Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

51 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Every year i get a reasonable wee collection of chocolates /booze - but it's usually in the summer when the kids leave. It's the primary teachers that really rake it in. Down south they get some ridiculously expensive gifts

I can confirm this.

When my weans were in Primary my most recent wife always liked to play Lady Muck and give OTT gifts to their teachers at Xmas including, one year,  bottles of Belle Epoque champagne (the ones with the painted bottle) that I'd been given as a gift from a supplier. -worth about £120 apiece.

The yummy mummies did like to try and outdo each other.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I can confirm this.

When my weans were in Primary my most recent wife always liked to play Lady Muck and give OTT gifts to their teachers at Xmas including, one year,  bottles of Belle Epoque champagne (the ones with the painted bottle) that I'd been given as a gift from a supplier. -worth about £120 apiece.

I’m calling bullshit. There’s no way a bottle of booze lasted longer than a few hours in your house. 

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I’m calling bullshit. There’s no way a bottle of booze lasted longer than a few hours in your house. 

I was often away getting pished up on company expenses on business trips.  Plus have you ever tried to neck champagne straight from the bottle?

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I was often away getting pished up on company expenses on business trips.  Plus have you ever tried to neck champagne straight from the bottle?

Yeah those bubbles get right up your nose. 

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I can confirm this.

You know the rules Kincy m8.

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do parents give nursery workers/high school teachers presents too, or just specifically the teachers from ages 5 through 11?

Yes to nursery. Not me, though. Both my children have about 7 different teachers in their nursery room. I recommend them to friends who are looking for a nursery. That's the best present they could ask for!

Guest bernardblack

Usually my aunties, uncles and cousins etc meet before Christmas to swap presents (NAP it’ll be multiple shower gels) but obviously that can’t happen this year.

Mrs BB asks what’s happening this year and I politely ask if she would like to try and organise the various drop offs etc

“No it’s your side of the family, you’d be best doing that”

Fair enough, I text the various relatives and tell Mrs BB what they have said, to be met with a smorgasbord of:

“Oh your cousin is always like this”

“What does she mean by that?”

“Does she not realise I’m working that day?”

Give me strength please P&B

My wife works in a nursery at a local primary school and even pre getting her qualification she would buy gifts for our sons teacher(s) at Christmas and last day before summer holidays. Naturally she's coming home with various gifts from parents or her own key children now as well so this trend will no doubt continue. Our son is 8 and today he is away with a box of chocolates for his P4 teacher along with christmas cards for his teacher and friends. It seems his school haven't banned any handing over of gifts/cards. His teachers in the past have always given out gifs to the kids as well to take home however no idea if that's happening this year. Me personally, I just stay out of it. If the wife wants to do it fair enough. 

12 hours ago, Raidernation said:

As a teacher (have I ever mentioned that?)
a genuine kind note/word from parent or student is the best present.

Unless they want to give me shit loads of money emoji1303.png

Dear Teach, 

You're a bit better than the last one, the one that got the sack.

Merry Christmas

I find this utterly bizarre but each to their own I suppose.
We always got the teacher a present on the last day of term at school (primary that is. I'd have got leathered doing that at high school). We probably wouldn't have bothered with Xmas other than a card but it's been a shit year and they are really good with our wee one so a box of chocolates isn't anything special.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
7 hours ago, The Moonster said:
I find this utterly bizarre but each to their own I suppose.

We always got the teacher a present on the last day of term at school (primary that is. I'd have got leathered doing that at high school). We probably wouldn't have bothered with Xmas other than a card but it's been a shit year and they are really good with our wee one so a box of chocolates isn't anything special.

You could make them a nice big chocolate cake.

8 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Usually my aunties, uncles and cousins etc meet before Christmas to swap presents (NAP it’ll be multiple shower gels) but obviously that can’t happen this year.

Mrs BB asks what’s happening this year and I politely ask if she would like to try and organise the various drop offs etc

“No it’s your side of the family, you’d be best doing that”

Fair enough, I text the various relatives and tell Mrs BB what they have said, to be met with a smorgasbord of:

“Oh your cousin is always like this”

“What does she mean by that?”

“Does she not realise I’m working that day?”

Give me strength please P&B

Not a single shred of sympathy for you here, mate.  She (rightly) told you to sort it out and you drew her back in to the affray.  Schoolboy error.

Mind you, given how thrawn they can be, you'd also have got the old, "You never share with me* shite if you'd said nothing.

Some days are just lose-lose.