Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

No, it’s utterly fucking mental. How can you be so lacking in brain cells and responsibility that you can’t handle having your own money. Absolutely baffling that some grown men have the mental capacity of children and think it’s normal.

Ooooooft ya c**t 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I've not looked at a bank statement or paid a bill for about 18 years. I've got a bank card and credit cards but if there's some big payment I'll just get her to sort it out. Delegation is a wonderful thing. 

If she’s good with money then why not delegate. I normally ask once a year how much we have in savings, it’s always higher than the last time I ask so jobs a good’un

54 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

My wife has absolutely no idea how much money we have or how much any of her bills are etc. We get paid into the same bank then I give us both money to spend for the month, put money in a bills account, put some in a savings account and put some into a food and petrol account. She loves it that way as she will spend all of her money in the first 2 weeks but knows she has nothing to worry about. She is an absolute nightmare with money though and we would be forever skint if we didn't work it this way.

Nothing wrong with the way you work it, the best with money takes the reins 

11 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

If she’s good with money then why not delegate. I normally ask once a year how much we have in savings, it’s always higher than the last time I ask so jobs a good’un

She's tremendous at buying expensive coats and handbags anyway.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Come back once you can use a washing machine or boil an egg!

Money, the laundry and cooking, that’s her jobs, I do the rest. Come to think of it, she’s taking the piss a bit

Mrs B uses the classic line (which presumably she thinks I am not wise to) "I got this for x, reduced from y, I definitely wouldnt have paid y for it....."

Not sure what she is trying to convince me of.... Presumably that whatever she has bought is an absolute bargain

37 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Money, the laundry and cooking, that’s her jobs, I do the rest. Come to think of it, she’s taking the piss a bit

Jokes aside, I’m assuming you went straight from living at home to moving in with your wife? Otherwise surely you’d have to have done those things yourself?

47 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Jokes aside, I’m assuming you went straight from living at home to moving in with your wife? Otherwise surely you’d have to have done those things yourself?

I "did" money, laundry and cooking when I was single. Now that I'm married I don't have to worry about the money part...

11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yes correct, I was married at 18 aaaand if we’re doing jokes aside, I can actually operate the washing machine and cook a bit too. I just don’t like cooking, I don’t think you can beat the “dinners ready babes” shout, can you. 

5 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Yes correct, I was married at 18 aaaand if we’re doing jokes aside, I can actually operate the washing machine and cook a bit too. I just don’t like cooking, I don’t think you can beat the “dinners ready babes” shout, can you. 

I don't mind cooking, but only if I've time. I used to hate coming in from work and then cooking, even if said cooking only consisited of throwing sausage rolls into the oven. Now that I'm retired I quite like cooking. There's something rather satisfying about making a chicken dinner of a Sunday consisting of chicken, carrots, broccoli, stuffing and roast and mash potatoes, for example.

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Mrs B uses the classic line (which presumably she thinks I am not wise to) "I got this for x, reduced from y, I definitely wouldnt have paid y for it....."

Not sure what she is trying to convince me of.... Presumably that whatever she has bought is an absolute bargain

Mrs Gaz loves to tell me how much I saved when she bought something.

Depending on how expensive the item looks I don't ask what I paid

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't mind cooking, but only if I've time. I used to hate coming in from work and then cooking, even if said cooking only consisited of throwing sausage rolls into the oven. Now that I'm retired I quite like cooking. There's something rather satisfying about making a chicken dinner of a Sunday consisting of chicken, carrots, broccoli, stuffing and roast and mash potatoes, for example.

Don’t mind the prepping part of a Sunday dinner, peeling, scraping, carving, chopping etc, it’s the timing of it I hate

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Don’t mind the prepping part of a Sunday dinner, peeling, scraping, carving, chopping etc, it’s the timing of it I hate

It's pretty simple.

Take the item that takes the longest to cook and subtract the cooking time of everything else to make a timetable for cooking the other ingredients.

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

It's pretty simple.

Take the item that takes the longest to cook and subtract the cooking time of everything else to make a timetable for cooking the other ingredients.

Ahhhhh riiiiight, Cheers 

My mates find it really strange that me and the wife share our money. I've never once considered money to be mine or hers and especially hate the idea of owing each other money.

My mates all have joint accounts that both contribute into for the bills then keep whatever they have left over for themselves and often hear them say so and so owes me £500 for this or that. Mental behaviour imo