Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On 27/10/2019 at 10:12, Dee Man said:

This could be in here or First World Problems...

I got in from work at 0630 this morning. We've not been in the pool since about March/April due to the water being fucking freezing so I set about cleaning up the pool and chlorinating it. I knew today was going to be the hottest day since winter ended at a balmy 35c so I made sure the solar pool cover was on which unsurprisingly heats up the pool from the sun. Got up after my sleep today and the pool cover's off. I ask her what time she took it off and she said 1pm but it was too cold so she was only in for 5 minutes. So the fucking cover has been off for the full time the sun has been at it's hottest as well as the fact is just burnt off all the chlorine I put in.

She got her obligatory Facebook shot though so that's the main thing. f**k sake. 

youre in my prayers

On 27/10/2019 at 10:12, Dee Man said:

This could be in here or First World Problems...

I got in from work at 0630 this morning. We've not been in the pool since about March/April due to the water being fucking freezing so I set about cleaning up the pool and chlorinating it. I knew today was going to be the hottest day since winter ended at a balmy 35c so I made sure the solar pool cover was on which unsurprisingly heats up the pool from the sun. Got up after my sleep today and the pool cover's off. I ask her what time she took it off and she said 1pm but it was too cold so she was only in for 5 minutes. So the fucking cover has been off for the full time the sun has been at it's hottest as well as the fact is just burnt off all the chlorine I put in.

She got her obligatory Facebook shot though so that's the main thing. f**k sake. 

Tell her it's a "take your wife to work day" and let your nature take it's course....

Waits until we are at the till in a shop, then sends me back for something that she forgot. So i have to squeeze past the queue, go and get said item, usually at the other end of the shop, then squeeze back, apologising as i go. Can feel the wifey at the tills, and the other customers eyes burning a hole in my soul as if its my fault.

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Waits until we are at the till in a shop, then sends me back for something that she forgot. So i have to squeeze past the queue, go and get said item, usually at the other end of the shop, then squeeze back, apologising as i go. Can feel the wifey at the tills, and the other customers eyes burning a hole in my soul as if its my fault.

Even worse.

At the till in a supermarket, almost served and goes to get something she's forgotten. Leaving me sweating pish, with no money to pay.

No chance, I'd be going to another shop after to pick up whatever it was. Either that or she can go back for it.

I sometimes question her sanity.

Her: "I've thrown down a couple of towels* for you and the wee one" (we're going for a shower)

* Clean ones

Me: "Ok"

About 10 minutes later, we haven't went yet and she comes in to the living room.

Her: in an irritable tone "Can you use that white towel you used yesterday rather than use one of the clean ones since you've only used it once"

Me: "You were the one who threw two clean ones down!!"

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I sometimes question her sanity.

Her: "I've thrown down a couple of towels* for you and the wee one" (we're going for a shower)

* Clean ones

Me: "Ok"

About 10 minutes later, we haven't went yet and she comes in to the living room.

Her: in an irritable tone "Can you use that white towel you used yesterday rather than use one of the clean ones since you've only used it once"

Me: "You were the one who threw two clean ones down!!"

That should be said internally. "O.K.", is the correct response.

Guest bernardblack

After a day of visiting family etc and on the two hour drive home...

“What we doing for tea?”

Me: “I don’t want to stop on the way home so we can just get a takeaway”

“But I want to be healthy...let’s stop quickly on the way home and go to a supermarket”

(I know that supermarket trip will not be quick)

“Nah I don’t want to stop, let’s just get something delivered in”

“Well I don’t want to drop you off and go back out that’s not fair”

“Fine let’s go to Tesco”

“Nah I can be bothered”

12/10 rage right now

Phones me asking if I can find her disclosure number for some work document. Advise her I'm downstairs in the middle of painting the hall doors....

" sorry, but it's really important I get it, it'll be in the filing in our bedroom"

"OK, give me a minute to clean my hands and I'll go look, what am I looking for?"

" it'll be in a file with all my work stuff"

"any idea what file, is it in a ring binder, a folder or a box?"

" for God's sake it's in the filing, you know, it'll have my works name on it"

6 box files later I find a bundle of folders with her work stuff.

"OK what am I looking for here, there's a lot of stuff?"

(getting irate) " how can u not find it, its got disclosure Scotland written on it!!!"

4 folders rammed with work stuff and nothing, finally come to a big bundle of loose papers, hey presto right in the middle of this pile of seemingly shite memos and training updates is this precious fucking certificate.

" OK found it you ready? "

" Oh its OK, just got it off the system..."

[emoji2962][emoji2962][emoji2962]

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Saying help without giving any clarity or instruction on what she needs help with.

I.e can’t find kitchen roll. Will just shout help and stare blankly at the worktop

Get this quite often. The other day it was a pair of boots. She was adamant they had been stolen/moved by me as they were "not in the shoe cupboard" so I said I'd find them. I went to shoe cupboard. This made her angry as she had looked in there and felt I was taking the piss. I opened the shoe cupboard and lifted out the boots that were definitely not in there. 

• 2 weeks later...