PETERHEAD - 17/18 Season

As there appears to be no change to our management team for the season. Can we;

Start the season with at least 4 recognised defenders signed (not loaned)?

Can we play our players in their right positions?

Can we stop punting long balls forward missing out our midfield of 5.?

If yes to all three then I'll be renewing my season ticket with a little expectation of a better season.  

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the few games I seen last season you could see they were missing Sutherland. They lacked the physicality and little bit of quality in the final 3rd once he left. Will hopefully get a good amount of entertaining high scoring games next season.

2 hours ago, cabbage74 said:

As there appears to be no change to our management team for the season. Can we;

Start the season with at least 4 recognised defenders signed (not loaned)?

Can we play our players in their right positions?

Can we stop punting long balls forward missing out our midfield of 5.?

If yes to all three then I'll be renewing my season ticket with a little expectation of a better season.  

Hopefully it won't be yes to all three. ;)

Disappointed we've let Ryan Strachan go. Thought he was one of the few positives from last season.

Surely not! He has been one of our better performers for the last couple of seasons! He will be tough to replace.

50 minutes ago, blueone said:

Disappointed we've let Ryan Strachan go. Thought he was one of the few positives from last season.

Unless there were problems behind the scenes, then this really does call into question the manager's ability to assess players.

We kept Jordan Brown FFS.

As Peterhead fans will be fully aware, they've got themselves a cracking player in Wullie Gibson. If the manager can keep him happy he'll stroll through the division.

Sighted travelling as his reason for leaving Dumbarton, then the not enough money on offer at Stranraer. I have a feeling it's more to do with a clash of personalities between him and Stevie Farrell.

10 hours ago, Aguerooooo said:

The money man Gibson strikes again! Show him a £ sign and he will be their in a flash. Drops a division as well for extra wonga. Greedy fucker.

Wife and family and mortgage,  great player.

No doubt it was time for an overhaul of the squad, seems to have turned into major surgery. Like a few on here the main surprize is Ryan Strachan not being involved, it may be some other reason that he is going but if Jim is confident that any players coming in are going to be better then we should be able to look forward to a much stronger defence this season. Honestly thought Ryan would take over as captain at the club.

13 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Willie Gibson also confirmed

That's a fantastic signing for this level if he keeps his head right. With Jamie Stevenson, Rory McAllister and Willie Gibson....that's pretty impressive on their day. 

Archived