Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

My other half often has to send folk out to drill sample boreholes as part of her job. There's some old boy that often does drilling for them who has always apparently been paid cash in hand by his boss. He has never had a bank account and never paid any tax. The only reason she knows this is because they had some job that was on airport or MOD ground or something and they needed to get clearance for anyone working on it. When she tried to get this contractor to do it, this old guy couldn't be involved as he had no means at all to prove who he was. No NI number, no driver license, nothing. He's totally off the system.
Which probably explains why he's still drilling holes in fields in his 70s, as I can't see a pension waiting.

Hope she finds a way of still finding him work and paying him.

The wife has becomeba recycling Hitler. If she finds a plastic container in the wrong bin there's a rant.

Mine’s the opposite. Everything goes in the recycling. Used kitchen roll, used dental floss, balled up bits of cellotape.
This is on the premise that they could save that polystyrene and reuse it in another box.

I just fire everything straight into the normal trash.

15 hours ago, A96 said:

Need more details before burning the witch

Is there anything above the decking where birds habitually perch themselves on ?

Nope.

She just believes that if we put the clothes outside a bird will shit on them.

If she's away for a few days in the summer I tend to ignore her bollocks and stick the laundry outside.

I prefer my clothes dried by the wind and sun rather than a radiator

19 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Nope.

If she's away for a few days in the summer I tend to ignore her bollocks and stick the laundry outside.

Ask her how often birds shit on her when she's outside.

44 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Nope.

Have you got washing lines or a whirly gig? I remembered a guy on Dragon's Den a few years back pitching a whirly gig protector, so I took the liberty of looking it up for you. 

https://www.theclotheslinestore.com.au/clothesline-cover-rotary-clothesline/

Screenshot_20190214-172953_Chrome.jpg

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Really? 

Yes. It's a shame the world is getting so it's near impossible to live off the grid and outside the system. When they abolish cash he'll be reduced to barter. Presumably he can't claim benefits either so it's not like he's taking the pish.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Blue bin stuff all ends up in third world landfills or in the sea.

Tbh I've started cutting down on the process element of recycling by waiting until cover of darkness to sneak into my neighbours' garden to feed my cotton buds directly to their koi carp.  I'm at least confident that it's reducing my fuel footprint.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yes. It's a shame the world is getting so it's near impossible to live off the grid and outside the system. When they abolish cash he'll be reduced to barter. Presumably he can't claim benefits either so it's not like he's taking the pish.

You can't have your cake and eat it.  Presumably this guy still uses the services that taxes and NI contributions pay for, so I'm afraid I have very little sympathy if he struggles to get work or can't claim benefits because he made a conscious choice to live off grid (or didn't bother sorting himself out).

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

You can't have your cake and eat it.  Presumably this guy still uses the services that taxes and NI contributions pay for, so I'm afraid I have very little sympathy if he struggles to get work or can't claim benefits because he made a conscious choice to live off grid (or didn't bother sorting himself out).

It shouldn't be impossible to survive without a bank account and registering with the organs of the state. We don't know if he uses any state services. The world is getting duller and more oppressive by the day, with something approaching 24/7 virtual surveillance. It will soon be impossible to get a bank account without an online presence, and an obligation to give access to your social media to state functionaries, as you already have to do if questioned by border officials, American ones anyway. I can fully understand people wanting nothing to do with it.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It shouldn't be impossible to survive without a bank account and registering with the organs of the state. We don't know if he uses any state services. The world is getting duller and more oppressive by the day, with something approaching 24/7 virtual surveillance. It will soon be impossible to get a bank account without an online presence, and an obligation to give access to your social media to state functionaries, as you already have to do if questioned by border officials, American ones anyway. I can fully understand people wanting nothing to do with it.

In 70 years the guys never seen a doctor? He never went to school? Of course he's used state services.

I appreciate it's difficult to live off grid but if you make that choice then you deal with consequences of it. It's quite clearly not "impossible" for the guy to live given he's reached 70 years old, he can live, he just can't go onto certain secure sites because he chose to be a complete unknown to any registered system. I'm afraid that's a consequence of his choice.

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Nope.

Thank you.

No further questions.

Lock the daft bint up and throw away the key.

Must say though , you're stronger-willed than me if you can ignore her bollocks. Doubt if I'd be able to think of anything else.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Have you got washing lines or a whirly gig? I remembered a guy on Dragon's Den a few years back pitching a whirly gig protector, so I took the liberty of looking it up for you. 

We have a huge parasol on the decking but I feel using it is just condoning her pish.

Into the sea with you wife

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The Aussie's take their climate change denial really seriously, refusing even to use solar power to dry their clothes.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The guy is quite clearly on the run.

he's probably a multiple serial killing beast.

it is your duty to procure a DNA sample and give it to the police.