PETERHEAD - 17/18 Season

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I’ve probably asked this before but can somebody tell me the butcher who makes your pies? Cheers.

Just as well that you asked  saw this at 18.30 & remembered that we had a supporters club meeting at 19.00 so had to jump in the car & head up to Balmoor. Anyway saw the sign on the pie shop so it Coutts The Butcher from Peterhead that supplies the pie hut. Hospitality is looked after by Harry Fraser Catering & having sampled it a few times you get a good feed there as well. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Maybe I'm missing something, but why aren't we playing Aaron Norris ? The games he has played he's seemed to do really well, seems as though he's been forgotten about all of a sudden... 

11 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Interesting. I'm guessing the aerial pic is of the first league game for The Rangers in 2013 going by the car park being closed off, the cameras there, the size of the crowd and amount of blue.

The Raith Rovers crowd seems to vary greatly as well. Haven't seen it as high as 8643 - around 6500 is the generally accepted figure although I don't believe anyone knows the exact numbers. The second replay was definitely at Arbroath.

As for Balmoor they managed to get the numbers up by installing temporary terracing. I believe the main stand is slightly bigger and it's probably something like 550/450.

Also good to see Rory's name on the bench for Caley in 1992 was it? He must have been about 5. ;)

Edit to add another little point. The 17-0 win over Fort William was at Balmoor not Recreation Park.

15 hours ago, blueone said:

Interesting. I'm guessing the aerial pic is of the first league game for The Rangers in 2013 going by the car park being closed off, the cameras there, the size of the crowd and amount of blue.

The Raith Rovers crowd seems to vary greatly as well. Haven't seen it as high as 8643 - around 6500 is the generally accepted figure although I don't believe anyone knows the exact numbers. The second replay was definitely at Arbroath.

As for Balmoor they managed to get the numbers up by installing temporary terracing. I believe the main stand is slightly bigger and it's probably something like 550/450.

Also good to see Rory's name on the bench for Caley in 1992 was it? He must have been about 5. ;)

Edit to add another little point. The 17-0 win over Fort William was at Balmoor not Recreation Park.

I know I was at the Raith game and certainly wasn't in the official attendance. ;)

19 hours ago, blueone said:

Are you sure about this? I seem to remember it was at Recreation Park! 

Cheers guys - updated

On 06/05/2018 at 23:52, blueone said:

Aye Rory was a child prodigy as I’m sure he’ll tell you :lol:

btw the other McAllister was Mark ‘mad dog’ McAllister, son of Bill McAllister the journalist. He moved down to London soon afterwards and played non-league down there. The high point of his Caley career was a late winner against Ross County when he ran along behind the goals high-fiving people in the Howden End.

9 hours ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Understandably quiet in here. I can feel the Peterhead fans agony. Genuinely not trolling - just wondered what the Peterhead fans thoughts were now the curtain has come down on the season?

Personally thought the damage was done down at Montrose when we threw away a 2 goal advantage and let the slip league out of our own hands.  No expectations in the play-offs as we have never managed to either gain promotion or avoid relegation via them.  

Thought before the Stenny game down there that we could come back with a 2 goal deficit and still come through but after exactly this scenario, and seeing how we played in the first leg, I must admit that I thought it a step too far.  No surprise yesterday TBH and once again shows that our managers policy of "quality" over quantity has once again failed.

Two defenders not available through injury and we don't have any replacements.  Can't even fill the bench even when we have players out on loan.  Shambles.

Also don't know where the players that were signed at the start of the season have gone.  Paul Cairney?     Mikael Ludovic Ngango Dikobo? Samuel Gabriel?

Anyway, rant over.  Bring on next season - new manager, new players, new enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

Dikobo left a few months ago. Cairney is presumably at weightwatchers.

Dikobo might have provided some cover if got fit. Cairney was a gamble that unfortunately backfired. Gabriel was never going to make it.

Guest TOPFITTER
Dikobo left a few months ago. Cairney is presumably at weightwatchers.

Do Weightwatchers do pies ?.. [emoji6]

Archived