Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

She wants to go away for Christmas.

Me to her multiple times - I’m not sure it’s a good idea to go. Places might be closed, there’s the lockdown and it’s only a 4 day holiday anyway.

Her to me - It’ll be fine. We’ll be careful.

Some random at work to her - You’re going away? Is that a good idea. 

Her to me - We should cancel our Christmas holiday away.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Me to her multiple times - I’m not sure it’s a good idea to go. Places might be closed, there’s the lockdown and it’s only a 4 day holiday anyway.

Testify!

I spent years calmly arguing against her mad ideas, being called negative and miserable etc. The situation always resolved itself when someone else would make the same points as me. Suddenly it all made sense. End of mad idea. 

Now I just miss out the calm arguing phase and let some random in the queue at Morrisons do the work for me.

3 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Testify!

I spent years calmly arguing against her mad ideas, being called negative and miserable etc. The situation always resolved itself when someone else would make the same points as me. Suddenly it all made sense. End of mad idea. 

Now I just miss out the calm arguing phase and let some random in the queue at Morrisons do the work for me.

Unfortunately I can only give this one Charles.

So true.

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Her sometime in January "Glad I cancelled that Christmas break. Told you it wasn't a good idea"

On 28/11/2020 at 18:23, coprolite said:

She had a drink the other night and became talkative. 

She literally talked at me for 4 solid hours. 

First hour was almost a conversation although she clearly wasn't listening to anything i said and started taliking about random other subjects half way through my sentences. 

Second hour was mainly the old smile and nod from me with my eyes ahead trying to watch the telly. 

Third hour was me doing a lot of this:

1040278356_garryoconnorfat.jpg.f27b97c08aa50f65d423dd1cdf8d341f.jpg

1215699184_tenor(1).gif.f9bb949bfc628d4c542ac52d54c0f551.gif

By hour four I'd given up on manners or subtlety and asked her repeatedly to stop talking, for the love of god just stop please. 

Apparently we were just having a conversation like normal people and i'm a fucking arsehole. Door slam, off to bed. Result. 

The moral of the story is appeasement doesn't work, will go straight to a war footing in future. 

I'm constantly telling her (my wife, not yours) to stop interrupting. I don't give a f**k if she goes in a bad mood, if she didn't do it in the first place I wouldn't have to tell her. She's a lot more concious of it now and catches herself doing it so getting them telt is definitely more effective than just accepting it and sitting simmering away. 

44 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm constantly telling her (my wife, not yours) to stop interrupting. I don't give a f**k if she goes in a bad mood, if she didn't do it in the first place I wouldn't have to tell her. She's a lot more concious of it now and catches herself doing it so getting them telt is definitely more effective than just accepting it and sitting simmering away. 

It's about number 79 on the list of behaviour that needs addressed. 

13 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Testify!

Women are utter cunts for this.  Needing a second confirmation for them to realise they're wrong.

Guest bernardblack

You’ve won this thread.

16 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

In a similar vein, went in the huff / can't understand why I didn't want to book some cheap* flights to Berlin for the start of April in the Black Friday sales.

That we've just gotten a refund after twice re-arranging, then ultimately cancelling, flights to Berlin this year seemed lost on her.

*The flights were about a tenner return cheaper than they normally would be for an organised person.

Guest bernardblack

Fair play to Mrs BB she’s very organised at Christmas etc.

But....

“Help me with some gift ideas for my brother”

“Okay what about...[i suggest 5/6 things all to be met with a no]”

“Ah you’re no help”

"I'm going to book the cat into the vets on Wednesday. What time are you free?"

"i'm free after 9.30"

10 mins later

"he's booked in for 11.30 on Thursday" 

"I can't do 11.30on Thursday i have a meeting" 

"Why did you not say anything before i called?" 

"ffs" 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

"i'm free after 9.30"

10 mins later

"ffs" 

You're better doing that sort of thing yourself. Unless you don't like your cat and want it to die of course.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

In a similar vein, went in the huff / can't understand why I didn't want to book some cheap* flights to Berlin for the start of April in the Black Friday sales.

That we've just gotten a refund after twice re-arranging, then ultimately cancelling, flights to Berlin this year seemed lost on her.

*The flights were about a tenner return cheaper than they normally would be for an organised person.

We’ve just had our February flights cancelled and awaiting the refund. 

35 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're better doing that sort of thing yourself. Unless you don't like your cat and want it to die of course.

Point of principle. I didn't want the responsibility for a cat. We got him on the understanding that she'd do everything. Obviously i have to pay the vet and clean up shite, puke etc. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

"i'm free after 9.30"

10 mins later

"ffs" 

Im with the missus here. 

"After 9.30" with no end limit gives her free reign to say anything.

I asked periodically last month what she would like for Christmas, I don't know she says, nothing really, let me think about it.

Asked her again last night - "Oh you didn't get the hints I was dropping?" Clearly not, can you not just tell me straight out what you want?

So at the moment it looks like she is getting 'nothing really' for Christmas

She's spent more time planning for a family Christmas this year than I think she did our wedding, with plans for Festivus changing on a monthly - now weekly, soon to be daily - basis depending on The Rules of The Moment. I tuned out weeks ago and, as much as I appreciate the spread of food her mother will no doubt put on, I'm no longer interested in the whole thing. Plus she's on call with her work, meaning she's no idea what she'll be doing on Christmas Day until gone 1400hrs as that's usually as late as they'll phone her in. So this entire line of conversation is all for nothing. Will make sure I've Pringles and Irn-Bru in and she can suit herself. 

She's helpfully dropped close to 40 hints for presents, most of which have been ignored as come December 19th, she'll realise I've a full week off and decide she fancies One Big Present which can only be sourced by me going to an actual shop, in a bid to try and waste my time.