Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

This morning, she said she'd do a wash. Domestic bits have essentially been my domain since furlough started as I'm in all day and make infinitely less mess doing anything, and she cannot take a task to completion.
So she hauls the washing tub downstairs, sorts out three piles of washing in the form on the floor and puts the first load in. 
Going by form, I know full well I'm going to get back in this evening to find that, despite this being A Rare Drying Day, the original pile of washing is still in the machine going sour - and the machine still on standby, lights blinking away to themselves - while the two other piles waiting to go in still sit on the kitchen floor, and the washing tub sitting in the road. And a pile of washing in the space in the bathroom press where the washing tub would usually be, stuff she's taken off to get dressed.
And somehow she's managed to knacker one of the bathroom taps just by cleaning the sink, and is pretending 'it just happened'.
Darks, lights and ?????

19 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
10 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:
This morning, she said she'd do a wash. Domestic bits have essentially been my domain since furlough started as I'm in all day and make infinitely less mess doing anything, and she cannot take a task to completion.
So she hauls the washing tub downstairs, sorts out three piles of washing in the form on the floor and puts the first load in. 
Going by form, I know full well I'm going to get back in this evening to find that, despite this being A Rare Drying Day, the original pile of washing is still in the machine going sour - and the machine still on standby, lights blinking away to themselves - while the two other piles waiting to go in still sit on the kitchen floor, and the washing tub sitting in the road. And a pile of washing in the space in the bathroom press where the washing tub would usually be, stuff she's taken off to get dressed.
And somehow she's managed to knacker one of the bathroom taps just by cleaning the sink, and is pretending 'it just happened'.

Darks, lights and ?????

Tanktops probably given that he still uses the phrase,   "bathroom press".

11 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

WTF is a 'washing tub'?

I've not been so confused since some Dundonian described a kitchen work top as a 'bunker'.

22 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
24 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
WTF is a 'washing tub'?
I've not been so confused since some Dundonian described a kitchen work top as a 'bunker'.

Nothing wrong with calling it a bunker. f**k knows where it comes from though.

I can think of several definitions of 'bunker' none of which include a kitchen work top.

'washing tub' though?

From somewhere in wikiland
Dundee 1995 Courier 4 Dec :
"I was born and brought up in Dundee and the house we lived in had just such a window seat — but it was actually a coal bunker because the lid lifted and our coal was kept inside. ... "

32 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

'washing tub'

Pre and post war council houses had a deep and shallow twin sink in the kitchen.

Between the two was a raised plate where a detachable wringer could be attached for laundry purposes.

These sinks were referred to as washing tubs.

My gran had an outhouse with a zinc tub over a coal fire, this was also referred to as a washing tub.

35 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Pre and post war council houses had a deep and shallow twin sink in the kitchen.

Between the two was a raised plate where a detachable wringer could be attached for laundry purposes.

These sinks were referred to as washing tubs.

My gran had an outhouse with a zinc tub over a coal fire, this was also referred to as a washing tub.

The washing tub in question has been hauled downstairs so it's not either of those. I think it's a laundry basket from the context, but maybe a giant tupperware one. 

17 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

She cannot fill a dishwasher. Everything is just fired in at random and once I do a bit of rearranging you could probably fit in the same amount again.

14 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Oh god this. Even putting mugs or glasses in seems to be difficult. Lovely sitting water once it's done.
Doesn't appear to know a pre rinse of left over sauce is a good idea either.
The cutlery basket is another that gets me, put the same things in the same area and it's easier to put away.

But no, apparently it's just a shit dishwasher.

I feel your pain.

The random, haphazard placement of bowls, plates, mugs and glasses is poor spatial awareness. 
The loading from front to back is just laziness. 
The stacking of items on top of each other, I can only put down to her misunderstanding how a dishwasher works. 
The most bizarre behaviour, however, is her refusal to lift the cutlery basket from the machine onto the work-surface to empty it  when clean. Instead, she leaves it in situ making several trips to and from the cutlery drawer. 

1 hour ago, Funky Nosejob said:

I feel your pain.

The random, haphazard placement of bowls, plates, mugs and glasses is poor spatial awareness. 
The loading from front to back is just laziness. 
The stacking of items on top of each other, I can only put down to her misunderstanding how a dishwasher works. 
The most bizarre behaviour, however, is her refusal to lift the cutlery basket from the machine onto the work-surface to empty it  when clean. Instead, she leaves it in situ making several trips to and from the cutlery drawer. 

"bunker", shirley?

Might be an Edinburgh thing, my gran and her side of the family used to refer to it as the scullery bunker.

10 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
21 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Darks, lights and ?????

The third pile seems to be clothes that have no logical washing instructions, the kind of items that need to be washed on their own for 73 minutes exactly and at precisely 45 degrees and only in a Tuesday, otherwise 'it's ruined'. 

25 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

That’s the Christmas wrapping started. Taking up most of the living room carpet.

Is she one of those folk who sets out to buy next year's Christmas presents on Boxing Day?

7 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Is she one of those folk who sets out to buy next year's Christmas presents on Boxing Day?

My wife buys Christmas/birthday presents the whole year round as she's that many to buy for (6 children, 16 grandchildren). She then forgets where she has put them. 

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

My wife buys Christmas/birthday presents the whole year round as she's that many to buy for (6 children, 16 grandchildren). She then forgets where she has put them. 

If her maiden name was Fritzl, you might want to check the cellar. Lol.

I've known more than one person who went out to buy any old cheap tat at 90% off, then sat on it for 12 months to dole it out at random to their family. Don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather get nothing than be given a discount tea towel that was bought purely to satisfy the "chore" of present-giving. Soulless arseholes.