Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

On the cooking, Before i left home I wasn’t very active in the kitchen, would make myself the basics like toast etc, but never really learned to cook or bake my own stuff. Since moving in with the now wife, i have had to learn to cook/bake especially with having the boys and it turns out i am actually quite good at it. Not masterchef winning stuff, but i can make a lot of stuff from scratch that I couldn’t before i left home. Looking back i maybe should have helped my mum cook more. I use to help peal the carrots for soup, but that was it.

My eldest wants to help when cooking now as well, which i suppose is a good thing.

My wife is a stay at home mum, everything goes into the joint account, money for bills are put into the billing account and money moved to savings, 

she manages our money, I don't have to ask for money, I know our outgoings but before any large purchases or nights out etc I would always let her know,

My wife is a stay at home mum, everything goes into the joint account, money for bills are put into the billing account and money moved to savings, 
she manages our money, I don't have to ask for money, I know our outgoings but before any large purchases or nights out etc I would always let her know,
I gave this a greenie before I read all your post, purely because you got the term correct: stay at home mum. Boils my piss this 'full-time mum' pish.

I gave this a greenie before I read all your post, purely because you got the term correct: stay at home mum. Boils my piss this 'full-time mum' pish.

Reading through the last few pages has made me realise modern men are far worse than I realised.

What a bunch of fluffy bitches some of you are.

Do you need to submit a written request 24 hours in advance bef9re you can spend some of your wages on something or are you just allocated an allowance like when you were 13?

It saddens me how pathetic some people really are. Probably apply the lube before they take 1.

ChJqe3UWMAEhRNc.jpg.2b1de592782e85ab9ae06dfbc109f6ad.jpg

12 hours ago, buchan30 said:

On the cooking, Before i left home I wasn’t very active in the kitchen, would make myself the basics like toast etc, but never really learned to cook or bake my own stuff. Since moving in with the now wife, i have had to learn to cook/bake especially with having the boys and it turns out i am actually quite good at it. Not masterchef winning stuff, but i can make a lot of stuff from scratch that I couldn’t before i left home. Looking back i maybe should have helped my mum cook more. I use to help peal the carrots for soup, but that was it.

My eldest wants to help when cooking now as well, which i suppose is a good thing.

Unless you're planning knocking out 5 course cordon bleu dinners every night, cooking is relatively simple, in my experience. (Not knocking your expertise, buchan30.)

Unless you're planning knocking out 5 course cordon bleu dinners every night, cooking is relatively simple, in my experience. (Not knocking your expertise, buchan30.)

Amen, Auld Yin........[emoji39] but let’s not forget that prior to retiring and sitting on yer arse watching rank daytime cookery programmes, you couldn’t boil an egg........amirite ?? [emoji56]

8 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Amen, Auld Yin........emoji39.png but let’s not forget that prior to retiring and sitting on yer arse watching rank daytime cookery programmes, you couldn’t boil an egg........amirite ?? emoji56.png

Hopelessly wrong. :lol:

Actually, I don't think I've watched a cookery programme in my life - unless it was Nigella Lawson, and that wasn't for any cooking tips. (Other tips, perhaps.)

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Reading through the last few pages has made me realise modern men are far worse than I realised.

What a bunch of fluffy bitches some of you are.

Do you need to submit a written request 24 hours in advance bef9re you can spend some of your wages on something or are you just allocated an allowance like when you were 13?

It saddens me how pathetic some people really are. Probably apply the lube before they take 1.

ChJqe3UWMAEhRNc.jpg.2b1de592782e85ab9ae06dfbc109f6ad.jpg

Modern men? Is it not all the auld c***s that are talking about having never even opened one of their own pay packets here?

As far as I can see the young, modern men in this thread have a perfectly good grip on their finances.

I have eventually persuaded mrs olite that driving about in 2nd gear uses too much petrol. She has graduated to third now. (she has never been in 5th in our current car that we've had 4 years and didn't even know it had a 6th)

I have also eventually convinced her that the condensation and mildew issue in our bedroom was not unrelated to her locating the clothes horse in there. it is now in the kitchen. This has taken 5 years of clear evidence of cause and effect.

There is always hope. don't give up.

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I have eventually persuaded mrs olite that driving about in 2nd gear uses too much petrol. She has graduated to third now. (she has never been in 5th in our current car that we've had 4 years and didn't even know it had a 6th)

I have also eventually convinced her that the condensation and mildew issue in our bedroom was not unrelated to her locating the clothes horse in there. it is now in the kitchen. This has taken 5 years of clear evidence of cause and effect.

I take it she only drives very short distances, and at mainly residential roads if she was plodding along in 2nd the whole time?

Have you actually seen her licence with your own eyes?