Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

The usual conversation on Thursday about me having to be in work sharp on Friday for an important meeting all morning and I’ll be incommunicado.

No problem, she says I’ll take the bairn to school.

In the meeting ten minutes and the phone buzzes:

”I’m in the shop. Do we need beetroot? Quick as I’m heading to the till”

”hello did you get the message, do we need beetroot?!!!!!!”

”HELLO? BETTROOT?”

f**k off and just buy beetroot you daft bint.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The usual conversation on Thursday about me having to be in work sharp on Friday for an important meeting all morning and I’ll be incommunicado.

No problem, she says I’ll take the bairn to school.

In the meeting ten minutes and the phone buzzes:

”I’m in the shop. Do we need beetroot? Quick as I’m heading to the till”

”hello did you get the message, do we need beetroot?!!!!!!”

”HELLO? BETTROOT?”

f**k off and just buy beetroot you daft bint.

No-one has ever needed beetroot.

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This could be in here or First World Problems...

I got in from work at 0630 this morning. We've not been in the pool since about March/April due to the water being fucking freezing so I set about cleaning up the pool and chlorinating it. I knew today was going to be the hottest day since winter ended at a balmy 35c so I made sure the solar pool cover was on which unsurprisingly heats up the pool from the sun. Got up after my sleep today and the pool cover's off. I ask her what time she took it off and she said 1pm but it was too cold so she was only in for 5 minutes. So the fucking cover has been off for the full time the sun has been at it's hottest as well as the fact is just burnt off all the chlorine I put in.

She got her obligatory Facebook shot though so that's the main thing. f**k sake. 

Next time the cover is on ensure she is under it 

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No-one has ever needed beetroot.

My missus' friend made beetroot cake a few months ago and it was phenomenal. It was like carrot cake, only beetroot. 

Tbh though, I think the actual vegetable content in these type of cakes is minimal and it's just a gimmick. If a carrot cake actually tasted like carrot I'd be launching it in the bin.

Has been out all morning, so I’m sitting watching the football In the living room. Comes in on the phone and expects me to turn the sound off so she can chat to whoever is on the phone so loudly I can hear every word. Has just stormed off into the bedroom presumably annoyed at me because I refused to mute what I was watching despite being halfway through it. I sense a passive aggressive comment coming and I’m looking forward to her reasoning why I should turn the commentary off.

Has been out all morning, so I’m sitting watching the football In the living room. Comes in on the phone and expects me to turn the sound off so she can chat to whoever is on the phone so loudly I can hear every word. Has just stormed off into the bedroom presumably annoyed at me because I refused to mute what I was watching despite being halfway through it. I sense a passive aggressive comment coming and I’m looking forward to her reasoning why I should turn the commentary off.

We’ve only the one television in our flat, last Sunday I told her I was going to watch the football, before telling her I’d watch it on the laptop so she can still have the television.

She declined the offer saying I could have the television.

She spent the entire match commenting on the phone to her pal about how I hog the television and relegated her to watching eastenders on the laptop.

A boot in the pie was considered briefly.

We’ve only the one television in our flat, last Sunday I told her I was going to watch the football, before telling her I’d watch it on the laptop so she can still have the television.

She declined the offer saying I could have the television.

She spent the entire match commenting on the phone to her pal about how I hog the television and relegated her to watching eastenders on the laptop.

A boot in the pie was considered briefly.

Ohh an update to this, she’s now sat down in the living room, turned the volume down and is chatting on the phone, on loudspeaker! [emoji23][emoji23]

But I’ll get the usual, “you’re always watching the football”.

Her phone habits often leave me seething.

The other night I made us a nice scran,told her it was about a minite away. She decided to go and phone her mum. I served up our food and proceeded to eat mine while she was on the phone. When she got off the phone she then kicked over a pint of water. I carried on eating, whilst she was mopping it up loudly moaning that "I'LL GET MA DINNER YET"

This is outwith her normal performance of spending 45 minites on the phone whilst I sit for ages with what we are watching paused, then eventually lose interest and watch football on my phone or something.

Utterly incapable of just saying to her maw, right my dinners out il speak to you later.

Are you all married to stroppy teenagers or something?

Send her to her room without phone privileges. If that doesn't fix it, tell her she won't get using the car at the weekend.

Are you all married to stroppy teenagers or something?
Send her to her room without phone privileges. If that doesn't fix it, tell her she won't get using the car at the weekend.

My missus acts like a 15 year old at the best of times.

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

My missus' friend made beetroot cake a few months ago and it was phenomenal. It was like carrot cake, only beetroot. 

Tbh though, I think the actual vegetable content in these type of cakes is minimal and it's just a gimmick. If a carrot cake actually tasted like carrot I'd be launching it in the bin.

The original Red Velvet cake from the Waldorf Astoria is made with beetroot, and is fucking phenomenal.

5 hours ago, Widge said:

Do you live in a bedsit?