PETERHEAD - 17/18 Season

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Good article but just a couple of observations. Jason Brown is naturally a CB not a fullback and Jordan Brown is not a defensive option he is very much an attacking midfielder. Keep up the good work though as you seem to be pumping out more Peterhead content than our club!

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

Good article but just a couple of observations. Jason Brown is naturally a CB not a fullback and Jordan Brown is not a defensive option he is very much an attacking midfielder. Keep up the good work though as you seem to be pumping out more Peterhead content than our club!

As a volunteer who updates the website and social media along with a few others,  I'd be interested to know what you feel is missing content-wise? Facebook is updated daily and there is a twitter feed and news feed on the website updated regularly as well as highlights of every game and match report added (also filmed, edited and reported voluntarily). There is a digital issue of the monthly magazine also available on the website. We try to cover as much as possible but if you feel that there should be more info then please specify and we will try to cover this also? 

9 minutes ago, TOONSER said:

As a volunteer who updates the website and social media along with a few others,  I'd be interested to know what you feel is missing content-wise? Facebook is updated daily and there is a twitter feed and news feed on the website updated regularly as well as highlights of every game and match report added (also filmed, edited and reported voluntarily). There is a digital issue of the monthly magazine also available on the website. We try to cover as much as possible but if you feel that there should be more info then please specify and we will try to cover this also? 

Nope keep up the good work,my only observation is social media seems to go quiet for days then it suddenly starts up again,however if this is due to work/other commitments then no problem

1 hour ago, TOONSER said:

Just had a look at the site & there appears to have been a lot of updating for this season, it was not always the case but well done "Toonser & assistants" about the only thing that seems to have been missed is the Platinum club winners. Not a lot of folk get involved on the forum now compared to a while back but this could be down to our crowd being split between Facebook, Twitter, here & our own forum

12 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Just had a look at the site & there appears to have been a lot of updating for this season, it was not always the case but well done "Toonser & assistants" about the only thing that seems to have been missed is the Platinum club winners. Not a lot of folk get involved on the forum now compared to a while back but this could be down to our crowd being split between Facebook, Twitter, here & our own forum

Duly noted. Platinum club winners are posted on Facebook and Twitter which appears on front page of website but you would have to scroll through the tweets to find so I'll look into adding a section on to main site under the platinum club banner.

There will be lulls during the closed season as we all head off on holidays but hopefully enough info during the league campaign to keep everyone informed of all the goings on at Balmoor. 

Its no bother, there is a section there already if you go to platinum club part it comes up with info but I think if you along the left of the info bar it give previous winners, think the last entry was 2016. Just mentioned it as a few folk used to check there as were not on the other social media sites. Well done anyway as lots of stuff that was well out of date has been attended to.

2 hours ago, TOONSER said:

The biggest issue I was having with the club’s online presence was the silence after we were relegated. Fair enough the club was in a bit of limbo but we had not idea who we had signed and who wasn't. There was no build up about any of the friendlies we played, a bit of excitement could have been generated for the game against Fraserburgh which may have helped convince people to buy into things. Since the League Cup started it has picked up again and I have been impressed with what has been put out but it often feels like we are left in the dark. For example, there has been nothing on there about the new strip (home or away - does anyone actually know what out away strip is?), that could be a chance there to drum up some sales which is being missed as there is no info on where to buy them or how much they cost. The season ticket info was also out of date until a few days after they had gone on sale, so although we knew they were on sale it was unclear how much they would cost. Also, there often seems to be articles in the newspapers that have info that is not available on line. A number of times I have found things out on here as it has been in the P&J, not everyone reads these papers so if there is info going into the press it would be good to see it online also. I get that as a volunteer you may be limited to what content you can post and what questions you can answer so for me the criticism is levelled more towards the club than you and any others who do their best to help the club out. One unrelated example the other day is a friend phoning the club looking to buy a new strip for her son's birthday and being told by Martin that he would only open the club shop on matchdays. She has gone and got her son something else for his birthday instead as there is no home game before his birthday. It is this attitude that I have seen a few times from the club where they don't seem to make any effort to generate sales.

As for Facebook the club site never answers questions which are posted to it. Myself and other have posted questions on there and not received replies. Apart from that the Facebook has been a lot better the last few weeks. I also think that our highlights are some of the best I have seen at this level so I have no complaints about that at all.

Now don't think I don't appreciate the work that is done buy you and other volunteers, and as I said I do think it has improved greatly in the last few weeks so please keep up the good work.

Apologies for the long reply and I hope that there may  be something constructive in there for you.

15 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Jack Leitch signed

Noticed that, don't really know anything about other than whats on the site, say midfielder think we are starting to be overloaded there, a couple defenders would balance the squad better.

2 hours ago, TOONSER said:

The match reports and highlights are generally excellent. The news feed tends to come in bursts with sometimes periods  of nothing at all. Think there needs to be more consistency between website/facebook/twitter e.g the meeting with Jim next Friday is on fb & twitter but not on the website news feed. I think most people going to the website will go to the news page first.

The audio match previews with Jim used to be really good with his thoughts on the game ahead. The Annan text preview is ok in that it actually has some team news but it's not always been the case. The match preview link on the website is also well out of date.

The first team squad bit on the website has been updated a bit recently but would be better having all the squad there and maybe a bit on info about each when you click on their name.

The squad pictures need updating with players showing that have left the club months ago.

On the fb page I agree with Newblue that questions are never answered and also some inappropriate comments are just left.  I am admin on a few fb pages (not football related) and fb is the most interactive bit of all the media but also needs the most control. I would never allow some of the comments to remain on an official page.

Also agree with Newblue re the shirts. First time anyone saw one was on the pitch. Very poorly advertised and an opportunity missed to promote the club and presumably generate income.  The shop being only open on matchdays is ridiculous. There used to be an online shop which is no more but it is fairly straightforward to set up with orders for shirts and other merchandise being sent out either by someone at the club or by arrangement with Justrite (do they still sell club stuff?) or whoever.

As has been said, no way are any comments personal attacks on anyone. Just suggestions to help the club be more interactive and professional.

Thank you for all your feedback, I'll try to address the points raised going forward.

Blueone, as far as I can see the squad photos are all updated and current - is there a page that I am missing that needs looked at? I will update the squad photo (have had to wait until they are all together for this one but have a new one now).

The meeting with Jim is also on the front page of the website as the twitter feed runs on there also for all those not on that social media.

Looking at the match preview page, it may be redundant with the news feed showing all the news on upcoming matches and could be removed - thoughts?

With regards to the club shop, I think that this was a problem last season with having them sold in a different location from the office so the front office has undergone a refurbishment so that an area can be set aside for strips sales so hopefully that will sort that problem out for the new season.

I think it's worth remembering though that there are very few full-time employees at the club (2/3), it's mainly part-time waiting/bar staff, volunteers and a board of directors who also have jobs of their own. When the season ends is when the management and directors go on holiday in order to return for pre-season. There probably was a silence surrounding the club at the end of the season as not only were there disappointed fans but also a club, management and board of directors who put in a long hard slog all season to keep the club running that were also gutted. Think there was some licking of wounds before everything could get up and running again. Preparation for the new season is then frantic - not only is there the signing of players but also advertising board renewals, corporate sponsorship to sell, ground maintenance, seating allocation, match-day sponsorship and all the administration and Hampden visits required as members of the SPFL. All this is a mammoth task to get ready for the new season so some things do tend to get neglected as other priorities take over, will try to improve on this with more info from behind the scenes.

Social media is a tricky one, there were obviously disgruntled fans at the end of the season and will be at all times over many different topics but they are entitled to have their say without censorship. Obviously any post using foul language will be deleted but as the fans contribute greatly to the club they should be allowed to voice their opinions. I know that private messages are answered, not sure about posts being missed but will keep an eye. 

Lets look forward to hopefully a great season!

Archived