PETERHEAD - 17/18 Season

16 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Apparently we're looking at Mark Ridgers, he'd be a quality signing for this level. Probably a good idea to have at least one keeper on the books as well.

Looks like we are only window shopping.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/peterhead-boss-mcinally-cooling-links-ridgers/

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone got a heads up about Craig Reid? Looks like Craig Reid is signing with Ayr.

Thought he was OK when he came in, considering he hadn't played for a few months. We had a honking defence and I thought he was an improvement on what we had.

32 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Are we going to sign a goalkeeper or will Paul Jarvie be making a comeback? He has just turned 35 and hasn't played for years but as far as I know he is still at the club so anything is possible.

Scott Tait?

57 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

Are we going to sign a goalkeeper or will Paul Jarvie be making a comeback? He has just turned 35 and hasn't played for years but as far as I know he is still at the club so anything is possible.

24 minutes ago, strichener said:

Scott Tait?

To be fair either of them would be better than Smithy. :shutup

3 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Money,  Peterhead used to pay more that what some full time clubs could offer although it might be different now 

There is that but he lives in Annan. Was one of the reasons why he left us to go to Ayr. 

Fleming as well. They are taking the piss.
Never seen a mob throw money like this at this league since Gretna.

That is a little dramatic. We only have about 12 players signed (and a couple of them should have been punted). Honestly I don't think we are going to find this season as easy as everyone thinks we will. Never under estimate Jim's ability to forge a group of individuals out of a team.

Was having a good chuckle reading the recent comments on our ability to throw money about but the "Never under estimate Jim's ability to forge a group of individuals out of a team" had me in stitches. Quality.

What you you say was Peterhead's best ever season when they got to the cup final v Rangers ??

It probably was in terms of league position and the cup run, but losing the last 8 games in a row and capitulating in the play offs has left a sour taste for folk. I think the year we won League 2 was probably better and the 2012/13 team was a great squad that only just missed out going up.

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

It probably was in terms of league position and the cup run, but losing the last 8 games in a row and capitulating in the play offs has left a sour taste for folk. I think the year we won League 2 was probably better and the 2012/13 team was a great squad that only just missed out going up.

Thanks for the reply very interesting was that their highest finish in League 1 ??

Archived