Managers Making Step Up

It's always good to see guys make the step up to manage Junior etc. But it can have a real bad impact on the vlubs they leave. Postal suffered when they lost their management team, Broomhouse have lost manager and assistant to 2 different Junior sides and EK side from the Central have lost theirs to the local Junior team. Also hearing Broomhouse guts have taken over 10 players between them. Would imagine EK guys will take likewise. Going to be a difficult season ahead for these teams.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

It's always good to see guys make the step up to manage Junior etc. But it can have a real bad impact on the vlubs they leave. Postal suffered when they lost their management team, Broomhouse have lost manager and assistant to 2 different Junior sides and EK side from the Central have lost theirs to the local Junior team. Also hearing Broomhouse guts have taken over 10 players between them. Would imagine EK guys will take likewise. Going to be a difficult season ahead for these teams.

That's a pity as EK were a really good side on there day, pity. Broomhouse a hadn't seen but saw there manager went junior. Also sure it was mentioned on here before that Greenock  took the Gourock and Greenock HSFP managers. 

Postal manager left them after getting relegated from the central premier, spent a year doing the Central select team, short spell at Gartcosh and now runs Maryhill juniors. Postal got an immediate promotion the Year after relegation due to Drum Utd folding, when probably staying in the lower league might have been more beneficial to them. 

Hopefully these good amateur clubs can regroup and we don't see anymore of them going to the wall 

Where have Broomhouse management gone? Which manager has left EK?

1 of them from broomhouse will be assistant to cotter at shettleston juniors and I'm told EK central management team have went to EK juniors and they're likely to take a fair few players with them.

Don't know the guys name from EK, apparently announced today. Getting it 3rd hand. The Manager & coaches from EK Central team to the local EK Junior team. I'll ask my mate in EK.

Alan paterson from ek amatures to ek thistle.

I suppose it's part of football. When managers are succeful they attract attention. The other issue is with there not being lots of money around in the junior game and the gap closer than ever to amateur football. These guys have built good footballing sides with no budget, then there an obvious attraction 

I'm really happy at Colville, I have a fantastic committee, backroom team and a  really talented squad I love managing 

Dodged like a pro big guy lol you'd do well in front of the sky sports cameras lol

8 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Dodged like a pro big guy lol you'd do well in front of the sky sports cameras lol

I'm being honest, i have brought a lot of the player to the club. I ask the for a 100&% commitment to what I'm trying to build and achieve it would be right to walk away from that 

Its true keith has left to join cotter at shettelston and james has left to  take over at vale of clyde. Myself and 3 or so boys declared weeks back that we would be leaving to go with james and with keith just announcing a few days ago hes joining shettelston looks like a big number of the boys will be joining him am hoping that club can have a new manager in and hopefully add to the boys who are staying 

26 minutes ago, Donscott22 said:

Its true keith has left to join cotter at shettelston and james has left to  take over at vale of clyde. Myself and 3 or so boys declared weeks back that we would be leaving to go with james and with keith just announcing a few days ago hes joining shettelston looks like a big number of the boys will be joining him am hoping that club can have a new manager in and hopefully add to the boys who are staying 

Do you think Broomhouse will keep going? Must be difficult to replace nearly an entire team.

I hope so me and 80% of the boys have been ther on and off since around 7years old up through boys club ect so i hope so spesh for the clun secretery russell whos much time effort and hard work over the years. So fingers crossed players can come in 

Archived