Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Surely no one actually did that? There can't genuinely have people who were such cretinous little wrecks?
My mate who is about 60 and worked in the shipyards said on pay day there was a queue of wives outside the gate ready to do exactly that, since had they not, the weeks money would have gone directly to the pub.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Surely no one actually did that? There can't genuinely have people who were such cretinous little wrecks?

My mate who is about 60 and worked in the shipyards said on pay day there was a queue of wives outside the gate ready to do exactly that, since had they not, the weeks money would have gone directly to the pub.

What an astonishing way to live.

She wasn't feeling well last night. I barely got an hours kip as she spent the whole night moving about the bed, trying to find a comfortable position, pulling the covers around, pushing me out the way, all the usual shite. Got a message from her earlier saying how good she feels today and that she hopes I am having a good day in work. I'm walking about today feeling like a zombie struggling to keep my eyes open. Fucking c*nt.

I'm always in the hoose from work before my missus, she then gets in and after about 10 mins she goes "how was your day", I reply almost the same every single time "ayeee was alright, bit busy", she then waits for me to ask her the same question, if I don't she replies almost every single time "my day was fine, thanks for asking". Now this might be nice for some people that your other half asks how your day was but for me it's fucking annoying as most of the time she blabbers  on for 10 mins about what happened in her stressful day.

In other news, last night I was informed that Donna from her work (the woman she introduced me to last year who I have no idea who she is but nod as if I do) is preggers, WHO CARES WOMAN!

Edited by M0rtonfc

It's my birthday next week and she asked what I'd like. 

There's not anything I really need as I got a decent haul for Christmas. Asked for a subscription to Nutmeg Magazine and got told no as it'll be "too much clutter". This is absolute shite of course, but I went along with it. 

Then last night she warned I might not get anything if I don't give her some ideas.  :blink:

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

I take it this has become popular with couples ? Your money, her money and joint money. Gone are the days of handing your pay packet over and getting your pocket money 

We don't have a joint account, just our two sole accounts. I pay the rent, she pays the bills. Works out meaning we both pay about as much, proportional to what we both earn. The rest is spent as and how either of us sees fit. She has got me into the habit of saving a fair whack of my spare cash, which is a bonus. Not that I go short on anything else anyway. I should probably save a fair bit more than I already do.

2 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

I'm always in the hoose from work before my missus, she then gets in and after about 10 mins she goes "how was your day", I reply almost the same every single time "ayeee was alright, bit busy", she then waits for me to ask her the same question, if I don't she replies almost every single time "my day was fine, thanks for asking". Now this might be nice for some people that your other half asks how your day was but for me it's fucking annoying as most of the time she babblers on for 10 mins about what happened in her stressful day.

In other news, last night I was informed that Donna from her work (the woman she introduced me to last year who I have no idea who she is but nod as if I do) is preggers, WHO CARES WOMAN!

My wife has a habit of mentioning people whom I haven't a clue about as if I should know their life history. I, too, just nod while thinking "Who? What? Why?".

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

My wife has a habit of mentioning people whom I haven't a clue about as if I should know their life history. I, too, just nod while thinking "Who? What? Why?".

My wife and Mother in law both tend to do this, tell me fairly innocuous stories about people I don't know.

If you're telling me a story about someone I don't know then it has to be pretty spectacular for me to be interested.

Why you think I'd be interested that your friend Mary got lost on the way into work one day is totally beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye it's always the same line " oh listen to this, so Lucy from my old job, you remember Lucy, the girl who went out with Martin, you know Martin I was in Uni with"

"oh aye that's right, Martin's ex"

*I have no idea who the f**k Martin or this Stupid Lucy is*

She’s going to get ideas about what else she doesn’t need you for. What else she can do better herself. I give it 3 months until you’re out on your ear.
Bookmarked. If this doesn't happen you'll be hearing from my solicitor.

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I didn’t even get pocket money

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This was a regular thing with fishermen, hilarious to watch. If they hadn’t done it they’d have had nothing to live on.  When we went all fancy and got paid straight into the bank, instead of cash, the amount of lads that went beserk was unreal, their wives hadn’t a clue exactly how much they earned.