Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

I'm on nightshift so on my nights off I don't go through to bed until about 3 or 4 in the morning. 

I usually walk in and she's obviously sound asleep but the tv is usually on as she's nodded off while watching it. 

The other night was the usual so I turned telly off and jumped into bed but I've obviously disturbed her slightly as I got in - probably because she's lying starfished taking up an entire king bed to herself. Anyhow I have a swatch at my phone on the dimmest backlight setting and she goes, "Can you turn that off, it's annoying me".

U wot m8?

Started talking about going abroad this year. Told her immediately Turkey & Dubai are both big no’s for me.

Within 10 minutes she’s decided that because her friend likes turkey we’re going.
Think I posted on the travel forum last year, I was dead against turkey and the Mrs fancied it. One of my mates went to Belek the year before and recommended it. We stayed in the same hotel he did and I would absolutely 100% go back.

In my view anyone not doing shift work, and getting up later than 06.30 is a total waster. 

As for these multiple alarms, show some backbone, ffs. I used to work with a lad who was constantly being pulled in front of HR for being at minus 20+ hours on his flexitime. He was constantly coming rushing in at 09.30, muttering about "buses" being the issue, when everyone was supposed to start at 08.30. Then, rather that stay a bit later to make up for it, he'd be out the door sharp.

He always said that he "really tried" to get up when his alarm went off. :lol:

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Fucking hell.

Seen it all now.

Said without a hint of irony too. Astonishing.

33 minutes ago, milton75 said:

In my view anyone not doing shift work, and getting up later than 06.30 is a total waster. 

As for these multiple alarms, show some backbone, ffs. I used to work with a lad who was constantly being pulled in front of HR for being at minus 20+ hours on his flexitime. He was constantly coming rushing in at 09.30, muttering about "buses" being the issue, when everyone was supposed to start at 08.30. Then, rather that stay a bit later to make up for it, he'd be out the door sharp.

He always said that he "really tried" to get up when his alarm went off. :lol:

What do you do at half 6 in the morning?

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What do you do at half 6 in the morning?

At half 6 I'm finishing my breakfast and listening to the radio. I get up at 5.50 though.

I like to get in to the office early (if I'm in Glasgow I get in about 7.15). This mean I can f-ck off early and take what amounts to nearly a half-day every Friday.

I also like to start with some hot yoga, flex in the mirror, and post linkedin missives about dominating the day. Not really, but I do like an early start. 

Just now, milton75 said:

At half 6 I'm finishing my breakfast and listening to the radio. I get up at 5.50 though.

I like to get in to the office early (if I'm in Glasgow I get in about 7.15). This mean I can f-ck off early and take what amounts to nearly a half-day every Friday.

I also like to start with some hot yoga, flex in the mirror, and post linkedin missives about dominating the day. Not really, but I do like an early start. 

What time do you go to bed?

2 minutes ago, jamieson87 said:

What time do you go to bed?

About 10ish. 10.30 at the latest. 

I used to go to bad a lot later, but I realised that I was just watching really shit TV. If I'm in bed by 10.15 I can read till 11 and still get as much sleep as I need.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Sounds horrible tbh.

Years ago I would have agreed with you, but it's like anything - once in a habit you're fine. I'm kidding about people being feckless wasters, but again it's all about habit. If someone's stuck in the habit of hitting snooze 20 times they'll continue doing so. But it's really not good for your sleep or your mood in the morning.

I can see a bit where Milton is coming from. I start work anytime between 8 and 8:30. Some days I'm up at 5am, just because I'm awake but on the days my alarm gets me up, it's 1 alarm at 6:45, I get up, come downstairs and have coffee and cereal, catch up on p&b while listening to talk sport . 7:20 I'm in the shower and then out the door for 7:50ish.

At the weekend I'm up at 7:45 latest, just because I wake up, I'm one of these folk that once I'm awake..... I won't get back to sleep. I've actually seen me up at 4:30am on a Sunday morning.

In an ideal world we'd get up naturally, but having to go to shitty work messes that up.

I can attest to the snooze button stuff. This week I've been really tired all the time to the point of hitting snooze twice, and this morning even 3 times. Daft stuff. I've struggled a lot with it previously but had gotten it down to just once with a view to getting rid of it totally. I've done it before so hopefully will be able to do so again.

Having your alarm (in my case, and most folk's cases, my phone) across the room, meaning you have to get up and out of bed to turn it off, is a good tactic.

Most weeks I'm up at 2.30am to start at 3 so when it goes off you're up and at it, no chance of a snooze or lazing about and those are the days where I probably feel the most awake all day. Have a 9am start with a lazy morning and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open come 2 or 3 in the afternoon!

10 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I can see a bit where Milton is coming from. I start work anytime between 8 and 8:30. Some days I'm up at 5am, just because I'm awake but on the days my alarm gets me up, it's 1 alarm at 6:45, I get up, come downstairs and have coffee and cereal, catch up on p&b while listening to talk sport . 7:20 I'm in the shower and then out the door for 7:50ish.

At the weekend I'm up at 7:45 latest, just because I wake up, I'm one of these folk that once I'm awake..... I won't get back to sleep. I've actually seen me up at 4:30am on a Sunday morning.

I think I'm one of those people who could sleep all day if allowed to, that's why I'm strict with myself and the alarm. On the occasions I do have a lie in, if I don't have anything to do, I go for it to a silly extent. Eventually the missus will drag me out of bed because it's 11 o clock.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This sort of thing was what got me hopping up at first alarm. I've also heard it's not good psychologically to keep lurking under the covers.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In an ideal world we'd get up naturally, but having to go to shitty work messes that up.

I can attest to the snooze button stuff. This week I've been really tired all the time to the point of hitting snooze twice, and this morning even 3 times. Daft stuff. I've struggled a lot with it previously but had gotten it down to just once with a view to getting rid of it totally. I've done it before so hopefully will be able to do so again.

Having your alarm (in my case, and most folk's cases, my phone) across the room, meaning you have to get up and out of bed to turn it off, is a good tactic.

Wise words - this was exactly what I started doing.

PARKLIFE!

2 hours ago, milton75 said:

Years ago I would have agreed with you, but it's like anything - once in a habit you're fine. I'm kidding about people being feckless wasters, but again it's all about habit. If someone's stuck in the habit of hitting snooze 20 times they'll continue doing so. But it's really not good for your sleep or your mood in the morning.

I'm not a snoozer myself, I generally wake up about 7am on any given day and get up in a reasonable time. Flexi lends itself to the odd long lie though.

4 hours ago, milton75 said:

Spot on!

My alarm goes at 6 and by 7 I've walked the dog, had breakfast and made lunch for the day.  Might start getting up earlier so I can incorporate gym pre-work into that.  As you say, its all about habit.