Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

We still get lemonade delivered here - Maine lorry. Also coal delivered from more than one supplier. Groceries are also delivered (not Tesco/Asda but an independent merchant). Not sure about milk, our milk run ended about 16 years ago, but it might still be a thing.

Guest bernardblack

Interrupts me telling a story to a group, to correct the most minor detail, that has zero bearing on the anecdote.

Me: “Anyways this all started on 2nd April....”

Her: “no no no it was 3rd”

Well then that made loads of difference

30 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Interrupts me telling a story to a group, to correct the most minor detail, that has zero bearing on the anecdote.

Me: “Anyways this all started on 2nd April....”

Her: “no no no it was 3rd”

Well then that made loads of difference

Im hearing that.

Some of the stuff I found myself arguing over with the Mrs I couldn't believe.

Her insistence to not let a minor detail pass without interruption is incredible.

On 09/12/2018 at 02:50, ah-dee said:

my partner decided to have a "cleaning spree" today. she cant comprehend that this spree was her battering around the house for 5 hours hoovering and moving her assorted shite from drawer to drawer. there is no new space, my boxers have moved drawer but the carpets are cleaner.

This of course will happen spur of the moment, when her tether is reached a week or so ahead of yours (and you'll be in the dog house for not dropping everything that very afternoon). 

This of course will happen spur of the moment, when her tether is reached a week or so ahead of yours (and you'll be in the dog house for not dropping everything that very afternoon). 

correct.

i also get pissed off at :-

her- "can you go to the shop we need x for tea?"
me - "yeah sure footballs finished in 10 minutes"
her - "can you not just go now when i ask you!?"
me - "its 1pm what fucking difference does it make you dont need it for hours!"

correct.

i also get pissed off at :-

her- "can you go to the shop we need x for tea?"
me - "yeah sure footballs finished in 10 minutes"
her - "can you not just go now when i ask you!?"
me - "its 1pm what fucking difference does it make you dont need it for hours!"
Or.. can't you just pause live football to do something that's not urgent whilst the recorded dire crap she watches can't be stopped for love not money.
The other part to that is what if you do pause it, the dozy moo will change channel to check what time her soap is on and if it's set to record (big clue, same time every night and you have series linked it), losing the paused part and the ability to rewind should you have missed something.

Mrs A96 frequently puts stuff on top of the kichen bin or food-waste bin , meaning that I can't put anything in the bin  without the hassle of moving the stuff she's left on the top.

Any polite mention of this by me  is met with a blast including a heavily sarcastic "Oh , sorreeee!!!" .....and then usually something along the lines....."I was going to put it in the ootside bin , but I was too busy trottin' efter your erses !!".....(referring to me and teenage son)

Edited by A96

Cleared out the bedroom over a week ago.

Load of shit under the bed thats been there for probably 8 years.  Left with a small pile of crap (some make up, hair shite and a book) which she dumped on the landing saying "I'll deal with that later".

Last night I shoveled it up and put it in the bed under the quilt.  

She was not best pleased with it but its now been put away.

1 hour ago, A96 said:

Mrs A96 frequently puts stuff on top of the kichen bin or food-waste bin , meaning that I can't put anything in the bin  without the hassle of moving the stuff she's left on the top.

Any polite mention of this by me  is met with a blast including a heavily sarcastic "Oh , sorreeee!!!" .....and then usually something along the lines....."I was going to put it in the ootside bin , but I was too busy trottin' efter your erses !!".....(referring to me and teenage son)

My missus buys stuff like bagels, loaves etc then piles them on top of the bread bin. It's as if she thinks they are in the vicinity of the bread bin its protective powers will somehow permeate out into the ether and protect the breadstuffs from going stale. 

7 minutes ago, Deontay WildPar said:

My missus buys stuff like bagels, loaves etc then piles them on top of the bread bin. It's as if she thinks they are in the vicinity of the bread bin its protective powers will somehow permeate out into the ether and protect the breadstuffs from going stale. 

Mine does that as well but its because she's too lazy to empty the bread bin of all the mouldy ones that she put in the last time she left them out long enough to go slightly mouldy before hiding them in the bread bin.

And so forth and so forth. 

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Mine does that as well but its because she's too lazy to empty the bread bin of all the mouldy ones that she put in the last time she left them out long enough to go slightly mouldy before hiding them in the bread bin.

And so forth and so forth. 

Oh yes, that's her reason too. Absolute midden. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

SCENE: INTERIOR. A WOMAN IS MADLY CLEANING AN ALREADY ADEQUATELY TIDY HOUSEHOLD. A MAN NERVOUSLY STANDS NEARBY TRYING TO KEEP OUT OF HER WAY.

Man: Calm down it's just your cousins visiting.

Her: I can't calm down! What if they came and saw this place? They'd think we live like this!

SHE GESTURES TO A HANDFUL OF UNWASHED PLATES AND MUGS NEAR THE SINK AND SOME SLIGHT DUST ON THE SKIRTING BOARD

Man: But we do. We do live like this.

THE WOMAN SCOWLS AT THE MAN AND CONTINUES CLEANING.

Guaranteed she has the place immaculate for them coming in then apologises about the mess as soon as they step in the door. 

They're all the same. Fucking mental.

Guest bernardblack

“Aw don’t worry I’ll watch the football on the tablet....you have the telly”

Cut to her putting on some utter shite and not even watching cause she’s glued to her phone

On 08/12/2018 at 21:21, MONKMAN said:

My house was very minimalist for years, when I lived on my own. Everything in it was functional and had a purpose, although she said it resembled a show-home that hadn’t been lived in. I don’t see any issue with that, as it suited me for 5 or so years I lived on my own.

I work away and every time I come back there’s new “stuff” in the house; Plants, lamps, candles, vases...

Her response is that I lived in a “house” and now it’s becoming a “home”.

What the actual f**k goes on in their heads?

My place is the same. Very minimal. A couple of pictures on the wall and on the coffee table where the old fire place used to be. I don’t have any fancy ornaments as I live on my own and nobody else sees it. I dread the time I ask a girl (if I ever get the chance) to move in with me as it will look different within a couple of months.

10 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

My place is the same. Very minimal. A couple of pictures on the wall and on the coffee table where the old fire place used to be. I don’t have any fancy ornaments as I live on my own and nobody else sees it. I dread the time I ask a girl (if I ever get the chance) to move in with me as it will look different within a couple of months.

Months. Ha ha ha ha ha.

58 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

I don't think you need worry about that eventuality.

11 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Cleared out the bedroom over a week ago.

Load of shit under the bed thats been there for probably 8 years.  Left with a small pile of crap (some make up, hair, shite and a book) which she dumped on the landing saying "I'll deal with that later".

Last night I shoveled it up and put it in the bed under the quilt.  

She was not best pleased with it but its now been put away.