Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On a related point, my wife goes nuts if i don't lock the door when we're all in the house just in case some escaped murderer tries to get in.  Then she decided once i've locked the door i've to hang the keys in a cupboard so that people can't see them through the letter box and steal them. I don't humour her any more because it encourages her and she was going to come up with something even more mental. 

Mrs Maths’ maw had her car stolen after someone walked into her house in the middle of the day and picked up the keys from the hall table.

It happens more often that you think, so lock your fucking doors.

Edited to add: more likely for this to happen if you do stay in a nice area.

Edited by mathematics

4 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Mrs Maths’ maw had her car stolen after someone walked into her house in the middle of the day and picked up the keys from the hall table.

I like to think that the neighbours having nicer cars offers some sort of protection, like zinc on steel. 

5 hours ago, Beans on Toast said:

Thats your fault for not taking a key.

My wife will be taking the kids out a walk or whatever and say "you'll be in when I get back so I won't take a key". Why? I don't understand the issue with taking a small metal object out with you in your pocket. What if I'm halfway through a jobby when you get back? Or in the middle of an intense game of fifa?

I'm not meaning to sound like a p***k, but genuinely whats your logic behind not taking a key?

Same here. This bullshit seems to have rubbed off on our (now teenage) wean, who doesn't take a key with him unless he's told to. He's started to realise that I'm enough of a c**t to go out around the time he's due home, so we're getting there.

I've had the "what if I lose it?" gubbins too, and it just highlights that you're the only grown adult in the house. If you don't trust yourself to keep a small piece of metal safe in your pocket for a few hours, why on Earth would you expect me to be able to? The worst part is that she has actually lost her keys on several occasions, which still blows my mind. How the f**k do you lose a set of keys attached to a massive f**k-off attachment of fobs and keyring tat, that just sits in your trouser pocket while you're out?

Yes, yes, she probably forgot to take them out of the bowl, very good.

6 hours ago, Adam said:

Could get lost? I never take a key if my gf is in when I plan to go out, what’s the point?

This is mental. By that logic you shouldn’t take your phone, or wallet, or anything else not attached to your body out with you incase you lose it. 

Barely a week goes past without someone posting footage on the estate Facebook page of some chancer just going around trying doors. Also know someone who had both their cars nicked with the old fishing hook through the letterbox trick to get their keys off the hall table.

Would never rely on MrsP being in as my sole means of gaining access to the house just because she's said that she'll definitely be in, as being a woman there's a very high chance that what she's said she will do will be completely out the window 5 minutes later and it would be my fault for not anticipating that she would actually need to nip out for something.

51 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

arely a week goes past without someone posting footage on the estate Facebook page of some chancer just going around trying doors. Also know someone who had both their cars nicked with the old fishing hook through the letterbox trick to get their keys off the hall table.

Our scheme has had a spate of cars being stolen in the last year or so. Mostly using cloning technology (apparently).

mostly all fords though, thankfully.

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

Our scheme has had a spate of cars being stolen in the last year or so. Mostly using cloning technology (apparently).

mostly all fords though, thankfully.

I can only hope some does same to my ford.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Not enough pillows or cushions IMO...20201019_005310.thumb.jpg.1c8c07b50101ebfa28b5c88703d3cb82.jpg

It's nice, but you're going to end up with a sore neck/lower back pain. IMO.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

8 hours ago, throbber said:

There would only be a very few scenarios requiring a 40 week pregnant woman and a 2.5 year old child to have to unexpectedly leave the house that day.

What if she fancies a couple of pints and a game of pool? 

My partner has built a wee den in our loft which is fine but this is where the 3D printer lives. It doesnt get used often but when he gets an idea for a wee project in his head the cunting thing seems to be on 24/7. 

When it's on I can hear it in all of the rooms upstairs and in the living room downstairs. It is driving me quite quickly to bat-shit mental territory. I struggle with insomnia at times and this fucking contraption is going to wind up getting launched into the Union canal at some point in the near future I reckon.

I'm not sure what it is about the noise but I just can't relax when I can hear it. It's almost like there's loud music being played some distance away. He's suggested ear plugs but I don't like the idea of not being able to hear anything at all. He can tune it out no issue but it really grates on my nerves.

Tempted to head downstairs to clean the kitchen. Would let me get some peace from the noise while allowing me to make some noise of my own. <_<

I've never understood why so many people place their keys and wallets right at the front door. Deserve to be robbed for such stupidity. 
This could be one of these bullshit urban myths attributed to the Polis that is actually just pish, but dont they advise this on the basis that if someone is willing to enter your house for your car keys it's probably best just to let them get what they want and go