When are you voting, who for and what's your polling place like?

Fide

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just sailed from Esbjerg Denmark so not going to make the wooden shack that passes for the polling station near me.

Proxy vote however will ensure Mike Weir SNP gets my vote.

10:30 this morning. Just a handful of Tory* voting coffin dodgers lingering about the local whilst I voted for Alex Salmond in my local sport centre.

*I never peeked at their voting slip or anything, you can just tell.

Just done it. Another X for Chris Law, SNP. There was a dog in my polling place. It wasn't voting (I think); it's owner just brought the fellow in. I got to pet him.

All polling places should have a dog that voters can pet and who can growl and snarl at Tory and Labour voters

Done.

The polling station was pretty busy actually.

I like the whole process and how clunkily old fashioned it all is.  You don't sign up for many things these days that involve a nice older lady scoring your name off a list with a biro and a ruler.  

I wonder how many more General Elections will be conducted this way.

Usually before work at 8am. But I was off today so strolled in at 10.30am.

A library 5 minutes from my flat.

Joanna Catherine Cherry QC and hopefully SNP MP for Edinburgh south west Come the early hours of 9th June 2017.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Proudly voted Scottish Christian Party - "Proclaiming Christ's Lordship". 

Sakes - they didn't bother putting a candidate up here. I've been looking for a new party since the Natural Law boys ran out of cash  :(

Anyway, our wee church hall polling station was jumping at 6pm, and I bumped into the fragrant Tasmina for about the hundredth time in the past month. Restraining order imminent, I fear.

Archived