Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Guest bernardblack

On the subject of cooking....

She cannot help herself when I’m 2mins away from plating up the meal to come in and stir whatever it is and then go upstairs for some reason and I’ll have to shout “tea is ready” etc to which she will not hear and my timings are ruined.

Getting angry just thinking about it tbh. She might be an evil genius

We’ve recently moved house and her OCD has decided that whenever she tidies up in the new kitchen, which is about 3 times a day, she has to switch the cooker off at the socket. This means the oven clock needs reset every time I want to use it. This was never done in the previous house, just the new one for some reason. 3 arguments in the past week about it and she just shrugs her shoulders when asked why she does it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Socketsafe-Lockable-Electric-Socket-Protector/dp/B00BOSWP8C

Makes us get up at 6 to get to an office at 8,where we know we'll be waiting at least 2 hours if we are even 15 mins after 8.

Swans about taking her time getting ready and walks slower than Kevin Kyle chasing a through ball to get the bus.

We've got here at 0830 and we're fucking like 124th in the queue. I'm utterly seething.

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Makes us get up at 6 to get to an office at 8,where we know we'll be waiting at least 2 hours if we are even 15 mins after 8.

Swans about taking her time getting ready and walks slower than Kevin Kyle chasing a through ball to get the bus.

We've got here at 0830 and we're fucking like 124th in the queue. I'm utterly seething.

Are you saying the general traffic is bad, or you have to queue to enter your office? 

Brides are meant to keep their groom waiting on their wedding day, not when we're trying to sort shit out for it.

Beats every single time I've ever had to hear my name called at the Job Centre though, thankfully years ago. That was depressing as f**k.

23 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Our setup at home is that she cleans and I cook, it’s works well as both despise doing the alternative. Also, burning toast is the limit of her capabilities in the kitchen.

We’ve recently moved house and her OCD has decided that whenever she tidies up in the new kitchen, which is about 3 times a day, she has to switch the cooker off at the socket. This means the oven clock needs reset every time I want to use it. This was never done in the previous house, just the new one for some reason. 3 arguments in the past week about it and she just shrugs her shoulders when asked why she does it.

Just mash all the buttons till the clock comes up with 12:00 like any normal person  does. 

this has happened a few times recently and appreciate i'm probably echoing stuff said already.  Its always annoying when you put a film on and she sits on her phone all the way through it then asks questions.

However i've had this recently....

Me -Ok are you ready to put this film on

her - yep

Me - Sure?  any messages you need to repsond to first?

Her -No - (but still on her phone)

Me -ok, i'll put it on (film starts)

then a couple of films we've watched recently that have had bit of a worded introduction on the screen giving you a background or setting the scene or whatever.

I read it, glance over and shes got her head in her phone.

Me -Did you see that? Bit giving some info on the film and characters, setting the scene?

Her - Oh no sorry, can you just skip back

Me - for fux sake....

sorry, happened twice in one week so i'm still fuming!

One of my mates has a 'pact' with his wife that mobile phones are turned off and put on the shelf when they put a film on...shit that its come to this!

She has decided that she doesn't like pizza, so if I want a pizza for tea she usually has a ready meal. 

She won't go in and buy one though. I have to do that. 

I also have to go in with the vaguest instructions available. 

Tonight's was "something with penne" 

As a loving and attentive husband, I remembered her express dislike of chicken arrabiata from when I bought that about a year ago, and remembered her saying she likes something with a creamy sauce, so I selected a chicken and bacon penne bake (out of the standard range, not the basics). 

Of course as soon as I get it home I should have known that she wanted something tomatoey. I mentioned the penbe bolognese bake, which caused offence because of something. Apparently I know she likes chicken in tomato sauce. 

The plan was agreed that she'd get the kids off to bed while I nipped to the shop again. Getting the kids to bed appears to have involved leaving them downstairs scrapping while she had a lie down. 

In response to these indignities I intend to leave the toilet seat up as a passive aggressive alternative to the Lester Nygaard approach. 

She has decided that she doesn't like pizza, so if I want a pizza for tea she usually has a ready meal. 
She won't go in and buy one though. I have to do that. 
I also have to go in with the vaguest instructions available. 
Tonight's was "something with penne" 

Still better than the response I get to asking what my missus wants for tea.

"Something tasty. "

"Oh sorry dear I was going to get you some cardboard with a side of wood shavings!"

7 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

No need for capitalisation of newel.
HTH
emoji207.pngemoji207.png

Nonsense. It was invented by former Blackburn, Aberdeen and Everton striker Mike Newell after playing in a friendly against Bury in 1997. He misspelled his name on the patent application after becoming distracted by team mate Ilian Kiriakov who had spilled a glass or red wine on his new white living room carpet whilst filling the patent application form.