Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Does anyone elses always go right to 'the job's fucked' mode?

She does this all the time. The shower stopped working last week and before I had a chance to get someone round to look at it she's pricing up new ones.

The latest is because we appear to have birds in our loft. I said a few weeks back I heard something in the loft but because she never heard it it was dismissed and I was wrong of course. She was woken up this morning by the noise and it's now my responsibility to deal with it and "the wens stuff is probably all wrecked now (all her stuff is bagged) and god knows what damage they've done to the pipes".

I'm just a penguin from Madagascar these days - smile and wave.

She does this all the time. The shower stopped working last week and before I had a chance to get someone round to look at it she's pricing up new ones.

The latest is because we appear to have birds in our loft. I said a few weeks back I heard something in the loft but because she never heard it it was dismissed and I was wrong of course. She was woken up this morning by the noise and it's now my responsibility to deal with it and "the wens stuff is probably all wrecked now (all her stuff is bagged) and god knows what damage they've done to the pipes".

Yup! Mines only seems to have 2 outlooks on life, everything's going great or everything's absolutely fucked. If there's a curveball thrown in our plans she never takes a minute to consider the problem and think of a solution, just initial response is " well that's just fucked everything right up, whatever our whole plans were they are now not going to happen due to 1 small thing in that plan changing".

16 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yup! Mines only seems to have 2 outlooks on life, everything's going great or everything's absolutely fucked. If there's a curveball thrown in our plans she never takes a minute to consider the problem and think of a solution, just initial response is " well that's just fucked everything right up, whatever our whole plans were they are now not going to happen due to 1 small thing in that plan changing".

It's one more outlook the I expected, given she's lumbered with you.

On 19/02/2019 at 21:59, mizfit said:

Started talking about going abroad this year. Told her immediately Turkey & Dubai are both big no’s for me.

Within 10 minutes she’s decided that because her friend likes turkey we’re going.

Genuinely, why do you stay in this relationship?

All you do is vent anger about your partner (not only in this thread) and how she basically controls everything you get to do in life. f**k that.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

All you do is vent anger about your partner (not only in this thread) and how she basically controls everything you get to do in life. f**k that.

To be fair to him, you would probably think most folk's partners on here are intolerable cows but that's because we're only hearing one side of the story and no-one is posting about the good stuff their partner might do which might far outweigh the negatives. That would be the shitiest thread in P&B history - Really Nice Things Your Partner Does. I wouldn't be posting much in that tbh. 

To be fair to him, you would probably think most folk's partners on here are intolerable cows but that's because we're only hearing one side of the story and no-one is posting about the good stuff their partner might do which might far outweigh the negatives. That would be the shitiest thread in P&B history - Really Nice Things Your Partner Does. I wouldn't be posting much in that tbh. 

3 hours ago, Dele said:

Maybe she soothes his itchy piles with ice cubes and her tongue. Bet you didn't even think of that. 

Edited by welshbairn

Reading through this thread I reckon I'm lucky compared to most but my partners attempts to arrange dishes to dry gives me the rage. If it's not glasses/mugs stood upright its stuff like two similarly sized tupperware tubs stacked one inside the other to completely stop air flow to the inside of one and all of the other. 

Looking forward to finally getting the kitchen done up so we can get a dish washer.

Edited by Rizzo

2 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Reading through this thread I reckon I'm lucky compared to most but my partners attempts to arrange dishes to dry gives me the rage. If it's not glasses/mugs stood upright its stuff like two similarly sized tupperware tubs stacked one inside the other to completely stop air flow to the inside of one and all of the other. 

Looking forward to finally getting the kitchen done up so we can get a dish washer.

That won't be the end of your problems. I'm already looking forward to your seething posts about how she loads the dishwasher. 

Has spent the last year going on about wanting to move house earlier than we were planning to so are going to be pretty stretched financially for the move.

The house is now going on the market and I'm about to put an offer in on a house at the upper end of our budget as she loves it and all she'll now talk about is amazing deals on holidays she sees on Facebook! "Oh look this is a great deal, only 3 and a half grand for 2 weeks."

Aye that would be lovely, if only every spare penny we had wasn't going into moving bloody house!!

Not really related to the thread title but I’m planning on moving also house going on market ASAP but what’s the situation with putting a bid in for a house when my house is only still on the market?

11 hours ago, Dee Man said:

That won't be the end of your problems. I'm already looking forward to your seething posts about how she loads the dishwasher. 

How hard is to go start and the back and go forwards, btw?! Not very, it's clearly how everything in life should be done.

Except wiping your arse.

10 hours ago, T-zero said:

Not really related to the thread title but I’m planning on moving also house going on market ASAP but what’s the situation with putting a bid in for a house when my house is only still on the market?

You can do what you like there are no rules about having to sell first but if the offer is accepted and the entry date is before you sell your place you’ll be landed with a bridging loan which is effectively two mortgages more or less. 

10 hours ago, T-zero said:

Your solicitor should advise you that any offer you put to the seller should be conditional upon you selling your own house.  Possibly subject to you getting a mortgage as well ,  if you're going to need a mortgage in addition to the net proceeds from the sale of your own house.

Obviously these conditions might put the sellers off , especially if they've got other possible buyers showing an interest who might be able to put in an offer without these sort of strings attached , or for instance , are further advanced with the sale of their own house......even if they're not offering as much as you.

Best to be upfront with the sellers about your position, in my opinion.   If you agree on a price with them , but don't tell them that you need to sell your own house , and the position you're at with the sale (eg house just gone on the market but no real interest yet) they'll most likely be well pissed off with you when they find out that your offer is actually conditional upon you selling your own house.