Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 16/12/2020 at 00:24, Distant Doonhamer said:

Excellent. Time for a day or two of you being quietly smug. emoji106.pngemoji6.png

Turns out it was several days.

Package arrived today. She opened it, and ranted that they hadn't sent all the items. I checked the order confirmation, and I think you all know where this is going...

Finished up on backshift last night for my Christmas break , so decided to sit for a while with a few drinks to unwind and chill , whilst she headed to bed early as she was getting up at 6am as she ' had a lot to do today'.

Enjoyed several beers watching old TOTP2 episodes featuring some 90's dance and Britpop classics ( there was f**k all else on) , before heading up at 03.30 .

Her alarm duly goes off at 6 , and again at 06.15 after she'd hit the snooze button . At this point she says she's going to read her kindle til 7 and then get up .

Went for a slash and returned to try and get settled again , when she proclaims that she's still too tired to even read and is going back to sleep and promptly nods off , leaving me the c**t who is now back downstairs with only a couple of hours sleep under my belt , wide awake ,drinking coffee and posting shite on a football forum .

Seething . Absolutely fucking seething .

Back to the presents for teachers thing...

I never would consider it unless the teacher had particularly gone out the way to help my child in a special manner. Then it's understandable.
My wean will be off to nursery in a few months so having to had sort that the thought of giving them presents can get fucked after the prices they charge.

Back to the presents for teachers thing...

I never would consider it unless the teacher had particularly gone out the way to help my child in a special manner. Then it's understandable.

My wean will be off to nursery in a few months so having to had sort that the thought of giving them presents can get fucked after the prices they charge.

Can I say as a teacher, while it’s a nice gesture, it makes me feel awkward as f**k. I can’t afford to buy all the kids something so please don’t spend money on me. I am also just doing my job. What I do appreciate and have kept is nice messages on cards from parents and kids, they mean more to me than any bottle of wine would.

ETA: us primary teachers do get a ridiculous amount sometimes, I once got £150 for John Lewis for the whole class. Again, it was very touching but I felt so bloody awkward. It depends on where you teach, but I’ve been in schools where it’s almost a competition as to what you give the teacher.

I’ve heard of teachers in the Middle East who rake it in from ex-pat families, stuff like iPads and watches. Mental stuff.

Has to 'give way' to absolutely everyone in the supermarket then apologise as they go past. FFS!!! Drives me up the fuckin wall. Shopping could be done in half the time if she'd just barge through all the slow, dithering c***s that seem to infect all supermarkets these days. 

And breath :lol:

Maybe not one for this thread but on what you said, mine get annoyed at me moaning t c***s who don't show any courtesy to the buggy.

I am not suggesting everyone moves for buggies but when there is 3 of ye right across the pavement I expect the c**t in front to move rather than force her with the buggy into th muck/on to the road.

I am in the wrong for saying something apparently.

Maybe not one for this thread but on what you said, mine get annoyed at me moaning t c***s who don't show any courtesy to the buggy.

I am not suggesting everyone moves for buggies but when there is 3 of ye right across the pavement I expect the c**t in front to move rather than force her with the buggy into th muck/on to the road.

I am in the wrong for saying something apparently.

I never realised how bad wheelchair access was, particularly kerbs, until I did a stint in a care home. And I never realised how badly buggy pushers can be treated until I babysat my nephews.

They shouldn't have to part like the red sea for buggies but the looks you can get when you polite say "excuse me" is incredible.

ETA, when your wee one is at walking age be prepared for folk not to move on narrow paths as well. This really boils my piss. I've always moved out the way on smaller paths but am I f**k walking on the road with a toddler. I've even seen myself walk on the road whilst holding the wee one's hand who's on the path. Absolute worstcunt behaviour not to do the right thing in that situation.

42 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I know times are difficult and people are struggling. To differing degrees. But FFS, going to the supermarket is not a fucking day out. 

It's amazing how many people think it is actually a day out though. 

An old workmate lives in East Kilbride and his wife prefers Tesco as her supermarket of choice, only she likes to go to various different branches week to week, 'just for a wee change'. 

She doesn't drive, and the daft cnut is soft enough to bow down and appease her, spending his Saturday afternoon going to the Bellshill shop one week, Coatbridge the next etc. 

I would my arse, especially when he lives 2 mins away from a large Morrisons. 

Mental stuff. 

An old workmate lives in East Kilbride and his wife prefers Tesco as her supermarket of choice, only she likes to go to various different branches week to week, 'just for a wee change'. 
She doesn't drive, and the daft cnut is soft enough to bow down and appease her, spending his Saturday afternoon going to the Bellshill shop one week, Coatbridge the next etc. 
Mental stuff. 
Going to an unfamiliar supermarket is my idea of hell. Nae clue where anything is, wondering about helplessly failing to fulfil your list and making a mental note of what you need to get when you inevitably go home via a shop you actually know your way about.

Hell.

17 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Mental stuff. 

That is fucking lunacy. Imagine that being the excitement in your life. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Going to an unfamiliar supermarket is my idea of hell. Nae clue where anything is, wondering about helplessly failing to fulfil your list and making a mental note of what you need to get when you inevitably go home via a shop you actually know your way about.

Hell.

Yep, I lose my shit when the Inverness Asda decides to move the butter further along the same aisle.

38 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Mental stuff. 

They're all the f****** same, everything is laid out the same, same aisles etc. Except the smaller ones, they don't have half the stuff.

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, I lose my shit when the Inverness Asda decides to move the butter further along the same aisle.

Me, too. (Well not the Inverness Asda obviously, Cookstown Tesco.)

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Especially the ones that seem to get mesmerised by the milk. There's always at least one shopper mesmerised at the milk. 

It's not mesmerised. It's more like trying to decipher your way through the infinities of milks..... 

oat, semi oat, almond, oat and hemp, oat and barley, semi milk, whole milk, hazelnut, cats piss..., jersey, guersey,

goats....etc.

Can I say as a teacher, while it’s a nice gesture, it makes me feel awkward as f**k. I can’t afford to buy all the kids something so please don’t spend money on me. I am also just doing my job. What I do appreciate and have kept is nice messages on cards from parents and kids, they mean more to me than any bottle of wine would.

ETA: us primary teachers do get a ridiculous amount sometimes, I once got £150 for John Lewis for the whole class. Again, it was very touching but I felt so bloody awkward. It depends on where you teach, but I’ve been in schools where it’s almost a competition as to what you give the teacher.

I’ve heard of teachers in the Middle East who rake it in from ex-pat families, stuff like iPads and watches. Mental stuff.
I taught 4 years in an international school in Vietnam and am currently in my 8th year in Jakarta. Some of the presents my wife and I have had are mental - Mont Blanc wallet, Burberry purse, 10 rounds of golf at a top course, hotel stays. I teach the oldest grades so write a lot of recommendation letters for top universities in the US and UK so it might be because of that. We also teach some unbelievably wealthy kids.

My wife teaches the equivalent of P1 and they have a class mum who organises stuff for Christmas and end of year.

19 minutes ago, beefybake said:

It's not mesmerised. It's more like trying to decipher your way through the infinities of milks..... 

oat, semi oat, almond, oat and hemp, oat and barley, semi milk, whole milk, hazelnut, cats piss..., jersey, guersey,

goats....etc.

Are those not the same?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Hell.

If stuff in my local Tesco has been moved I just got it the middle of the shop and repeatedly shout “G-MAN IRN BRU” at the top of voice until it’s sorted 

Doesnt work now as he’s changed his name to Robin Hood.