Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I get 50 questions whenever she's telling me a story. Made even more annoying when I've got a forkful of food in my mouth.

Most of these questions were from tipping point or the chase just to add to the drama.

This is a common occurence. I refuse to speak whilst masticating as there is nothing worse than looking into a cement mixer full of mince, tatties and carrots. Ever since we met she has known this is one of my pet hates. She still insists on trying to have a conversation though.

😷

5 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

We've just been gathering quotes for a new wood floor (living room) and carpet (stairs/top landing) Mrs WRK did the measurements.

"I measured last time, then the man came round to check them".

"Oh, right - you mean he came to measure properly" - cue major huff from the delightful Mrs WRK.

Anyway, we got to the first shop, and she unfolded the paper she'd written the measurements on. Could have been a football pitch or a tea tray, depending on which set of units of measurement you actually used. Fortunately, I'd quietly got the laser measurer out before we left, and still had the quote for the last time the stairs were done. Did I get any thanks for making the experience easier? Did I fúck.

This is a woman who almost signed up for a floor for our previous conservatory. She asked me how big it was, so I (old-school) replied, "twelve by ten". She then got a quote for over two grand (!) for a laminate floor fitting, and asked me if that was reasonable.

Are you married to my mum? Par Jr told me her granny (my mum) had taken her to a carpet shop one day. Like Mrs WRK, she unfolded her bit of paper in the shop with her requirements. She asked for a 10 metre by 12 metre rug. Sales person got quite a bollocking for trying to tell her she had possibly made a mistake with her measurements. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Me: I'll be there for 1pm

Her: Okay, text me when you're leaving.

Me: Why?

Her: So I know when you'll get here.

Me: I'll be there for 1pm.

*Me, arriving at 1pm*

Me: That's me here.

Her: I'll be two minutes, not ready yet.

That'll be woman minutes...

13 hours ago, philpy said:

"guess who I saw today??" I don't know, just fucking tell me. 

See when I get this shite, I start saying fucking stupid things in reply.  It stops her being so vague and daft for about 2 weeks then I start again.

I also get "There's xxxxx(insert random burds name)  text me to say she's fell out with/looking for a/ going to/ want to know" etc.

When I ask who xxxx is it's usually some c**t she works with whom I have never met and on the odd occasion she mentions a name I know I learned not to assume it's one of her friends I know as it is often not then it generally confuses the f**k out of me.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I also get "There's xxxxx(insert random burds name)  text me to say she's fell out with/looking for a/ going to/ want to know" etc.

When I ask who xxxx is it's usually some c**t she works with whom I have never met and on the odd occasion she mentions a name I know I learned not to assume it's one of her friends I know as it is often not then it generally confuses the f**k out of me.

This happens on a regular basis with me. I don't know a single one of her colleagues, or ever want to meet them for that matter, yet she'll fire into a conversation about these people as if they're my best friends and I'm expected to know everything about them.  I had one recently that went along the lines of...

Her -  Nicola (random name as I cant actually remember the real one) thinks her husband is definitely cheating.

Me - Who's Nicola?

Her - You know the girl at work

Me - No

Her - Yes you do...... Her husband is an engineer on cruise ships and works away for months at a time

Me - I vaguely remember you mentioning something about it (I don't)

I then get some big spiel about how this guy has been going out on the drink with the crew when they're docked, something he never used to do, and how he keeps appearing with some random girl from the ship in photos etc Then she's went through his phone and found dodgy  messages from said girl.  After a minute or two of hearing all about it, I get the;

Her - you don't care do you?

Me - Not really, but she shouldn't be going through his phone

Her - you're such an arsehole, they've got young kids etc

Me - I don't really care

Her - If you're going to be like that, I wont bother telling you in future

Me - Please don't.  

At this point she goes in the huff.

Edited by MONKMAN

15 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Are you married to my mum? Par Jr told me her granny (my mum) had taken her to a carpet shop one day. Like Mrs WRK, she unfolded her bit of paper in the shop with her requirements. She asked for a 10 metre by 12 metre rug. Sales person got quite a bollocking for trying to tell her she had possibly made a mistake with her measurements. 

My old dear used to regularly think I was “just under 6m tall”.

She never did quite grasp the metric system.

She's barely moved from the couch the entire week except to eat and go to bed.

I fully intended on having a day on the couch and watching the football. She moves for the first time this week and decides to paint the living room. She just got up this morning, went to Homebase for paint and has now turned the house upside down.

I can't even go and watch the football from someone else's couch since we're now back in lockdown.