FIFA 18

FifeArab

Aye, got Inzaghi [emoji38] 

He cost me about 120k because I had a load of players in my club. Would have been gutted if he was full price tbh. He’s actually been really good to play with. 

Ive got quite a lot of players in my club too so reckon I'll do at least one. Might wait till tomorrow to see if prices of players comes down after increase today on 82-85.

On the flip side, I might buy 89 Dybala as he has come down in price.

I'm guessing there will be no league sbcs tomorrow now because of this.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Single Player Squad Battles seemed like it wasn't under the same kind of scripting that the online games were, but after the last week or so, it very much is.  Two days ago I managed to play my 4 games, absolutely pump the two weaker sides, and get two great wins against the stronger ones.  Come on yesterday and I can't get near any of the sides I play, even taking a 4-2 defeat from a side rated 10 less than me with chemistry in the 30s.  The favourite trick appears to be the super keeper, taking shots that would have gone in the day before, and saving by parrying them into the perfect safe position.  If they're not doing that, then they're playing crisp triangles around me or executing standing tackles that I don't appear to have any chance of countering.  

Is it too much to ask for the game just to reward you being actually good at the game?  If I get beaten because I'm simply not very good - which does happen - then I'm fine with that, but it's the huge swings you get.

You’re not the first person to complain about squad battles yesterday. Rumours being issues with the sliders which seem to be the most logical reason. Happened early in the mode too. I never play it though so I can’t really comment whether I’ve noticed it or not but my brother in law lost 2/4 games yesterday despite never losing on Squad Battles for months. He plays legendary and one match he lost was on World Class.

You’re not the first person to complain about squad battles yesterday. Rumours being issues with the sliders which seem to be the most logical reason. Happened early in the mode too. I never play it though so I can’t really comment whether I’ve noticed it or not but my brother in law lost 2/4 games yesterday despite never losing on Squad Battles for months. He plays legendary and one match he lost was on World Class.

Yeah it was the same for me yesterday. Played a couple of 75 rated teams with 50/60 chemistry and drew one and lost one. They’re teams I was beating 3/4-0 last week. So they’ve done something that’s made the AI impossible to play against, it’s like running into a brick wall.

CR7 is awesome, however Henry still outplays him. His low driven shots with his left foot always scuff across the face of the goal. Could this be due to 7 chem?

He has scored 31 goals in 18 games so I can’t complain. He’s unbelievable in the air. 

Im just resigned to accepting I won’t find anyone as good as Henry to play beside him as I am nowhere near affording R94 or R96 once released. 

EB1A448C-361D-439B-A9EC-7384025AA5DE.png

I took my first Squad Battles loss for over a week last night, but can’t have too many complaints really. I was playing a 90 rated team and got Berardi sent off early.

The thing I’ve noticed about the scripting is you never seem to get pumped by it, they seem to go 2-0 up and just sort of sit back from there, then if you happen to score they’ll just go straight up the park and score another.

31 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I tried to play squad battles for a day then sacked it. I find playing against the computer absolutely shite. It’s boring as f**k.

Its appeal is its through the week. Weekend League takes over the whle weekend. So if you want a few pack rewards then Squad Battles is easier to play although as you say can be boring.

Im sick of playing 4-2-3-1 where the two holding players make it a back 6 especially when Bakayoko is involved. impossible to break down then seem to have 6/7 options when they go forward.

Yesterday the coumpter only needed two passes then a first time shot which always flew in regardless of where the defenders were.

Thinking of swapping Giovinco and Pirlo SBCs for 87 Mertens and 87 SMS.

Will be a sad time for the MLS duo but I think it makes my team stronger overall.

SIF Sirigu

IF De Silvertre
Barzagli
Chiellini
86 Rodriguez

Sif bonaventura
Marchisio
TIF SMS

89 Dybala

88 Immobile
87 Mertens

I prefer Squad Battles as I find the teams play a bit more like they would in a game of football, rather than just searching for whatever way to best exploit the engine.  In the early days I was getting really good matches, beating the AI narrowly on higher difficulty levels than I'd be able to manage.  Also seemed to suffer less from wild swings in results and be more ability based.  That's crept back in recently though.

Just find the online games far too random, and the thought of some smug wee c**t sitting on the other end as they form sweaty attack after sweaty attack is too annoying.

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Thinking of swapping Giovinco and Pirlo SBCs for 87 Mertens and 87 SMS.

Will be a sad time for the MLS duo but I think it makes my team stronger overall.

SIF Sirigu

IF De Silvertre
Barzagli
Chiellini
86 Rodriguez

Sif bonaventura
Marchisio
TIF SMS

89 Dybala

88 Immobile
87 Mertens

Barzagli is dreadful. Manolas is the way forward and he’s rumoured for an 86 Fut Birthday upgrade. 

I prefer Squad Battles as I find the teams play a bit more like they would in a game of football, rather than just searching for whatever way to best exploit the engine.  In the early days I was getting really good matches, beating the AI narrowly on higher difficulty levels than I'd be able to manage.  Also seemed to suffer less from wild swings in results and be more ability based.  That's crept back in recently though.
Just find the online games far too random, and the thought of some smug wee c**t sitting on the other end as they form sweaty attack after sweaty attack is too annoying.

This.

58 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I really like him but that may be through loyalty more than anything. Think his positioning and tackling are class.

My friend is like that with Alderweireld. He’s brutal to play against with him however any time I use him or come up against him any other time, he’s dreadful. I reckon people just like their own players. 

Florenzi for me, is a superstar. I love the guy on this game. 

My friend is like that with Alderweireld. He’s brutal to play against with him however any time I use him or come up against him any other time, he’s dreadful. I reckon people just like their own players. 
Florenzi for me, is a superstar. I love the guy on this game. 

Seen the 86 birthday florenzi they've released?

I switch happily between him and IF desilvestre

Archived