Managers Making Step Up

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its true keith has left to join cotter at shettelston and james has left to  take over at vale of clyde. Myself and 3 or so boys declared weeks back that we would be leaving to go with james and with keith just announcing a few days ago hes joining shettelston looks like a big number of the boys will be joining him am hoping that club can have a new manager in and hopefully add to the boys who are staying 

Who is James mate? Is Willie Torrance still involved at Broomhouse?

James skinner ex wellhouse gaffer ... And no wullie is not involved anymore but still keeps in touch to see how the lads are doing ... The boys who have chose to follow Keith to shetto will do just fine they are all top drawer but me and few of the lads look foward to the fresh challange ahead thats going on at vale of clyde

James skinner ex wellhouse gaffer ... And no wullie is not involved anymore but still keeps in touch to see how the lads are doing ... The boys who have chose to follow Keith to shetto will do just fine they are all top drawer but me and few of the lads look foward to the fresh challange ahead thats going on at vale of clyde

That's a shock. From what your saying it sounds like there are hardly many players left. No disrespect to who are left but it's highly likely all the best ones are moving on. Going to be hard to rebuild especially in a higher league?

22 hours ago, Donscott22 said:

Hopefully can get bodies in to help keep the club running not good seeing good amateur teams fold. What players have left to try their hand in the juniors ? 

Am no wanting to name names the now as am not 100% sure if they have signed yet but could be a good 7-8 possibly goin with keith to shetto. And myself and 2 others have chose to go with james to the the vale of clyde but fingers crossed they can get a new gaffer in soon and hopefully attract some players cause its a great club

I know it happens at all levels but pisses me off when a manager basically takes his full old squad to his new team. 2/3 fair enough but when it starts to effect that teams ability to have a team I think it's just total disregard. I know most will disagree but Happend to my old team 2 years back and they ended up folding !

12 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I know it happens at all levels but pisses me off when a manager basically takes his full old squad to his new team. 2/3 fair enough but when it starts to effect that teams ability to have a team I think it's just total disregard. I know most will disagree but Happend to my old team 2 years back and they ended up folding !

I agree but james told the squad month or two ago gave us a heads up and me and 2 others agreed back then we would go at end of the season but  the hole shettelston ones a hard one to take for the club cause its came at such short notice and leaves club struggling to get a manager and players in as they only told the club last week they were all leaving but on the other hand cant deny them the chance they have its a good opportunity and keiths gave 21years to the club so must have been tough for him but like a said maybe a chance he couldny let pass just a pitty its all happend so sudden 

The move to the Vale makes sense, as I think they need to build the club from the ground up so James will be given time to see that through. I can't understand the Shettleston move they seem to change their management team with regular occurrence. That seems a more risky move. But you can't stand in people way if the want a change 

Suppose it all depends how the season pans out for them at shettleston. Big step up from amateur to the super first so could possibly struggle in the early parts of the season. But if they start well with a couple of good results would give them a lot of confidence. Time will tell what decision was best but hopefully broomhouse can keep a team going to compete in the cally premier next season.

I agree but james told the squad month or two ago gave us a heads up and me and 2 others agreed back then we would go at end of the season but  the hole shettelston ones a hard one to take for the club cause its came at such short notice and leaves club struggling to get a manager and players in as they only told the club last week they were all leaving but on the other hand cant deny them the chance they have its a good opportunity and keiths gave 21years to the club so must have been tough for him but like a said maybe a chance he couldny let pass just a pitty its all happend so sudden 

Can't argue with any of that

My take n it is I did tell Keith and all Sqaud  a couple months back that I would Be leaving if I got chance to go junior . Which I lucky enough did and now at vale of Clyde . Offered Keith to take all broomhouse boys with me and him  but he declined reason for he wanted cotter his cousin to come on board to but at that point I all ready spoke with Gerry Mcgregor who in my opinion is the best for me to learn the junior game of off .as I'm new to it. I do hope broomhouse keep going as we worked hard to get promoted to the caly premier that season . I hope it works out for Keith and all boys at shettleston  and there stay isn't  short lived like previous 3 or 4 managers .

46 minutes ago, Michael Kennedy said:

The move to the Vale makes sense, as I think they need to build the club from the ground up so James will be given time to see that through. I can't understand the Shettleston move they seem to change their management team with regular occurrence. That seems a more risky move. But you can't stand in people way if the want a  

Thats exactly what i said to some of the boys but i guess they want to follow keith or the chance of a better league but i personally prefer the sound of the challange ahead the fresh start at vale and the fact james will have time ther to try build a winning club and his plans for the club wher exciting  like u said shetto are known for just getting rid of managers but hopefully all works out well for them ther and they do well ... Well done again m8 to the lads getting treble last nyt superb 

5 minutes ago, Donscott22 said:

Thats exactly what i said to some of the boys but i guess they want to follow keith or the chance of a better league but i personally prefer the sound of the challange ahead the fresh start at vale and the fact james will have time ther to try build a winning club and his plans for the club wher exciting  like u said shetto are known for just getting rid of managers but hopefully all works out well for them ther and they do well ... Well done again m8 to the lads getting treble last nyt superb 

Cheers mate 

It's a hard one for players but I think if a Manager or Coach has any respect for the Club that effectively got him his chance of a move up then he should repay that. Don't know what the magic number should be to take with you but I do think 7 or 8 is taking the piss. That, in my opinion, shows a total disregard and lack of loyalty for their old team. I know I'll get slaughtered for this but taking 2 or 3 and letting your club survive would show a bit more class.

On 06/06/2017 at 22:20, Donscott22 said:

Willie Torrance  finished the season as the Under-17 Coach at Dumbarton.

F.C.

Their entire youth set-up,with teams under-13,14,15 and 17 has folded.

Willie, I hear, is set for a coaching position at Motherwell F.C.

Archived