Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

In 70 years the guys never seen a doctor? He never went to school? Of course he's used state services.

I appreciate it's difficult to live off grid but if you make that choice then you deal with consequences of it. It's quite clearly not "impossible" for the guy to live given he's reached 70 years old, he can live, he just can't go onto certain secure sites because he chose to be a complete unknown to any registered system. I'm afraid that's a consequence of his choice.

Where does this guy live?

He can't live in a house.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The Aussie's take their climate change denial really seriously, refusing even to use solar power to dry their clothes.

I have a couple of items of clothing that are not quite the colour they once were thanks to being left in the direct sunlight. Lesson learned. 

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Where does this guy live?

He can't live in a house.

Maybe he owns his own house and pays his council tax with cash? It's still allowed. Who knows? I just think it's shame that an old man can't just drill a hole and get paid for it without the whole state bureaucracy and banking system getting involved.

5 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Nope.

She just believes that if we put the clothes outside a bird will shit on them.

If she's away for a few days in the summer I tend to ignore her bollocks and stick the laundry outside.

I prefer my clothes dried by the wind and sun rather than a radiator

I've got a full load on the line just now.

Cracking day for it, breezy. 

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You can't have your cake and eat it.  Presumably this guy still uses the services that taxes and NI contributions pay for, so I'm afraid I have very little sympathy if he struggles to get work or can't claim benefits because he made a conscious choice to live off grid (or didn't bother sorting himself out).

Agreed. He’s a tax cheat - f**k him.

It is now literally (and I mean that, not literally being used incorrectly) impossible to live without using public services that taxes pay for. He’s a freeloader.

Texted her after football to see if the boys were ok. She texted me back pretty much straight away. So i asked if we had any chocolate or that in the house, No reply, no problem i just came straight home instead of going to the shops. Get in the front door and the 1st thing she says is, oh did you not bring any chocolate or that in? No, because you never said you wanted stuff brought in. Queue me trundling back out to the shop i could have went to in the first place for the afore mentioned juice n goodies

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Texted her after football to see if the boys were ok. She texted me back pretty much straight away. So i asked if we had any chocolate or that in the house, No reply, no problem i just came straight home instead of going to the shops. Get in the front door and the 1st thing she says is, oh did you not bring any chocolate or that in? No, because you never said you wanted stuff brought in. Queue me trundling back out to the shop i could have went to in the first place for the afore mentioned juice n goodies

Got a txt off mine today at 3pm “you still working or fucking hiding again” she had 4 grandkids and another on route, of course I was hiding 

Just now, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:
My wife "accidentally" elbowed me full in the eye in bed last night.
The jury is still out as to whether it's going to bruise. 

We can only hope that it does, and she gets some small retribution from all these years of post Celtic game shiners.

I blame Valencia tbh.

Her friend said she'd collect her and take her to work so they can get a quick catch-up.
Her friend is running late and when she arrived I was in the kitchen and could see the car pull up the drive way, I shouted through that she was there and has someone in the back seat of the car.
Wife shouts back "who?"
I replied I didn't know and that it was someone, wife asks if I knew who it was...
Seriously, do you think I'd shout someone rather than the name if I knew who it was after you had asked.

We can add that to last night, 4 year old decided to be sick on one of the few places we have carpet, so I launch him at the bathroom so if he is sick he might hit the toilet or at least the tiles.
She decides, after 10 seconds of surveying the scene, he is all done and can go back to bed. Yup not even two steps out the bathroom and the carpet got it again.

Flying back from Las Vegas last week.  Overnight flight so needing to sleep on the plane to try and avoid crazy jet lag.

Plane left at 5pm (Vegas time - 1am UK) and I managed to drift off to sleep after a couple of hours. Must have been asleep for about 20 minutes when I'm woken up by my wife to tell me that she can't sleep.

What on Earth she was expecting me to do to assist her here I've no idea. Of course then neither of us get anymore sleep on this flight and we're both still struggling today.  Wouldn't you know it I'm the one back at work today while she has another day off! 

Flying back from Las Vegas last week.  Overnight flight so needing to sleep on the plane to try and avoid crazy jet lag.
Plane left at 5pm (Vegas time - 1am UK) and I managed to drift off to sleep after a couple of hours. Must have been asleep for about 20 minutes when I'm woken up by my wife to tell me that she can't sleep.
What on Earth she was expecting me to do to assist her here I've no idea. Of course then neither of us get anymore sleep on this flight and we're both still struggling today.  Wouldn't you know it I'm the one back at work today while she has another day off! 
When I eventually kill, it will be related to unneccesary interruption of sleep.

A fucking brutal thing to do. Scum.