Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

My kids school send a gentle please don’t feel need give gift, donate to charity instead.

Which doesn’t sit right with me!  I’ve been unwell recently and the staff have been great support. 

My kids school send a gentle please don’t feel need give gift, donate to charity instead.
Which doesn’t sit right with me!  I’ve been unwell recently and the staff have been great support. 
Write a nice message in a card. As a teacher there's nothing better than getting a genuine thank you message that someone has taken time to write.

27 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
35 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Write a nice message in a card. As a teacher there's nothing better than getting a genuine thank you message that someone has taken time to write.

Bottle of whisky would be better.

33 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
42 minutes ago, RH33 said:

The issue, supposedly, is that they don't want stuff from home being passed to the teachers due to the covid transmission risk. If presents are banned, cards are too.

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Wait, do people give presents to their kids teachers? Is this a normal thing that happens?

I have never, ever heard of this.

Yes. Was commonplace when I was at school, and still is now.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Finally got through to the wife regarding giving Christmas presents to the kids teachers.

The school have expressly banned it. In fact I think our school maybe even banned this last year pre covid. But no.... It doesnt "sit right" with her so the presents are ready to go.

Had to explain repeatedly that the weans P1 teacher doesnt know us, and is therefore unlikely to make exceptions and break rules for us. Nor should she be put in the position of making that call.

A rare win for common sense, but theres still a few school days to go so we will see......

31 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I handed mine in on Monday so that the teachers could quarantine them before taking home.

Well this is a tad awkward...

47 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Wait, do people give presents to their kids teachers? Is this a normal thing that happens?

Neither have I. Mine just gave the postwoman £20 in a card, fucking moaned because I wanted a £3 box of granola the same day, but gave her that. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Yeah, they said to send an email

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yep. Some folk do. 

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Bottle of whisky would be better.

Absolutely this

38 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Well this is a tad awkward...

Different school policies I suppose. Ours were very clear that they would not be accepting them. So why the wife would feel like we should be exempt from that is beyond me

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, they said to send an email

Yep. Some folk do. 

Absolutely this

Different school policies I suppose. Ours were very clear that they would not be accepting them. So why the wife would feel like we should be exempt from that is beyond me

I agree with your stance on it, just a funny series of posts with you slating your wife for being a tit and doing it, followed by another poster saying that they’d ignored the school request not to give one and had handed in a gift this week.

Yes. Was commonplace when I was at school, and still is now.

It was cards when I was at school. Only exception I can think of was when I broke my leg and my mum gave my P5 teacher a box of chocolates as a thank you for dropping off schoolwork to me everyday.

Still pissed off at that.

Every year i get a reasonable wee collection of chocolates /booze - but it's usually in the summer when the kids leave. It's the primary teachers that really rake it in. Down south they get some ridiculously expensive gifts

Getting an email can go and do one, though. The covid risk of transferring on paper is ridiculously small.

14 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I agree with your stance on it, just a funny series of posts with you slating your wife for being a tit and doing it, followed by another poster saying that they’d ignored the school request not to give one and had handed in a gift this week.

@RH33 would likely boot the living f**k out of me so I opted to move away from that avenue.... Shes already pissed off with my admiration of Grace Dent