Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

"Closet" eh? Barrage incoming!  
Well I reckoned 'cupboard' or 'under the stairs' would be pounced upon by pedantic smart arses so it was the best way my night-shift addled brain could describe the large self contained storage space that is accessed off the hall which contains, but is not exclusively formed of, the space underneath the staircase.

We had originally planned to move house a couple of years from now. After reassessing our finances after a new pay deal and with the overtime I'm now working, I let her know that we should be in a position to move next autumn, maybe late summer at a push.

Since the start of this week she has effectively bricked up the hall large self contained storage space that is accessed off the hall which contains, but is not exclusively formed of, the space underneath the staircase with boxes full of books, cds, ornaments, paperwork etc ready for the move!!

Aah, much better.

With bread, she insists on tying the loaf back up with the sticky plastic (usually red) thing that has the Best Before date on it, meaning you need to pick it open every single time you want a slice.

Spin the bag to make a spiral airtight seal and use the weight of the bread to keep it tight.  Keeps it fresh and opens back up in a second.  Easy.

Edited by Hedgecutter
Tying, not tieing

Today - 3 phone calls (2 of which she hung up just as I picked up, of course) 2 text messages and 1 heated phone call because she only had 3% battery left on her phone.  The reason for the need to get me - to get a phone number to give to the courier company for the letter I was sending.  This all took place over a 2 hour period as she/I was busy doing stuff.  Now, why couldn't she or the courier company have simply gone online and googled the fuckin number?  

Honestly speaking, I'm still livid as I think about it as I  type.  

While it's reasonable to expect that Normal Boring Brand's goods will probably be of roughly equivalent quality to Expensive Designer Brand's goods, it is however unreasonable to expect that Poundstretcher or similar's goods are going to be of equivalent quality to Normal Boring Brand's goods. My wife does not understand this and is frequently both baffled and upset that items which cost a pound or less turn out to function incorrectly or break very quickly.

3 minutes ago, nsr said:

While it's reasonable to expect that Normal Boring Brand's goods will probably be of roughly equivalent quality to Expensive Designer Brand's goods, it is however unreasonable to expect that Poundstretcher or similar's goods are going to be of equivalent quality to Normal Boring Brand's goods. My wife does not understand this and is frequently both baffled and upset that items which cost a pound or less turn out to function incorrectly or break very quickly.

The biggest rip off has to be in the paracetamol and over the counter drugs trade 

People actually buy expensive paracetamol which has no benefit over and above the 30P shops own brand stuff.

21 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:
23 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
"Closet" eh? Barrage incoming!  

Well I reckoned 'cupboard' or 'under the stairs' would be pounced upon by pedantic smart arses so it was the best way my night-shift addled brain could describe the large self contained storage space that is accessed off the hall which contains, but is not exclusively formed of, the space underneath the staircase.

"Under stair cupboard", IMHO.

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

With bread, she insists on tying the loaf back up with the sticky plastic (usually red) thing that has the Best Before date on it, meaning you need to pick it open every single time you want a slice.

Spin the bag to make a spiral airtight seal and use the weight of the bread to keep it tight.  Keeps it fresh and opens back up in a second.  Easy.

Either that or a clothes peg.

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

How do you think I feel? I've mentioned it before but mine ties the fucking loaf closed every time. Ties it. Why could you even be bothered to do that every fucking time? 

Utter lunatic. 

22 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

On another bread-bag theme , Mrs  A96 takes a cavalier approach to opening bags of more locally made products, that typically come in an unmarked clear plastic bag**, tied/sealed with a wee bit of sticky tape. Now , to me , it's worth the wee bit of effort to use scissors or a sharp knife , either of which can usually be found within about 2 feet of the kitchen table, to snip or cut the wee bit of sticky tape , so that one end of the plastc bag can effectively be restored to its' original state (apart from containing a virgin loaf). Thereafter , the closing and re-opening process described by Hedgecutter is simple and appropriate.

However, Mrs A96 ,  can't be arsed getting scissors or a knife to cut the sticky tape......("I'm nae kirnin' wi' that !").......and simply rips a hole in the plastic bag , thus virtually guaranteeing at some point in the not too distant future ,  spillage of copious amounts of breadcrumbs from the rogue hole in the bag.

**insert Kenneth Williams "shocked" pic here

Edited by A96

10 minutes ago, A96 said:

On another bread-bag theme , Mrs  A96 takes a cavalier approach to opening bags of more locally made products, that typically come in an unmarked clear plastic bag**, tied/sealed with a wee bit of sticky tape. Now , to me , it's worth the wee bit of effort to use scissors or a sharp knife , either of which can usually be found within about 2 feet of the kitchen table, to snip or cut the wee bit of sticky tape , so that one end of the plastc bag can effectively be restored to its' original state (apart from containing a virgin loaf). Thereafter , the closing and re-opening process described by Hedgecutter is simple and appropriate.

However, Mrs A96 ,  can't be arsed getting scissors or a knife to cut the sticky tape......("I'm nae kirnin' wi' that !").......and simply rips a hole in the plastic bag , thus virtually guaranteeing at some point in the not too distant future ,  spillage of copious amounts of breadcrumbs from the rogue hole in the bag.

**insert Kenneth Williams "shocked" pic here

So basically, you keep spilling your strawberry Millions all over the floor. 

Last Christmas my wife bought a bacon and sprouts side dish which sounded horrible so I didn't include it in the meal for Christmas Day. It's still in the freezer and she's wondering if we can have it this year.