Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Starting to realise why I'm single these days. Those doorhandle danglers were always immediately removed and thrown on the floor. Eventually they stopped reappearing, along with the wife.

11 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Brethren.

IMG_20201023_202140.jpg

I see your clattery objects and raise you a carrier bag full of rubbish, a nappy bag tied with nappy inside (not my nappy, the wee mans), coats, bags, bags without handles squeezed over the door handle till its punctured and hanging there full of stuff. To be fair its the mother in law who's guilty of this when she's been over but the wife is getting progressively worse. And then I get moaned at when I move these things and put them into their rightful place. Or the passive aggressive "where did that bag go?" 

"In the bin. It was full of rubbish"

"But it wasn't full. its easier to fill that than put each individual thing in the bin"

"But its fucking minging and rubbish goes in the bin "

Silence

Coats hanging over the top corner of the door by the hood so when you walk past they fall off, even if there's been no contact. And of course the pockets are full of keys, her phone and other pish so the sound can be heard anywhere in the house and you get that "what just fell?" shout from wherever the hell she is in the house.

Rubbish in the bin, coats on the coat rack, keys on the hook next to the door, please. Like civilised people.

And don't get me onto the loading and emptying of the dish washer and the disaster that is the filling of the cupboards and drawers.

Keys, she always loses keys. Lost count long ago of the number of new ones which have had to be cut for the house, and there have also been replacements for her car along the way too, before the originals have turned up again in the most ridiculous fucking places. 

The best one though is that she works from home and has a workshop in the garden for which there are, or should be 5 (five) keys. 

There have been many occasions when I've been asked "I'm going to lock up for the night, have you seen the cabin key" ? 

"Which one of your vast array of cabin keys is it you're actually looking for"? 

"Oh f**k off, never mind I'll find it myself". 

Aye, you do that while I sit here and enjoy listening to you clattering around and slamming drawers, seething at your own stupidity as well as my lack of fucks given. It usually ends with me letting this carry on for a bit before joining the search and finding it before her and receiving the most grudging thanks possible. 

Nae bother love, same time again tomorrow? 

We have some ceramic tile panels in the garden.  The acid from the mortar has leaked through onto the tiles in one (small)area  so I had a couple of goes at cleaning them with no luck.  So, we agreed the best plan was to put a larger pot and plant in front - problem solved.  Moved things around the garden a bit and got one large enough last night.  Got up this morning and she's gone and trimmed the plant so it doesn't cover the stain now.  I have no words. 

Just now, hk blues said:

We have some ceramic tile panels in the garden.  The acid from the mortar has leaked through onto the tiles in one (small)area  so I had a couple of goes at cleaning them with no luck.  So, we agreed the best plan was to put a larger pot and plant in front - problem solved.  Moved things around the garden a bit and got one large enough last night.  Got up this morning and she's gone and trimmed the plant so it doesn't cover the stain now.  I have no words. 

Acid from the mortar? 
7AA84A24-D26D-4053-9752-ADB2A0470757.gif.680b57a116c7b70aad91ef790433471a.gif

Spoiler

Alkali m9. Get some acid on it.

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I see your clattery objects and raise you a carrier bag full of rubbish, a nappy bag tied with nappy inside (not my nappy, the wee mans), coats, bags, bags without handles squeezed over the door handle till its punctured and hanging there full of stuff. To be fair its the mother in law who's guilty of this when she's been over but the wife is getting progressively worse. And then I get moaned at when I move these things and put them into their rightful place. Or the passive aggressive "where did that bag go?" 

"But it wasn't full. its easier to fill that than put each individual thing in the bin"

Silence

Coats hanging over the top corner of the door by the hood so when you walk past they fall off, even if there's been no contact. And of course the pockets are full of keys, her phone and other pish so the sound can be heard anywhere in the house and you get that "what just fell?" shout from wherever the hell she is in the house.

Rubbish in the bin, coats on the coat rack, keys on the hook next to the door, please. Like civilised people.

And don't get me onto the loading and emptying of the dish washer and the disaster that is the filling of the cupboards and drawers.

I see you your <all of that quoted> and raise you a Hannibal lecter mask that hangs from the livingroom door.

D7DD6922-C3EE-4FAB-9086-A2DED2C33247.jpeg

If my wife liked football and posted here I'd possibly be a contender.
Decided that tonight would be the best night to try toddler in a single bed rather than the cot.
It's her turn to take him, it's her turn on the monitor for him.. And it's our anniversary.
What a present

9 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Silence

Sounds quite the catch!

On 18/10/2020 at 13:29, coprolite said:

On a related point, my wife goes nuts if i don't lock the door when we're all in the house just in case some escaped murderer tries to get in.  Then she decided once i've locked the door i've to hang the keys in a cupboard so that people can't see them through the letter box and steal them. I don't humour her any more because it encourages her and she was going to come up with something even more mental. 

Would it help, or make it worse, to point out to her that if a murderer comes to the door with intent to murder, the fact that the door is locked will not, unless you live in a fortress, be any sort of deterrent?

"I was going to murder them, but there's a wee Yale locked on a plastic door so that's me gubbed."

Also, if you lock your door and remove the keys you're considerably less likely to avoid harm from an intruder than to burn to death behind it in a fire.