Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

I’m definitely familiar with calling a worktop a bunker. Can also confirm my east coast heritage. Firmly with ah-dee here. A unit, a worktop, a bunker all one and the same.

This is potentially more incendiary than square/slice/lorne or juice/ginger/lemonade.

What cretinous species of human calls a flat surface in a kitchen a bunker?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Is this an east coast/Angus/Mearns shite?

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is potentially more incendiary than square/slice/lorne or juice/ginger/lemonade.

People from Larkhall call them bunkers as well. Strange race of people.

4 minutes ago, Growl3th said:

Me.

Have a Charles for effort...sadly.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

My copy of the Concise Scots Dictionary, 1999 Polygon edition defines a Bunker as a chest or box freq. used as a seat as one of the word's meanings. Also this might enlighten you

http://www.dsl.ac.uk/entry/snd/sndns614

5 minutes ago, Eednud said:

My copy of the Concise Scots Dictionary, 1999 Polygon edition defines a Bunker as a chest or box freq. used as a seat as one of the word's meanings. Also this might enlighten you

http://www.dsl.ac.uk/entry/snd/sndns614

There is one huge problem here, Edmund...you are trying to use facts to confound me.  See:

bunker.JPG.5d49f69fb4487030e3b8c5b3c382dec4.JPG

My take?  I have never heard this expression used before ergo it is shite patter from folk from Angus/Dundee/Mearns.

BTW where are you from?

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is one huge problem here, Edmund...you are trying to use facts to confound me.  See:

bunker.JPG.5d49f69fb4487030e3b8c5b3c382dec4.JPG

My take?  I have never heard this expression used before ergo it is shite patter from folk from Angus/Dundee/Mearns.

BTW where are you from?

Facts will very often confound people, especially when the facts are true.

The giveaway of where I'm originally from is in my name. not the quiz version.

Just now, Eednud said:

Thought you'd gone bunkers and forgotten. 

As if!  Much planned for the weekend? 

Back on topic, my son had his interview with Cambridge yesterday.  His maw wants him to stay with her for the weekend to 'talk about it'.  He wants to stay with me and go to the pub with his pals!

8 hours ago, ah-dee said:
10 hours ago, tree house tam said:
Cleaning up after women? What the f**k is wrong with you c***s?

its expected these days. blame those bra burning bints they put the idea in womens heads

The more these fucking weasels clean up after them the more they're expected to do it. Tell the fucking minky bitches to tidy the f**k up or f**k the f**k off.

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:07, Jacksgranda said:

In my experience it's better thinking that than saying that. Something along the lines of "It's very nice" usually suffices. Also, try to tease out of her if it's a "bargain" and congratulate her if it is. Women love being complimented about "bargains".

Just been shown another ornament - we need another ornament like I need another hole in my behind - actually it's a Christmas ornament, great! - and I told her "Very nice". She's sitting there all pleased "as it lights up" and I've told her it's very nice. Not sure if it's a "real" bargain as it cost £15.00 - hard to judge bargains for plastic Christmas decorations* - but she's happy and I've got peace to continue on the laptop without having created an "atmosphere".

F*** me, she's bought two of them!

* They "look like metal" and are "quite heavy", so I've surmised they are a bargain.

Further edit: I must say they don't look too bad, sitting on the mantelpiece all aglow.

Edited by Jacksgranda