Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Just now, Empty It said:
4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
She is, and always has been, utterly fucking dreadful

I'll presume you mean Ball and not your good lady.

I did consider a "And Zoe Ball's a shite broadcaster too" type joke, but I think the current future Mrs Connolly was looking over my shoulder at the time.

13 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I did consider a "And Zoe Ball's a shite broadcaster too" type joke, but I think the current future Mrs Connolly was looking over my shoulder at the time.

Always best to keep your options open.

19 hours ago, Empty It said:
19 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
She's started listening to the Zoe Ball breakfast show.

How Ball got that gig when ginger pubes left I'll never know, should've been Sara Cox.

They could have shared the presenting duties. Cox and Ball's Breakfast Show has a nice ring to it.

When Mrs JB washes the dishes she wears rubber gloves. Hence the water used to fill the basin is hotter than the sun.

She then leaves the water in the basin so if you touch it with your bare hands you get scalded. In addition, she leaves the mixer tap pushed all the way to the left so when you switch it on, again you get scalded. 

Another sink related thing is leaving cloths bleaching in the basin.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

When Mrs JB washes the dishes she wears rubber gloves. Hence the water used to fill the basin is hotter than the sun.

She then leaves the water in the basin so if you touch it with your bare hands you get scalded. In addition, she leaves the mixer tap pushed all the way to the left so when you switch it on, again you get scalded. 

This for me also. Unreal how rapid you can pull a plug under those conditions. Encounter any difficulty and your hand is toast. I’ve yet to back down from the challenge and introduce cold water to the sink.

Edited by wee_bairn

She regularly leaves the sink with bleach in it and the splash back has ruined some of my favourite t-shirts. The worst one was she threw a bleached cloth in the washing machine. I put in jeans and a t-shirt on top of it. They were fuckin ruined. Should probably add this to the thread about punching people from behind. c**t.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Mine does the exact same. Also leaves the gloves perilously balanced on the edge of the sink, so if I knock them into the basin of water, that she's left there, while getting rid of the water, its my fault.

3 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

She regularly leaves the sink with bleach in it and the splash back has ruined some of my favourite t-shirts. The worst one was she threw a bleached cloth in the washing machine. I put in jeans and a t-shirt on top of it. They were fuckin ruined. Should probably add this to the thread about punching people from behind. c**t.

That's mental. Cloths are so cheap as well.

6 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Well that was obviously your fault for not checking/asking what was in the washing machine in the first place.

Now if the roles had been reversed and you had left the bleach soaked cloth in the washing machine...

This morning, she said she'd do a wash. Domestic bits have essentially been my domain since furlough started as I'm in all day and make infinitely less mess doing anything, and she cannot take a task to completion.

So she hauls the washing tub downstairs, sorts out three piles of washing in the form on the floor and puts the first load in. 

Going by form, I know full well I'm going to get back in this evening to find that, despite this being A Rare Drying Day, the original pile of washing is still in the machine going sour - and the machine still on standby, lights blinking away to themselves - while the two other piles waiting to go in still sit on the kitchen floor, and the washing tub sitting in the road. And a pile of washing in the space in the bathroom press where the washing tub would usually be, stuff she's taken off to get dressed.

And somehow she's managed to knacker one of the bathroom taps just by cleaning the sink, and is pretending 'it just happened'.

Edited by Jimmy Shaker

She cannot fill a dishwasher. Everything is just fired in at random and once I do a bit of rearranging you could probably fit in the same amount again.
Oh god this. Even putting mugs or glasses in seems to be difficult. Lovely sitting water once it's done.
Doesn't appear to know a pre rinse of left over sauce is a good idea either.
The cutlery basket is another that gets me, put the same things in the same area and it's easier to put away.

But no, apparently it's just a shit dishwasher.