Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, Funky Nosejob said:

We have lived in our house for 17 years and the bathroom is where it has always been. Our teenage children have grown up in our house. Our house is not a B&B.
This appeared yesterday on the bathroom door  ... 

41677E9B-3F25-43B8-8C20-ABE0F8AC41EB.jpeg.c10517d47965732547dfe96d002da862.jpeg

"Aw, but it's nice"

Looks like it will rattle on every open & close. You poor, poor soul.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

"But they look nice!"

An utterly dreadful habit. Stamp it oot, quick!

I've moved them to the handles of the cupboard in the spare room which I never go in and will continue putting any that appear in there, hopefully this is the end of them on doors I use.

1 hour ago, thomas said:

I've moved them to the handles of the cupboard in the spare room which I never go in and will continue putting any that appear in there, hopefully this is the end of them on doors I use.

luke skywalker salute GIF by Star Wars

Edited by jimbaxters

On 02/11/2020 at 12:23, Jimmy Shaker said:

And I see she's committed the ultimate atrocity prior to coming down the stairs - she's stripped the bed and not immediately put new bedding on it, and instead will leave it bare until the bedding in the wash is clean and dry and she can put it back on. Which - of course - she won't do. Sadly for her, she's facing an early night for work tomorrow and will have to be in bed before me, and thus will realise the error of her ways when she goes up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire to find an unmade scratcher and I'm still sat trying to make up work hours late at night, and will be forced to make it when she's tired and pissed off. With hilarious results. 

And once again with this. 

We have one of those plug-in speaker things linked to the doorbell, so of course, when she knows that I’ve been waiting on somebody turning up this morning, the logical thing to do was not inform me that she had turned it off.  😕

Now I’m left wondering whether they’ve been or not.

Eta:  one can only presume sabotage and that she just really, really wants an excuse to drive into the exciting world of an Aberdeen industrial estate to pick it up for me instead.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Last night, whilst watching Bake Off Final...
Her: “Don’t pause it. I’m just going to pop to the loo.” 
Me: “If you go into the hall and past the stairs, it’s the first door on the left. You can’t miss it, there’s a sign on the door.”
Apparently, I’m an arsehole. 

A magnificent response. Well played sir.

Whe have the same one that's in Friday Night Dinner on our downstairs loo. On the hook, on the INSIDE of the door. It allows you to remember where you are as you sit on the throne and contemplate how you ended up there.

We have lived in our house for 17 years and the bathroom is where it has always been. Our teenage children have grown up in our house. Our house is not a B&B.

On 24/11/2020 at 12:27, Funky Nosejob said:

I'lll see your bathroom tat, and raise you the bedroom tat.........

image.thumb.png.09d719f8d6f82eb4cf94e8d7f41a5a16.png

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That's where we hang our jackets when we come in the front door. My wife does it to then, every so often, moans about people hanging their jackets there.

I've offered to put up coat hooks on the wall but supposedly that would be untidy.

Our jackets/coats get banished to the back porch. Heaven help anybody leaving their jacket/coat in our front hall (although we have no banister to hang it on). Sometimes I would hang one of the youngsters' coats over the hoover, but that's frowned upon, too. (The hoover shouldn't be "decorating my hall" either, of course.

She had a drink the other night and became talkative. 

She literally talked at me for 4 solid hours. 

First hour was almost a conversation although she clearly wasn't listening to anything i said and started taliking about random other subjects half way through my sentences. 

Second hour was mainly the old smile and nod from me with my eyes ahead trying to watch the telly. 

Third hour was me doing a lot of this:

1040278356_garryoconnorfat.jpg.f27b97c08aa50f65d423dd1cdf8d341f.jpg

1215699184_tenor(1).gif.f9bb949bfc628d4c542ac52d54c0f551.gif

By hour four I'd given up on manners or subtlety and asked her repeatedly to stop talking, for the love of god just stop please. 

Apparently we were just having a conversation like normal people and i'm a fucking arsehole. Door slam, off to bed. Result. 

The moral of the story is appeasement doesn't work, will go straight to a war footing in future.