Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

22 hours ago, Beans on Toast said:

Thats your fault for not taking a key.

My wife will be taking the kids out a walk or whatever and say "you'll be in when I get back so I won't take a key". Why? I don't understand the issue with taking a small metal object out with you in your pocket. What if I'm halfway through a jobby when you get back? Or in the middle of an intense game of fifa?

I'm not meaning to sound like a p***k, but genuinely whats your logic behind not taking a key?

They might lose it.

But I don't really think that's much of a reason.

I always take the front door key with me when I go out, and if my wife goes out without me (even though I'm usually in the house nowadays) she takes hers. Anyway, afaik, my stepdaughter(s) have keys to our house, and as she's usually out with them if she's not out with me, there never is a problem about getting in.

Seen a lot of people discussing keys and locked doors over the last few pages.

My wife is working from home today and I'm on the office.  So I leave at 8 and lock the door with my key.

I come home for lunch at 12:30 to find she's put her key in the door so I can't unlock it.  When I finally got in and asked her why she said "it's better to be safe than sorry".

The only thing I can think of is that she expects me to be mugged on my 5 minute walk to work through a hospital.

I didn't realise that locking your door when in the house during the day was so commonplace. My front door is rarely unlocked, because it rarely gets used. The side door, which comes directly in to the kitchen, is generally unlocked first thing in the morning, and with me working from home it stays that way until it gets locked just before I head to bed. 

My wife is working from home today and I'm on the office.  So I leave at 8 and lock the door with my key.
I come home for lunch at 12:30 to find she's put her key in the door so I can't unlock it.  When I finally got in and asked her why she said "it's better to be safe than sorry".
The only thing I can think of is that she expects me to be mugged on my 5 minute walk to work through a hospital.
Or maybe she's giving 'Davie' some time to find a decent hiding spot. Who knows.

3 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
12 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Or maybe she's giving 'Davie' some time to find a decent hiding spot. Who knows.

Concerning that my Dad is called David :lol: 

We have a larder unit in our kitchen next to the back door. Both doors can't open without banging in to each other. My darling wife loves to have the unit open when she knows I'm about to come through the door, then has a whinge at me for not seeing it's open through the frosted glass in the back door! Example this evening, she sent me out to put a load in the tumble dryer (which is in our garage), by the time I came back in it was wide open, so the back door crashes in to the unit door. Very much infuriating.

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

We have a larder unit in our kitchen next to the back door. Both doors can't open without banging in to each other. My darling wife loves to have the unit open when she knows I'm about to come through the door, then has a whinge at me for not seeing it's open through the frosted glass in the back door! Example this evening, she sent me out to put a load in the tumble dryer (which is in our garage), by the time I came back in it was wide open, so the back door crashes in to the unit door. Very much infuriating.

We've got a similar thing between the backdoor, a wee corridor where we have the washing machine etc and the kitchen. Fucking annoying, but can't be arsed rehanging a door so it's not an issue. Not sure if it was the braindead architect or the builders, it's a new build.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

We've got a similar thing between the backdoor, a wee corridor where we have the washing machine etc and the kitchen. Fucking annoying, but can't be arsed rehanging a door so it's not an issue. Not sure if it was the braindead architect or the builders, it's a new build.

Welshy's gaff:

images - 2020-10-20T032211.982.jpeg

6 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

A million fucking times this.  There's doors in my house that clatter like f**k everytime you close them because of pish like this hung on the handles. 

Lucky you that your doors close, I just can’t be arsed taking all the stuff she’s hung on them off to close mine