Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Hold up. Have I picked that up right? Dirty nappies hanging from door handles inside the house?

There's a lot of stuff that gets posted here where you think 'aye I suppose that'd be a bit annoying' but relatively little that would really lower your opinion of someone. If I knew someone who willingly lived in squalor like that I don't think I could look them in the eye. 

Aye. Its something that's started to happen this last week and its doing my head in. Nappygate is the mother in law and she's been telt to cut it out or she's not getting back into the house. The wife did it once this week and, after I had a go, it was established that it was there for a second till she went downstairs with it.

And for clarity, shitty nappies are always fired into the bin outside straight away and have never been found hanging in a nappy bag on the door. But regardless, having anything hanging on the door handle gets me fucking fuming and its been dealt with.

37 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Would it help, or make it worse, to point out to her that if a murderer comes to the door with intent to murder, the fact that the door is locked will not, unless you live in a fortress, be any sort of deterrent?

"I was going to murder them, but there's a wee Yale locked on a plastic door so that's me gubbed."

Also, if you lock your door and remove the keys you're considerably less likely to avoid harm from an intruder than to burn to death behind it in a fire. 

It would almost certainly make it worse and end up with me fitting bars on windows and cctv. 

8 hours ago, mathematics said:

I see you your <all of that quoted> and raise you a Hannibal lecter mask that hangs from the livingroom door.

D7DD6922-C3EE-4FAB-9086-A2DED2C33247.jpeg

And array of gimp masks on the others.

Keys, she always loses keys. Lost count long ago of the number of new ones which have had to be cut for the house, and there have also been replacements for her car along the way too, before the originals have turned up again in the most ridiculous fucking places. 
The best one though is that she works from home and has a workshop in the garden for which there are, or should be 5 (five) keys. 
There have been many occasions when I've been asked "I'm going to lock up for the night, have you seen the cabin key" ? 
"Which one of your vast array of cabin keys is it you're actually looking for"? 
"Oh f**k off, never mind I'll find it myself". 
Aye, you do that while I sit here and enjoy listening to you clattering around and slamming drawers, seething at your own stupidity as well as my lack of fucks given. It usually ends with me letting this carry on for a bit before joining the search and finding it before her and receiving the most grudging thanks possible. 
Nae bother love, same time again tomorrow? 
https://www.thetileapp.com/en-gb/

Had a colleague that lost everything and he got these and found them handy.

She'll have a packet of crisps or a biscuit with her lunch, and will put her plate or bowl in the sink with the empty packet or wrapper still in it, rather than put in the bin.  Also she leaves the tops off the milk bottles lying on the worktop rather than putting then in the bin. 

She'll have a packet of crisps or a biscuit with her lunch, and will put her plate or bowl in the sink with the empty packet or wrapper still in it, rather than put in the bin.  Also she leaves the tops off the milk bottles lying on the worktop rather than putting then in the bin. 
Awful behaviour.

My wife will eat chocolates out of a box, say Quality Street and put the empty wrappers back into the box. She also puts used matches back into the matchbox.

So does mine. Infuriating.

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Always gets me to call for a takeaway despite her apparently being the expert on ordering food and giving step by step instructions throughout the call. 

I think they're all like that. It's to avoid responsibility if the order is wrong "I told you chicken and sweetcorn soup, not birds nest curry", whereas if they give the actual order they've nobody to blame but themselves (which would never do).

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
https://www.thetileapp.com/en-gb/

Had a colleague that lost everything and he got these and found them handy.

Got one of these for the other half and it makes life so much easier.

I think some of us would be quite pleased if we mislaid our wives.

Oh, I see what you mean...

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

My wife will eat chocolates out of a box, say Quality Street and put the empty wrappers back into the box. She also puts used matches back into the matchbox.

I quite like rummaging through a tin of old wrappers and finding a good one hidden away. The matches thing is horrible, non smokers are the worst for it. 

Guest bernardblack

Making brunch.....

“Oh would you mind not using that much oil, I’m trying to be healthy”

Guaranteed the topic of a takeaway later will be brought up and not by me.

Madness

9 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Awful behaviour.

Mine does it with after eights ,when you go for one it's a box of empty wrappers