Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've been leaving notes in the pockets of any green jeans I saw in the charity shops. I presumed they'd find their way to you eventually.

I did notice your restaurant, BTW. I assume @Bigmouth Strikes Again is a regular?

Reveal hidden contents

401_503262134.jpg

I keep inviting him but he never turns up.

Thank you.

MIne has started a new job that begins at 5am. Her waking me up in the morning I can deal with, as weirdly enough she is quite considerate (I know this isn't too common) and I'm straight back to sleep before the cars out the drive.

But what infuriates me is she will tell anyone and everyone that she's been up since 4am/needs to be asleep at 8pm. 

I'm now no longer allowed to be tired. Ever. 

In supermarkets she buys the second from the front item. This applies to all food / non-food purchases.
Non food is a bit strange but since the fresher food gets put to the back, this is absolutely the correct approach for food.

It's not the worst approach. World is full of manky b*****ds who will pick up the first item to take a look, then put it back. As long as you're not touching the first item (rendering this pointless) picking up the second is absolutely fine. 

I'll sometimes put my earphones in and listen to a podcast for a bit before I go to sleep, and I'll let the wife know so she doesn't disturb me. 5 minutes later I'll get a tap on the arm and she's showing me some daft video on Facebook. Never fails. 

She’s not been well due to stress from work so the doctor signed her off for 7 days. Her boss gets it and was fine with her taking time off.

3 days in her mum calls her and tells her to go back to work cause she looks fine.

Despite me telling her not to and her boss being surprised at her decision she goes back to work the next day. She got outrageously stressed, more so than before and was going about the house in a foul mood, screaming at the dog and slamming doors.

She'll always lay out the grand plans she has for her days off. Including things like cleaning, going to x shop for something or other.

These days almost entirely end up with her doing absolutely f**k all and watching shitey tv.

I'm fine with her doing f**k all, I don't get why each and every time she pretends it'll be different though.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

She’s not been well due to stress from work so the doctor signed her off for 7 days. Her boss gets it and was fine with her taking time off.

3 days in her mum calls her and tells her to go back to work cause she looks fine.

Despite me telling her not to and her boss being surprised at her decision she goes back to work the next day. She got outrageously stressed, more so than before and was going about the house in a foul mood, screaming at the dog and slamming doors.

That's never a good sign...

8 hours ago, deej said:

She'll always lay out the grand plans she has for her days off. Including things like cleaning, going to x shop for something or other.

These days almost entirely end up with her doing absolutely f**k all and watching shitey tv.

I'm fine with her doing f**k all, I don't get why each and every time she pretends it'll be different though.

Mine always looks at me with astonishment when I tell her I'm actively planning to do f**k all with a day, such as Saturday when all I plan on doing is waiting for the FA Cup final to start, and as you say, she'll start reeling off a list of things she 'needs' doing. 

We've been married almost seven years, I hope she doesn't think she needs to impress me with some Sunday to do list that rolls out like a Tampax advert full of activities or which extends further than sending me to get her ice cream or Fruit and Nut. f**k knows I'm happy for her to sit down as when she does so it's usually the only time I get peace to. 

On 26/07/2020 at 22:39, Mr Tourette said:

She phones me from the car:-

“Hi, I’m just on my way home, should be there in about 5 mins”

Me: “Ok, I’ll see you then”

Her: “I’ve just been speaking to so and so and we were talking about such and such etc etc”

Me: “Ok, I’ll see you in 4 mins when you get home, you can tell me all about it then”

Her: “And you’ll never guess what so and so was saying blah blah”

Me: “You’ll be home in 3 mins. Fucking shut up and drive!”

It all depends on the phone signal, if it's good I just tell her to wait, give myself time to prepare to not give a f**k.  If the phone signal is crap, she can fire on and I'll never know what it's about.  Not perfect but I'll take it. 

13 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

You need to deliver a serious telt here. Punt the mum in the shortcrust as well.

That shit is insanely stupid and unhealthy.

Mine always looks at me with astonishment when I tell her I'm actively planning to do f**k all with a day, such as Saturday when all I plan on doing is waiting for the FA Cup final to start, and as you say, she'll start reeling off a list of things she 'needs' doing. 

We've been married almost seven years, I hope she doesn't think she needs to impress me with some Sunday to do list that rolls out like a Tampax advert full of activities or which extends further than sending me to get her ice cream or Fruit and Nut. f**k knows I'm happy for her to sit down as when she does so it's usually the only time I get peace to. 
My other half is the same. She doesn't seem to get the fact that, sometimes, I like spending a day on the couch watching football. If I have a weekend of nothing to do then she'll insist we do something regardless of whether I actually want to or not.

8 years we've been together and she still hasn't grasped that I spend my working week doing stuff I don't want to do so I have no idea why she then feels the need to try and fill my weekends with more stuff I don't want to do.

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

My other half is the same. She doesn't seem to get the fact that, sometimes, I like spending a day on the couch watching football. If I have a weekend of nothing to do then she'll insist we do something regardless of whether I actually want to or not.

8 years we've been together and she still hasn't grasped that I spend my working week doing stuff I don't want to do so I have no idea why she then feels the need to try and fill my weekends with more stuff I don't want to do.

Mike Barson nailed these sentiments many years ago, I feel your pain.

1 hour ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Insists that ANY sort of fresh air / light breeze is a ‘cold draught’. Lies under a throw thing lobbying for the heating to get put on.

Wait till she gets into her 50s, it’ll be the other way round 

Misunderstands the word "budget". 
We're looking for a replacement car and i've told her the budget is £8k (because it's £10k). She's looking at cars around £11k-£12k.
At least she's not just concentrating on yellow ones or the like. A decent negotiater will get her pick down to 10k no bother anyways.

I think you might be confusing 'misunderstands' with 'ignores'.

Misunderstands the word "budget". 
We're looking for a replacement car and i've told her the budget is £8k (because it's £10k). She's looking at cars around £11k-£12k.