Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Recently changed jobs. The main reason for which was to make Mrs B happy. Its nore complicated than that, but thats reason #1 why it happened. New job is on considerably less money so before accepting it this was explained. We will be ok, but we will have to watch what we are doing, especially for the first few months.

And still the deliveries came.

Fast forward a couple of months, add on a few hundred to the never never Next account, and I am in the new job, and deep into my overdraft for the first time in years.

And still..... The deliveries come.

What is it going to fucking take ffs.

Sounds like a cry for help, mate. Her only intimate contact with her husband is via DM on Pie & Bovril......

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe tell her instead of us. 

Get her proper telt.

Oh and FWIW, if my other half 'suggested' I take a job earning less because in some bizarre situation in her head it'll suit her better, my response would simply be "no". 

Maybe tell her instead of us. 
Get her proper telt.
Oh and FWIW, if my other half 'suggested' I take a job earning less because in some bizarre situation in her head it'll suit her better, my response would simply be "no". 
Like I said, it was more complicated than that.

And lets not pretend this thread isnt full of big talk about getting wives telt. Il do what everyone else does and seethe in silence.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And lets not pretend this thread isnt full of big talk about getting wives telt. Il do what everyone else does and seethe in silence.

With all due respect, if my wife’s spending money we don’t have, I’ll tell her. It’s not really big talk, just having the backbone not to run into debt for no reason.

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

With all due respect, if my wife’s spending money we don’t have, I’ll tell her. It’s not really big talk, just having the backbone not to run into debt for no reason.

To be clear, we are talking mild annoyance levels, have a wee bitch about it on here stuff not "into debt" levels. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

To be clear, we are talking mild annoyance levels, have a wee bitch about it on here stuff not "into debt" levels. 

Gotcha, just you talking about delving deep into overdrafts would have been enough for me. Hope you work it out.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Recently changed jobs. The main reason for which was to make Mrs B happy. Its nore complicated than that, but thats reason #1 why it happened. New job is on considerably less money so before accepting it this was explained. We will be ok, but we will have to watch what we are doing, especially for the first few months.

Fast forward a couple of months, add on a few hundred to the never never Next account, and I am in the new job, and deep into my overdraft for the first time in years.

It's not what your spending, it's what you're saving that counts.

In a female world, anyway.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Please do not judge me by your standards. It's not big talk here. We discuss what we can and cannot afford. I got caught out a long time ago with an ex. I am not heading down that road again. 

Whilst I appreciate there would be other factors at your end, I do not buckle to my other half's every whim like a lot of men seem to. But that's up to them, I'm sure they have their reasons as I have mine. 

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fucking hell, I must have picked a serious day to post a wee rant

On a serious note, she may have a problem. An ex of mine was pretty similar. Got herself into so much debt she took out a secured loan on the house (forged my signature), and I only found out when she tried it again to pay off the first loan with a bigger second one. Luckily house had equity and I was able to get out without serious consequences and to be honest was a blessing in disguise.

Please do not judge me by your standards. It's not big talk here. We discuss what we can and cannot afford. I got caught out a long time ago with an ex. I am not heading down that road again. 
Whilst I appreciate there would be other factors at your end, I do not buckle to my other half's every whim like a lot of men seem to. But that's up to them, I'm sure they have their reasons as I have mine. 

The state of this.

You appreciate other factors and you have been down this road before ?

Big bad Bob dishing it out.

You have my sympathies. I'm sorry to hear that you're finding yourself a bit short.