Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

I'll hold my hand up as someone who almost never replaces a finished toilet roll. My excuse is that if there's a scabby wee half-sheet still stuck on to it, it's not "finished".

17 minutes ago, nsr said:

I'll hold my hand up as someone who almost never replaces a finished toilet roll. My excuse is that if there's a scabby wee half-sheet still stuck on to it, it's not "finished".

Why anyone would do this and risk themselves going for a shite whilst forgetting that there’s only a scabby half-sheet is left is beyond me.

6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Latest thing is spending about 10x as long mumping about whatever's bugging her than it would take to deal with whatever it is.

That’s been happening with women for eternity. Kudos for only finding that out lately.

I actually don’t mind blinds shut and lights on if there is daylight outside but what I can’t stand is a combination of natural light coming into the room and a light being on at same time. It feels so unnatural.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I actually don’t mind blinds shut and lights on if there is daylight outside but what I can’t stand is a combination of natural light coming into the room and a light being on at same time. It feels so unnatural.

You're unnatural.

There appears to be nobody in our house capable of changing the toilet roll, other than myself. At least there is always another roll sitting for me to put on. There is little danger of us running out of toilet roll, either, as there are three packs of the stuff in reserve, not counting what is actually in the bathroom.
I got so fed up of this pish in our house that I went to Morrisons, bout 3 x packs of 27 rolls and stacked all 81 neatly on the toilet window sill, announcing at dinner that maybe I could get a break for a while. Needless to say, I was told I was being childish and to get them to f**k.
I did.
I remain the only person in our house who is capable of replacing the toilet roll.

4 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

I got so fed up of this pish in our house that I went to Morrisons, bout 3 x packs of 27 rolls and stacked all 81 neatly on the toilet window sill, announcing at dinner that maybe I could get a break for a while. Needless to say, I was told I was being childish and to get them to f**k.
I did.
I remain the only person in our house who is capable of replacing the toilet roll.

That's only half the problem.  At what age do you learn the lesson, "Don't have a shite unless you've checked for bog roll"?  My 16 hadn't learned that lesson last night.

Guest bernardblack

Me when I get in from a night out: quietly open door, eat food downstairs, crawl into bed

Her: front door slammed, every light on and speaking pish.

Seething

Bairn on a sleepover last night. Excellent news. After probably what was the greatest ever singular performance in human kind at 5s last night, couple of beers and JDs watching the deedly music in BBC4 safe in the knowledge that there’s no bairn trampling in at 7am.

Missus snoring like a tranquilised rhino so been awake since 6. 

9 hours ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

I did.

Must be some size of window to have a sill that big! 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

After probably what was the greatest ever singular performance in human kind at 5s l

You got put in goals after 5 minutes and the rest refused to take a turn, is my guess.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Thinks it's acceptable to leave the bog roll holder with an empty roll if she's used the last of it, and not replace it. It takes seconds.
Her rationale is that it's easier to do if you're the next person there. Which is me. She's mugging me off here.

I would try the same tactic but I'm just not wanting to be so lazy.
Use the same argument on seat up and seat down.. see how quickly the excuse changes

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's only half the problem.  At what age do you learn the lesson, "Don't have a shite unless you've checked for bog roll"?  My 16 hadn't learned that lesson last night.

If there's 16 in the house it's little wonder you can out...

Edited by Jacksgranda

10 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

If there's 16 in the house it's little wonder you can out...

Pfft.  16 yo as you weel ken ;)

Did you watch today's egg-chasing JG?  I'm taking the credit for our comeback based on my 18 (yo, in case you quibble) going for a shite and missing McInally's lung-bursting try.

The game turned when his bowels turned.

Edited by The_Kincardine