Managers Making Step Up

On 15/06/2017 at 13:17, Denniston Afc said:

Very good club m8,uz worked hard for that promotion an obv u had great opportunity but declared it early on so lads knew.....Others left it to late and think that's were problem was....I spoke to ex manager when u had confirmed u was leaving telling him I wanted to come on board,he told me he would be in touch ,another team asked me if I was interested again I contacted him to tell him I was going to hold of to go to broomhouse if it was available again he told me it was fine he would be in touch,2 weeks ago I phoned him then text him,to no avail....

Can associate your point about people not responding to messages or calls. I have

experienced the same problem trying to find a club that would be interested in having

their goalkeepers taken for sessions, while managers and coaches concentrate on

their outfield players. I went through the same this time last year and explained that.

Was told I had a "chip on my shoulder". Far from it, just posted what had happened

as you have in full detail. I call it "a lack of courtesy". Plain and simple.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Paul M said:

Is this official they've folded ? Cause at the Caledonian agm last night they don't seem to think they've folded. They were in the league and both cup draws that were done last night...

Hope that is a sign they are going to get through this situation. Have done

exceptionally well since they left the Under-21 ranks.

8 hours ago, Paul M said:

Is this official they've folded ? Cause at the Caledonian agm last night they don't seem to think they've folded. They were in the league and both cup draws that were done last night...

We phoned them on Sat,looking for a pre=season friendly and was told they have folded

I think would compete, add it bit more experience at that level would help. We would probably need to change aspects of how we play, and find different ways of winning games at times. When we play most Junior teams it's on 4g that suits us and our style of play. Plus it's friendlies so it's difficult to really judge but we played the Scottish junior champions this season and competed ok.
In terms of the gap, I think there are loads of amatuer players that could play junior football. As for full teams going in at that level is a different story all together. And then we are talking about different leagues so there loads of things to take in to consideration. 
What I certainly don't understand is good amatuer players going to lower level juniors teams for not a lot of money and achieving nothing, as I player I never seen the attraction. But that just my thoughts  sure there are loads of people out there that would disagree with me. 

No offence mate but what aload of shite, so basically ure saying lower level senior players are wasting there time they should drop down to top level junior just to "win something" and what of those amateur players who are in the position where they won't ever win anything, what should they do? Stop playing? Ure arrogance is unbelievable. If your so called superstars had anything about them they would be playing at the highest level possible for as long as possible. Amature football's about playing with your mates (real mates) or playing with where your from and after the game go tae the boozer forget abt the result and get pished. But as you say that's my opinion and some will disagree

No offence taken mate.

I didn't say senior players should drop anywhere. 

My point was that I didn't see the point in good amatuer players leaving good amateurs teams to play with with poor junior teams.

And no offence mate but your description of amatuer football, is a load of shite. Go to the pub get pissed foget about the result. Amatuer clubs and players are passionate about football of course the result matters. It should matter at every level of football. 

Oh and one thing I ain't is arrogant mate 

40 minutes ago, stfu said:

No offence mate but what aload of shite, so basically ure saying lower level senior players are wasting there time they should drop down to top level junior just to "win something" and what of those amateur players who are in the position where they won't ever win anything, what should they do? Stop playing? Ure arrogance is unbelievable. If your so called superstars had anything about them they would be playing at the highest level possible for as long as possible. Amature football's about playing with your mates (real mates) or playing with where your from and after the game go tae the boozer forget abt the result and get pished. But as you say that's my opinion and some will disagree

Dont know that many ammy players nowadays that goto the club and forget the result. Game is a lot more serious than ever. If we lose a game then majority of our club are fuming most of week never mind forgetting about result that day. Unless you dont really give a F***. 

No offence taken mate.
I didn't say senior players should drop anywhere. 
My point was that I didn't see the point in good amatuer players leaving good amateurs teams to play with with poor junior teams.
And no offence mate but your description of amatuer football, is a load of shite. Go to the pub get pissed foget about the result. Amatuer clubs and players are passionate about football of course the result matters. It should matter at every level of football. 
Oh and one thing I ain't is arrogant mate 

Really! The amount of teams folding these days due to commitment would suggest players don't care as much as years ago. A bet there's hundreds of players out there can relate to that description, yes we all love the game and want to win but like I said before not everyone is fortunate or good enough however you want to put it to be in a position to win anything. Anyway that's my opinion.

A team in the central 1st. I think the aim is to try build a pathway from the amateurs to feed into the juniors possibly younger guys and stuff so they can watch them first hand.

A believe broomhouse lost 4 to vale of Clyde and anything between 7/10 to shettleston juniors not the amateurs.

I'm broomhouse secretary

Thanks for all your support during a hard time for the club

We will compete in the caley premier next season . The club was obviously decimated by the loss of 14 players and 2 coaches and were on the brink of folding

We hold no grudges  with the players and coaches who have left and wish them well in the future

We have now got a strong committee and management in place and are rebuilding our squad

Hope this clarifies the situation

I'm broomhouse secretary
Thanks for all your support during a hard time for the club
We will compete in the caley premier next season . The club was obviously decimated by the loss of 14 players and 2 coaches and were on the brink of folding
We hold no grudges  with the players and coaches who have left and wish them well in the future
We have now got a strong committee and management in place and are rebuilding our squad
Hope this clarifies the situation

Don't tell me you had the cheek to get a new manager in and keep the club going without first consulting with your ex goalkeeper first?? Surely you should have kept him in the loop to avoid him coming on and having a dig at you for doing nothing to stop the club folding. [emoji23]
Well done for what must have been a difficult time for you and handled very well I may say.

Archived