Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

Guest bernardblack

Trivial but.....insists on reversing into a space at the supermarket so putting the bags in the boot is a pain in the arse compared to not reversing in.

30 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Trivial but.....insists on reversing into a space at the supermarket so putting the bags in the boot is a pain in the arse compared to not reversing in.

I've always reverse parked as I'm actually able to drive but it's actually a pain in the tits at the local Asda to drive straight into a spot and reverse out.

As pointed out this is the correct procedure when loading the motor back up though.

People who don’t/can’t reverse park belong in the calling card of morons thread.

My wife falls into this category.

On 13/01/2019 at 21:33, Miguel Sanchez said:

Can't wait for P&B posts to be read out in court when Mrs. Mularkey is found in several pieces in a wood. 

It wont be one wood.  I have several earmarked around Dundee and north Fife. 

ETA: Hiya prosecutors, Hiya pal!

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

I couldn’t help myself today...

We are talking about decorating our bedroom so we are in the shop having a look, she’s done her homework so she know what she wants.

She comes through with this hideous wallpaper (for her feature wall) it’s got some sort of birds on it. So she says to me...
“What about this?”
“Your kidding?”
“Of course, I’m in the habit of picking up the most horrible wall paper in the shop”

I just couldn’t help myself “so we agree that its horrible then!”

Really looking forward to a good nights sleep in the spare room!!!
On decorating. We've been here for 2 years now and the place still isn't fully decorated. We did the livingroom a few months back and although it was pretty pain free she still made the odd comment about how much of a mess I apparently make*. I told her if she kept commenting she would be doing it herself. Thankfully that shut her up.

The other week I was doing some edging in another room and she came in and started her shite. I ignored it so long and finally had enough. Took all the stuff and put it in the sink. Told her I was done with the decorating; she can live with a half decorated house because I'm officially finished with it. So she can do it herself or pay someone to do it, and when I say she can pay, I mean her. Not a joint payment. I refuse to pay for something I can do myself. I'm actually still livid thinking about it now but I can't be fucked with her criticism. A few days after that she got the paint out and was out edging. Just the kitchen/dining room for her to do now :D

* I'm not a professional, but I'll make as much "mess" as any normal person. As I've said before, she's definitely on the OCD spectrum so any slight thing she notices. Even if no one else does.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The other week I was doing some edging in another room and she came in and started her shite. I ignored it so long and finally had enough. Took all the stuff and put it in the sink. Told her I was done with the decorating; she can live with a half decorated house because I'm officially finished with it. So she can do it herself or pay someone to do it, and when I say she can pay, I mean her. Not a joint payment. I refuse to pay for something I can do myself. I'm actually still livid thinking about it now but I can't be fucked with her criticism. A few days after that she got the paint out and was out edging. Just the kitchen/dining room for her to do now :D

Image result for flounce gif

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:35, Jacksgranda said:

...This very similar to the fridge situation. She got a fridge from her sister which had half the storage capacity (but twice as much freezer capacity to be fair). If I'd got a fridge which was only half the storage capacity of the old one I'd never have heard the end of it.

Why is it that fridge capacity has so long been a flashpoint in so many marriages?

22 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

People who don’t/can’t reverse park belong in the calling card of morons thread.

My wife falls into this category.

I'm in this camp. I can, I just don't. Maybe a hangover from when the boys were still in buggies or prams and needed the space at the boot.

Yet to see why reversing into a space is any better or worse than driving into a space and then reversing out.

Edited by ShaggysBeard

I'm in this camp. I can, I just don't. Maybe a hangover from when the boys were still in buggies or prams and needed the space at the boot.
Yet to see why reversing into a space is any better or worse than driving into a space and then reversing out.
I'll reverse in where possible. It makes for an easier exit. I'm better at reversing in that driving in as well for some strange reason.

48 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

and when I say she can pay, I mean her. Not a joint payment. 

I take it this has become popular with couples ? Your money, her money and joint money. Gone are the days of handing your pay packet over and getting your pocket money 

I take it this has become popular with couples ? Your money, her money and joint money. Gone are the days of handing your pay packet over and getting your pocket money 
I've got 3 accounts (I need them because I have a 5 figure income). One is the joint account where (funnily enough) the joint bills come out, the 2nd I opened so I could put all my personal bill money in and the 3rd is where my wages go in and whatever is left is my own.

I opened my 'bill account' so I could have an account where I knew the money was safe. Too often I would forget a bill in my main account and be left short.

We don't have a joint account that we can access as such. It's just an account where our shared bills come out.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I'll reverse in where possible. It makes for an easier exit. I'm better at reversing in that driving in as well for some strange reason.

It's easier to keep straight if you reverse in.

8 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I will concede on getting large items out the boot.

But reversing in is so much better for exiting, both for you and for anyone else driving down that lane of the car park.

On decorating. We've been here for 2 years now and the place still isn't fully decorated. We did the livingroom a few months back and although it was pretty pain free she still made the odd comment about how much of a mess I apparently make*. I told her if she kept commenting she would be doing it herself. Thankfully that shut her up.

The other week I was doing some edging in another room and she came in and started her shite. I ignored it so long and finally had enough. Took all the stuff and put it in the sink. Told her I was done with the decorating; she can live with a half decorated house because I'm officially finished with it. So she can do it herself or pay someone to do it, and when I say she can pay, I mean her. Not a joint payment. I refuse to pay for something I can do myself. I'm actually still livid thinking about it now but I can't be fucked with her criticism. A few days after that she got the paint out and was out edging. Just the kitchen/dining room for her to do now [emoji3]

* I'm not a professional, but I'll make as much "mess" as any normal person. As I've said before, she's definitely on the OCD spectrum so any slight thing she notices. Even if no one else does.

Seething, heads gone, taken it well etc etc

44 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Surely no one actually did that? There can't genuinely have people who were such cretinous little wrecks?

I absolutely was. Though I'm now in 'pleasing' mode as she went and did it herself.

She’s going to get ideas about what else she doesn’t need you for. What else she can do better herself. I give it 3 months until you’re out on your ear.