Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Salts food without even tasting it.

Mrs b does that as well. I have a wee drop salt on my chips when I occasionally have them, but she will stick salt on most meals. I think about 10 years ago, i was putting salt on the majority of stuff then gave it up and don’t actually miss it.

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Salts food without even tasting it. Stealing the title it “infuriates” me

She doesn't do it but her parents do and it annoys the hell out of me.

They make a joke about covering everything is salt and pepper like it's a funny quirk they need to do.
It's fucking minging and completely unnecessary. It's a throw back to the 90s when all food was overcooked to tasteless oblivion.

19 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Mrs b does that as well. I have a wee drop salt on my chips when I occasionally have them, but she will stick salt on most meals. I think about 10 years ago, i was putting salt on the majority of stuff then gave it up and don’t actually miss it.

16 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

She doesn't do it but her parents do and it annoys the hell out of me.

They make a joke about covering everything is salt and pepper like it's a funny quirk they need to do.
It's fucking minging and completely unnecessary. It's a throw back to the 90s when all food was overcooked to tasteless oblivion.

You guys need to put a load of salt on their food before you serve it to them so that hopefully when they add some more it's too salty for them. If they immediately have a heart attack or stroke then that's their fault. 

Quite a few of the older guys I’ve worked with over the years, have their wives take complete control of their pay every week/month. These guys have earned decent money their entire lives and have no idea how much money they’ve got.

One of them who worked on his family’s fishing boats then offshore for 30 years, has never used a bank card or cash machine in his life. He had to phone his daughter to take him to the bank to pay a bill, while his wife was away for a few days. They asked for his bank card in the branch and when he rummaged through his wallet to find it, it had expired 3 years earlier and had never been activated. The replacement was sitting in a drawer somewhere at his house. He always just kept cash in his wallet and said when he needed more, he’d ask his wife.

Mental behaviour in this day and age.
I had a woman come into my work the other day. As I was serving her on the checkout and told her the total bill, she asked to pay by card. I said that was fine and activated the card machine for her to use. It became apparent that she seemed confused and I asked if I could help.

Turns out that she had only opened her first ever bank account earlier that day (this was around 2pm) and had never used a bank card before.

This woman was at least mid-40s. Its absolutely mind boggling to me that she has somehow gone this long without a bank account and card.

3 minutes ago, MeadowArab said:

I had a woman come into my work the other day. As I was serving her on the checkout and told her the total bill, she asked to pay by card. I said that was fine and activated the card machine for her to use. It became apparent that she seemed confused and I asked if I could help.

Turns out that she had only opened her first ever bank account earlier that day (this was around 2pm) and had never used a bank card before.

This woman was at least mid-40s. Its absolutely mind boggling to me that she has somehow gone this long without a bank account and card.

I have uploaded my cards onto Samsung Pay so I just pay for everything using my phone. That shit would blow her mind. 

I used to go to college with someone who never had a bank account, he’d be paid cash in hand, get his Mum to pay his direct debits and pay her back.
im sure these people have died out by now. the survival of the human race depends on it

Guest Moomintroll
Actually, yes they could [emoji38]
Would it not be a little bit easier just waiting until you're sleeping & nicking it then? I have visions of somebody walking into a shop with one arm looking like Mr Tickles, trying to pay for a jumper that clearly isn't going to fit.

11 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
30 minutes ago, Mr X said:
Actually, yes they could emoji38.png

Would it not be a little bit easier just waiting until you're sleeping & nicking it then? I have visions of somebody walking into a shop with one arm looking like Mr Tickles, trying to pay for a jumper that clearly isn't going to fit.

Well yes, I guess it would. That wasnt the question though