Infuriating Things Your Partner Does

54 minutes ago, Widge said:

I don't have many, but the one that I don't get is when making tea. She'll leave the teabag and spoon on the wee rest thing. That's fine if you're going to reuse the bag, but I think the record was 8 teabags and spoons, it looked like some weird metal Xmas tree. Just put the bag in the bloody bin that way you don't need to wash the spoon either! I just don't get it!

This.  They tend to be put in the wee side sink thing and just build up overtime.  Eventually I get pissed off with the dozen or so teabags blocking the drain. 

Sticking with the tea theme - it's far too hard once you've finished your tea to then put the mug into the dishwasher.  Heck apparently even lifting it off the floor to take through to the kitchen is too much of a hassle.  Record is 4 cups with varying levels of cold tea dregs remaining before she asked me to take dishes through from the living room.  Left the tea cups as the dishwasher was turned on and she's only left 1 lying around since.

Mine switches sockets off relentlessly. I get it if it's not going to be used for a while, but when it's the TV and the box takes about 5 minutes to load when it's been switched off, just fucking leave it on. The tellys been switched off (not on standby) so what's the fucking point. 

I remember once I got on the train down from her flat and popped the laptop on for a go at football manager, to be confronted with a low battery warning. This puzzled me as I'd plugged it in to charge overnight beforehand, and left me seething as I got about 10 minutes into the 2 hour journey before it gave up. 

She's also never fucking wrong but I've a feeling that's a female thing and not her specifically. 

3 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

whenever I make toast in the morning, I ask if she wants some and she always says no. then when I go through to the living room she proceeds to start eating half my toast. actually infuriating

or anytime you get a drink I assume? 

"Want anything ?"

"No I'll just have some of yours"

"So you do want one then?"

"No"

*drinks mine*

*Boots pie*

Edited by deej

Reuse a teabag? Loosen the purse strings a bit, Widge. 

Not quite what I'm saying. The only reason to leave a teabag out is for reusing it again, which we don't do, which is why it's infuriating.

My wife is also notorious for nicking my phone charger while mine is plugged into it. Fortunately my new phone uses a different connector from hers so this has ceased. Until she gets a new one, I suspect.

10 minutes ago, deej said:

Mine switches sockets off relentlessly. I get it if it's not going to be used for a while, but when it's the TV and the box takes about 5 minutes to load when it's been switched off, just fucking leave it on. The tellys been switched off (not on standby) so what's the fucking point. 

I remember once I got on the train down from her flat and popped the laptop on for a go at football manager, to be confronted with a low battery warning. This puzzled me as I'd plugged it in to charge overnight beforehand, and left me seething as I got about 10 minutes into the 2 hour journey before it gave up. 

She's also never fucking wrong but I've a feeling that's a female thing and not her specifically. 

I got my fiance a battery pack for her Christmas as she always moans that her phone is nearly dead by the time she is finished her work.  

I don't think she's charged it once since I initially charged it.  I went away for a stag do last month and took the battery pack with me for the train down.  Left Aberdeen and hadn't gotten past Stonehaven before it ran out of juice.  I had asked her the morning before if it was charged and I got a "yeh" in reply.  Text her when I got to my parents house and got the charger on and turns out she didn't recall us having the conversation.  

She will also never charge the iPad unless it's down to the final 10%.  I do surveys to earn extra income and sometimes they can take about 20 minutes to complete with videos to watch. 9% iPad drains very quickly!

Wartching TV and her mobile rings.

This is not a cue for her to get up and take the call in the kitchen or bedroom it is apparently a cue for a hunt for the remote and the TV to be muted or paused so she can sit beside me on the sofa and make me listen to half a phone conversation I don't give a f**k about. This does not only happen during programmes she has an interest in it is even if I am watching something (eg sport) she isn't bothered about.

I now have to lie when we have to be somewhere on time. Last time we were meeting to get a train together I told her the train was 12.30. She arrived at 13.10, the train was 13.40. I'll be there in 5mins has varied anywhere between 15mins and 3 hours.

Edited by MEADOWXI

2 hours ago, deej said:

Oh god, this. Does my nut in. I have a lamp on the bedside table at my side of the bed. I like to use the conveniently placed switch on the cord of the lamp to turn it on and off. She turns it off at the socket behind the cabinet.

My wife also spends 5 minutes at night before coming to bed checking in cupboards and under beds for, and I quote, "paedos, snakes and rats". The toilet lid has to be down presumably to prevent all 3 named hazards from coming up the lavvy.

I just pulled a clump of her hair out the bath plug hole again this morning.

She will also come and sit down beside me and then ask me to get her phone, iPad, drink, check the kids etc...

10 years married this year. Where's my medal?

Thought of another one. When cooking, I'll tend to tidy up as I go along and out offcuts, rubbish in the bin to save me doing it later. My girlfriend doesn't believe in this and cooks, eats and then leaves everything lying out on the worktop. That's not the infuriating bit, I don't mind that. What infuriated me last month was that she was off work sick and should have been in bed resting. Instead she decided that she was going to clean everything including the fucking oven. So doesn't clean when it matters and does clean when she shouldn't! Defies logic.

2 hours ago, deej said:

Mine switches sockets off relentlessly.

Mine went through a period of that. Apparently she heard some talk by a fireman who advised it for fire safety. She'll listen to advice from literally anyone except me.

Anything to do with cars and, in particular, anytime they need to go into a garage to get serviced or repaired. On being told how much it will cost she will invariably snort in disgust and demand that I take the car to another garage. She doesn't know where to put the water in for the windscreen washer for f**k sake but suddenly becomes an expert when there's money involved

In my house it is the bin, doesn't matter if it is the bin in the kitchen or even worse the small bin in the bathroom.

No matter how fucking full it is they can always balance one more item on it. It must take the missus or young lass longer to leave something on it than just empty it.

I have tried leaving them full but the rubbish piles up around it so it looks like a binman's strike is ongoing.