Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

33 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

When she stayed at her mums i would text her saying i will pick you up at 7:30pm to go out. I would pull up at said time and peep the horn. At which point she would appear at the bedroom window l, towel wrapped around her head and text me saying “just out the shower, no be long”. Would infuriate me no end, to the extent i started telling her a time half an hour earlier so that she was ready at the appropriate time.

That's your fault TBBH (to be brutally honest). Tell her an hour before at least. If you've turned up expecting her to be ready for the time you told her then you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

That's your fault TBBH (to be brutally honest). Tell her an hour before at least. If you've turned up expecting her to be ready for the time you told her then you've got nobody to blame but yourself.

In my defence, i was young and optimistic.

28 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

When she stayed at her mums i would text her saying i will pick you up at 7:30pm to go out. I would pull up at said time and peep the horn. At which point she would appear at the bedroom window l, towel wrapped around her head and text me saying “just out the shower, no be long”. Would infuriate me no end, to the extent i started telling her a time half an hour earlier so that she was ready at the appropriate time.

She probably had another man round, hence the delay/shower. HTH. 

She has the worst time keeping, always late for things including her work and was recently pulled up for it. Her attitude was that it’s only a minute or two...wasn’t impressed when I said that late is late regardless of how long and she just needs to get ready faster.

Exactly the same if we are going to our pals....I’ll say we’ll eat round at 7.30 and at 7.45 she’s still doing her make up and says it doesn’t really matter if we are late.

I can’t stand being late, I think it’s the height of bad manners. Next time I may just leave her to make her own way.

While I’m ranting...I’ve not had a drink since 2015 and so I’m always the designated driver (which I’m fine with). However she is always telling her friends that I’ll give them all lifts home, which can involve having to go from East Lothian out to South Queensferry and back to Edinburgh while she has a nap in the back. This also includes when I’m having a quiet night at home, or if I’m out with my pals and I have to cut my evening short.

That all said, to be fair, I am punching so should be grateful.

1 hour ago, super_carson said:

She has the worst time keeping, always late for things including her work and was recently pulled up for it. Her attitude was that it’s only a minute or two...wasn’t impressed when I said that late is late regardless of how long and she just needs to get ready faster.

Exactly the same if we are going to our pals....I’ll say we’ll eat round at 7.30 and at 7.45 she’s still doing her make up and says it doesn’t really matter if we are late.

I can’t stand being late, I think it’s the height of bad manners. Next time I may just leave her to make her own way.

While I’m ranting...I’ve not had a drink since 2015 and so I’m always the designated driver (which I’m fine with). However she is always telling her friends that I’ll give them all lifts home, which can involve having to go from East Lothian out to South Queensferry and back to Edinburgh while she has a nap in the back. This also includes when I’m having a quiet night at home, or if I’m out with my pals and I have to cut my evening short.

^^^91RdAexHJ2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

If you’re accepting this sort of shite then you need to have a look in the mirror and accept you are a spineless shitebag. Don’t blame her for ripping the piss out of you tbh.

22 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If you’re accepting this sort of shite then you need to have a look in the mirror and accept you are a spineless shitebag. Don’t blame her for ripping the piss out of you tbh.

To be fair, I did say can include.  Quite often I just pretend I haven't seen my phone and deal with the moaning in the morning. 

I can relate to a lot of the above. I hate being late and many days/nights out have been slightly ruined by the behaviour described. 

Noticed it amongst other people I know too and there seems to be a correlation with hoarding/messiness.

So, isn't it remarkable how so many poor timekeepers and clutter-lovers hitch themselves to the good guys with the manners to be organized and on time? Driving them slowly nuts over a number of years.

There may be some evolutionary principle at work here. 

I'd be punching too if I were you. We all get the pish took out us on occasion by our partners, just as we take the pish, but you do realise her pals are now coming to nights out with expectations of a lift home off you?

I'd be punching too if I were you. We all get the pish took out us on occasion by our partners, just as we take the pish, but you do realise her pals are now coming to nights out with expectations of a lift home off you?

I’m aware they do (even when they do that fake “oh no it’s fine” shite). I have, at times, given them a lift but equally I have been quite happy to drop them off at an appropriate bus/train station or taxi rank.

My original complaint was more focussed on the fact that other halves seem to think it’s ok to volunteer us for whatever. Then take the arse when told no.

3 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I’m aware they do (even when they do that fake “oh no it’s fine” shite). I have, at times, given them a lift but equally I have been quite happy to drop them off at an appropriate bus/train station or taxi rank.

My original complaint was more focussed on the fact that other halves seem to think it’s ok to volunteer us for whatever. Then take the arse when told no.

Us, when did us come in to it?

23 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I think it's because they have this compulsion to keep so much stuff in their head that it all competes for attention and they end up late/not chucking out stuff etc. There's no prioritisation.

For me, if I have my phone, my keys and my wallet, that's all I need to head out the door. All other factors are secondary and get put in a mental box till I'm home again. For whatever reason I think that's just not how most women's brains are wired. It's not always good, I've had to go into a shop and buy something I already own because I forgot it on a trip but I prefer having to do that occasionally than standing at the door grinding my teeth while we're half an hour late because she's decided she absolutely has to reply to an email in the house instead of in the car or whatever.

Could well be.

The "Sentimental Attachment" card is a bit of an ace as well in the beloved game of Emotional Blackmail.

I've been Executor of a will several times with the responsibility of getting the deceased's house cleared. A task that should take a couple of weekends has taken months to accomplish due to this. The endgame is a dead person's clutter/shite ends being transferred to someone else's garage to bugger their space up with.

As you say, could be down to brain-wiring, processing emotions differently.

Pain in the arse though.

9 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

@Trackdaybob have you left yet?

What. A. Fuckin. Abominable. Journey. 

:lol:

Shit bank holiday traffic. Shit weather. Three hours down before we even start. 

Traffic and weather eased as we passed Leeming. Then we arrived just after 10. To discover you can't buy beer in tesco after 10pm. WTF?? 

A day to forget :)