Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

My wife's idea of dealing with mess is just to pile everything in a cupboard or drawer so it's out of sight. More than half the storage space in our house is taken up by keepsakes and knick-knacks she can't bear to throw away. I have no idea which ones are just pieces of tat she picked up on holiday and which ones have genuine sentimental value.

This is like my boyfriend. He will go on at me because I leave folded clothes that I am going to use the next day out but then just chucks everything on the floor of the closet to “tidy up”. Mentalist.

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:10, nsr said:

My wife's idea of dealing with mess is just to pile everything in a cupboard or drawer so it's out of sight. More than half the storage space in our house is taken up by keepsakes and knick-knacks she can't bear to throw away. I have no idea which ones are just pieces of tat she picked up on holiday and which ones have genuine sentimental value.

Throw something out and let us know how you get on...

We're going out - very shortly - and she asks me what blouse she should wear, the one she's on or one of two others. Dangerous territory, as we all know.

I tell the other red one, as opposed to the red one she had on, so she goes and changes it.

"I'm not sure about this one, it looks washed out."

1/ If it's washed out, throw it out. (That's another thread altogether.)

2/ If it looks washed out now, it must have looked washed out whenever you were asking me.

ETA: She's put on the white one.

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

We're going out - very shortly - and she asks me what blouse she should wear, the one she's on or one of two others. Dangerous territory, as we all know.

I tell the other red one, as opposed to the red one she had on, so she goes and changes it.

2/ If it looks washed out now, it must have looked washed out whenever you were asking me.

You should tell her that she's at an age when it's ok to let herself go. That'll take off the anxiety.

Big Girls Blouse thread for this pish. [emoji155]

On 09/02/2019 at 16:56, Jacksgranda said:

Throw something out and let us know how you get on...

If I could be arsed the whole lot would go up in the loft and I'd wait to see how long it took her to notice.

I can't, though.

Always ridiculously overfills the washing machine, seemingly with little or no thought as to where the clothes will actually go to dry when they come out. Especially when you have to adhere to her rules of no clothes can touch each other when hanging up or else "they'll never dry" and nothing put on radiators as that "looks too tinky".

My wife has been stealing my phone charger for months as hers is "missing". Yesterday she actually managed to break it and her attempts to super glue it back together....didn't work. I told her to go out and buy 2 new ones but she miraculously produced some spare ones from "somewhere" in the house. Why she had to keep stealing mine while these spare ones existed is a mystery.

Why do they steal stuff? Why aren't their own clothes/deodorant/shower gel/phone chargers/laptops good enough for them?

14 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Always ridiculously overfills the washing machine, seemingly with little or no thought as to where the clothes will actually go to dry when they come out. Especially when you have to adhere to her rules of no clothes can touch each other when hanging up or else "they'll never dry" and nothing put on radiators as that "looks too tinky".

If I try and put the clothes horse outside in summer on the decking to dry the clothes quicker she goes mental.

Apparently birds will shite all over our washing and will need redone.

Doesn't seem to affect all the neighbours around us who have clothes out on the washing line but those birds do have it in for us.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

If I try and put the clothes horse outside in summer on the decking to dry the clothes quicker she goes mental.

Doesn't seem to affect all the neighbours around us who have clothes out on the washing line but those birds do have it in for us.

Must be some size of birds you get in Falkirk if an entire clothes horse worth of stuff ends up having to go back in the wash

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Must be some size of birds you get in Falkirk if an entire clothes horse worth of stuff ends up having to go back in the wash

I just had a check to see if Michelle McManus was born there in a failed attempt at making a hilarious joke. 

While I was looking on Wikipedia I found this:Screenshot_20190213-185138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.20773cb9fad78cf839e2adab3731af98.jpg

38 years old seems a pretty old age to be born at. 

RIP Michelle McManus' mum's fanny. 

7 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Need more details before burning the witch

Is there anything above the decking where birds habitually perch themselves on ?

Washing lines are usually out in the open , so not as likely to be in danger from a hail-fire of bird shit

On 2/6/2019 at 07:08, mizfit said:

I used to go to college with someone who never had a bank account, he’d be paid cash in hand, get his Mum to pay his direct debits and pay her back.

On 2/6/2019 at 07:40, ah-dee said:

im sure these people have died out by now. the survival of the human race depends on it

My other half often has to send folk out to drill sample boreholes as part of her job. There's some old boy that often does drilling for them who has always apparently been paid cash in hand by his boss. He has never had a bank account and never paid any tax. The only reason she knows this is because they had some job that was on airport or MOD ground or something and they needed to get clearance for anyone working on it. When she tried to get this contractor to do it, this old guy couldn't be involved as he had no means at all to prove who he was. No NI number, no driver license, nothing. He's totally off the system.
Which probably explains why he's still drilling holes in fields in his 70s, as I can't see a pension waiting.