Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

I bet pretty regularly on UK football. I give myself £100 pot for the domestic season and never bet more than 10% of what is in the pot. If it runs out I don’t bet again that season - only happened once in the 5 years I’ve done this. Made a small profit in last 3 seasons ie £40-60. Pot currently £40 so not so sure profit incoming this time. Works for me and I just regard it as a bit of fun. Well aware of the ruinous affliction it can be for some though.
Lump it on Draw - No Bet against QoS from now until the end of the season. Printing money...

Guest bernardblack

On the subject of our other halves gambling....

Mrs BB had a coupon on that returned £900 and couple years back.

“Oh I’ll just go and look to see how it’s getting on....oh I’m being offered £850...I might just let that run...”

Naturally it came in

I try limit myself to £10 a week but I usually go over that with Sunday betting or late kick offs on the Saturday. It’s very hard to miss out on a coupon and not want to put another one on. 

My wife thought we were going to be late for an appointment yesterday morning, not because she had to stop and get coffee and breakfast on the way, it was because I "took too long to put my shoes on". Of course we were 15 minutes early in the end. 

SPOILER for all the Marvel movies in this post

I know I have gone on for a while about my missus talking during films etc. but this one really boiled my piss.

A few months ago. we decided to go through the marvel movies I'd seen a few and she'd seen one of two but fancied watching it all and the whole story arc.

The movies are all pretty long rare if any are less than 2 hours and the last few were all 2hours 30 at least.

The last one we watched was last night, Avengers : Endgame. this was the 22nd film in the series of films so far. if the films were on average about 2hrs 15ms we are talking about 50 hours or film watching.

SPOILER COMING UP FOR THIS FILM SERIES!

so after about 50 hours or film all building towards this film this last few minutes, they defeat the bad guy but at the cost of Iron Man dying. She decides it's time to talk about a fucking facebook messanger message she received. Yapping over the dying Tony Stark' slast words.

she went in a right huff when I told her to shut up.

Wether or not you like these daft films, after putting in the hours I was raging she decieded to just start chatting away at the films crescendo

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I know I have gone on for a while about my missus talking during films etc. but this one really boiled my piss.

A few months ago. we decided to go through the marvel movies I'd seen a few and she'd seen one of two but fancied watching it all and the whole story arc.

The movies are all pretty long rare if any are less than 2 hours and the last few were all 2hours 30 at least.

The last one we watched was last night, Avengers : Endgame. this was the 22nd film in the series of films so far. if the films were on average about 2hrs 15ms we are talking about 50 hours or film watching.

so after about 50 hours or film all building towards this film this last few minutes, they defeat the bad guy but at the cost of Iron Man dying. She decides it's time to talk about a fucking facebook messanger message she received. Yapping over the dying Tony Stark' slast words.

Wether or not you like these daft films, after putting in the hours I was raging she decieded to just start chatting away at the films crescendo

If I'd spent 50 hours watching superhero films I would have lost interest too tbf

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I could never follow the plot of one of those films never mind twenty two of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Country on the verge of lockdown, Govt advising against non-essential travel, so Mrs Roaster decides she's still going to fly down to London for the weekend to see offspring because it's his birthday. 

I genuinely hope they close the transport system and she gets fucking stuck there. 

Chance to watch birds of prey (Harley Quinn movie) or once upon a time in Hollywood she opts for Hollywood.
This will involve multiple stoppings to explain the plot in simple terms to her.
Boot and pie would be administered but I let her choose in anticipation of getting my Morocco mole later

Yesterday told me how stressed she was that the kitchen was a mess. (We have both been working and not got on top of it) so i told her to go and do other stuff and i would tidy it. 5 minutes later she came back in and started emptying the cupboards.
Just as i type this, i have just came out of sainsburys and she has phoned asking me to go back in and look for more stuff, despite being asked is chocolate all i am going for? And replying yes.

7 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Yesterday told me how stressed she was that the kitchen was a mess. (We have both been working and not got on top of it) so i told her to go and do other stuff and i would tidy it. 5 minutes later she came back in and started emptying the cupboards.
Just as i type this, i have just came out of sainsburys and she has phoned asking me to go back in and look for more stuff, despite being asked is chocolate all i am going for? And replying yes.

Women are useless at that sort of thing. I go into a supermarket armed with a list and guaranteed to get 3 texts adding other things on. Usually I've checked out and paid/on my way home by the time she sends them.

ETA: This is probably because she thinks I take as long to the shopping as she does.

Edited by Jacksgranda

To be fair to her, it’s pringles because when i have been to the shops, she has been on the phone to her mum, who will have inevitably asked what i am up to and she has said where i am and her mum always asks for stuff if we are going. Maybe shouldn’t grumble given the current situation, just moaning about making two trips.

Women are useless at that sort of thing. I go into a supermarket armed with a list and guaranteed to get 3 texts adding other things on. Usually I've checked out and paid/on my way home by the time she sends them.

So what you are telling me is, I shouldn’t hope for it to change as she gets older?