Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

37 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
39 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

This. 100% this.

I quite like cooking so once I’ve made something I’ll go “that’s ready, come help yourself”

Could be 10mins faffing about finding the right spoon or whatever to dish it out.

I like cooking too and am decent at it. So it leaves me fucking seething when she pays it zero respect by doing the same sorts of dicking around as mentioned by yourselves.

And then proceeds to bitch and whine that she never gets time or peace to have a hot meal. 

53 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Candles. Everywhere I look, candles.

I fucking despise the things.

And it takes so fucking long to light them all. Pause whatever film we've finally agreed on that actually neither of us really wanted to watch for ten fucking minutes to fanny about lighting candles. Seething doesn't cover it. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

This. 100% this.

I quite like cooking so once I’ve made something I’ll go “that’s ready, come help yourself”

Could be 10mins faffing about finding the right spoon or whatever to dish it out.

I like cooking too and am decent at it. So it leaves me fucking seething when she pays it zero respect by doing the same sorts of dicking around as mentioned by yourselves.

This. 

Whenever I shout that the foods ready it’s getting plated up. She then shouts back “let me know when it’s actually on the table please” so I then get stuff onto the table, sit down myself and then shout through it’s ready.  Well I used to. I now just start eating and she comes through 10 minutes later utterly seething. Which is nice.

On 06/04/2019 at 09:23, throbber said:

My girlfriend always describes pretty tame and insignificant events as “terrifying”. Like when someone from cancer research knocks on our door at 4 o clock on a Sunday afternoon or if she sees a number 11 bus on a different route than it should be on. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find it quite endearing tbf.

When did your role change from carer to lover?

This. 
Whenever I shout that the foods ready it’s getting plated up. She then shouts back “let me know when it’s actually on the table please” so I then get stuff onto the table, sit down myself and then shout through it’s ready.  Well I used to. I now just start eating and she comes through 10 minutes later utterly seething. Which is nice.

My boyfriend does the same. He gets me to tell him when it’s ready and then when I’ve taken it through (which is rarely more than a minute or so difference) and then he starts switching off his tablet/getting himself a different drink/ general fannying about. Does my head in.

I find it quite interesting that my boyfriend does a lot of the things that you guys find your wives/girlfriends do.

Either we have some kind of odd gender-reversal thing going or all partners generally do the same annoying shit, regardless of gender.

Guest Moomintroll
I find it quite interesting that my boyfriend does a lot of the things that you guys find your wives/girlfriends do.

Either we have some kind of odd gender-reversal thing going or all partners generally do the same annoying shit, regardless of gender.
They do, partners are annoying. I have zero idea how or why my wife puts up with me.

It’s just people in general are fucking annoying and when you spend time with another person over an extended period of time they piss you off. I have been meaning to start an “infuriating things you do” thread for months now but I have never got round to it!

They do, partners are annoying. I have zero idea how or why my wife puts up with me.

I guess it’s the same reason everyone else on the thread does, they love you really, despite the annoying shit that it turns out we all do!

28 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have been meaning to start an “infuriating things you do” thread for months now but I have never got round to it!

^^^ "Infuriating things you do" thread for this pish

47 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Mrs Mathematics gets her knickers in a twist about news stories concerning transgenders/transsexuals/transvestites every day, without fail.

Maybe she's trying to tell you something...

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Mrs Mathematics gets her knickers in a twist about news stories concerning transgenders/transsexuals/transvestites every day, without fail.

In what way in particular?

Basically curious if you're about to out your missus as a massive bigoted roaster  :lol:

I can't mind if it's been mentioned but why the f**k do burds wear shoes they can't walk in?
If I was to cripple myself with my shoe choices I would seriously review them. Not burds though, no. They want to be unable to walk 300 yards or to do so at the pace of a fucking snail cos we previously walked 200 yards an hour ago.

I get a red neck when asking a taxi to take us less than a kilometer.