FIFA 18

FifeArab

3 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

What happens in the few months leading up to the new FIFA? Is there a big market crash with everyone selling. Can you carry your coins from game to game?

No you will start from 0 again when the new game is out. which is why FIFA Points are the most pointless thing going but making EA Millions.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Motherfuckers. Any idea how long they support the game after the new one comes out?

Knowing them i would throw a guess at 6 months then take it off to ensure everyone goes and buys the new version.

Yeah Ultimate team is the same every year you start from nothing and build it up. You get a couple free packs to start off with but they still push Fifa Point promotions because £50 isnt enough for a game these days. I honestly dont understand why people are launching +£100 at packs to then need to repeat the following year. Not like the players are cash valued now as EA put a end to the Trade option they originally had on the game to swap players as people where just buying the actual player they wanted with cash.

Knowing them i would throw a guess at 6 months then take it off to ensure everyone goes and buys the new version.

Yeah Ultimate team is the same every year you start from nothing and build it up. You get a couple free packs to start off with but they still push Fifa Point promotions because £50 isnt enough for a game these days. I honestly dont understand why people are launching +£100 at packs to then need to repeat the following year. Not like the players are cash valued now as EA put a end to the Trade option they originally had on the game to swap players as people where just buying the actual player they wanted with cash.

Well that’s gutting. I didn’t really expect better from EA, but I was hoping I could still use my team and FIFA 18 cause I don’t want to be in the habit of getting it every year. I had a two year break from it and came back to it and I’m really enjoying it.

Yeah I’ve but a few packs but never got anything particularly useful. Don’t see the appeal especially when you consider you can’t keep the team for more than 18 months.

Well that’s gutting. I didn’t really expect better from EA, but I was hoping I could still use my team and FIFA 18 cause I don’t want to be in the habit of getting it every year. I had a two year break from it and came back to it and I’m really enjoying it.

You'll be able to play FIFA 18 and Ultimate Team online for a good few years yet; about a year ago, before I gave my PS3 away, I took Darren Bent and Arouna Koné for one last spin on FIFA 13. They were just as wonderful as I remembered them to be :wub:

I've not really gotten into FIFA this year, and I'm not totally sure why. The player movement (particularly off the ball) just feels a little bit too sluggish compared with last year's edition and I don't think I've quite forgiven them for how bad the game was at launch (ping-pong passing a la PES in the mid-00s). It feels a bit as though they're really trying to push the whole eSports side of things, and have made this game far easier to score and concede goals in to try and make the competitive gameplay more exciting - you used to see "professional" games played on the old FIFAs and they would be the most cagey, defensive and low-scoring and, resultantly, guff games imaginable. I've still played a fair bit of Pro Clubs with mates but that's always just a piss-about; last year I think I must've done about four or five full Weekend Leagues across the year and placed Elite 1 twice with my two cheap and overpowered 20k coin teams in rotation. Not even entered WL once this year - did a week or two of squad battles (for my money, a very good addition) and then got sick of the gameplay and predictability you get with the CPU and chucked it. I haven't even started a career mode save, something I normally do in every FIFA to with the current worst team in England.

In saying all this, I've returned recently after the revelation that has been Fortnite to play a bit of UT and enjoyed it a wee bit more after all the updates have changed the passing. I'm sitting in Division 4 online (pissing my way through it, truthfully) with two fairly-solid-but-wholly-unspectacular teams in rotation, but have mostly been playing drafts with my accumulated coins. Draft mode is a total waste if you're looking to profit from it, as even the winners' packs return risible garbage, but it's great fun to do and I don't really have any use for all the coins anyway. I felt like I had to make a post here this evening as in my latest draft squad I have: TOTY Ronaldo, Hero Messi, IF Hazard, IF Neymar, TOTY Modric, TOTY Marcelo and a 94 David De Gea. By Christ, some of the cards are remarkable and pretty much play the game for you. In the second round I just played before heading offline there, Ronaldo scored four goals before the inevitable half time rage quit (two of which were obscenely, physically-impossibly rocketed front post headers from corners). I can only imagine how many goals I'd score with him if I had him in my club, but that doesn't really bear thinking about.

I read through this thread quite often and occasionally get jealous seeing some of the pack luck you lads get and the teams you put together. I don't and never seem to have the patience to put together a good, expensive team with special/high-rated cards, but I think I've always just gotten pleasure from using cheap/unfancied players and beating far more impressive teams with them (getting seething messages about "handicap" being on my side has always been a laugh). Usually if I have won Division 1 then I just put everything into opening packs before starting afresh from Division 10 in a new club after I, shockingly, don't pack any players worth millions of coins.

Deep down, I just wish I was 16 again and selling my UT coins on eBay to the utter mugs who would buy them. I didn't know how good I had it with Darren Bent back then.

I'm considering a self imposed protest at people pausing the game before kick off by just quitting when they pause. I'm fed up with it, it's nonsense and totally defeats the purpose of FUT. 

Going to sacrifice my DNF as a protest. I gain nothing, nothing will change, but I can't be bothered with it anymore. The "pro's" seem to condone it too, so I doubt it will change in 19. 

On 27/02/2018 at 14:01, Mr. Brightside said:

Yeah I’ve but a few packs but never got anything particularly useful. Don’t see the appeal especially when you consider you can’t keep the team for more than 18 months.

As has been said you can play this game for another year. Problem is a fair chunk of people leave so getting match ups can be the problem. 

Starter packs are generally rancid, pretty much to force you to spend money on fifa points to build a decent squad early on. You're better staying in division ten for a month because the first month is just all the kids spending £200 to get Ronaldo while you've still got bronze players in the squad. 

Stopped playing Fifa last month, weekend League was becoming extremely stressful and the gameplay was so slow and boring. It was becoming very repetitive with trading, sbc’s etc. I started playing other games e.g Fortnite and enjoyed that much more than sweating out on Fifa.

12 hours ago, Mayos Noun said:

He’s a pain in the ring to play against. My pal uses him at cm in the middle of a three in the 4312 formation. 

I'm playing him (86) to the right of a 3 in that formation and he's a complete beast. Got an engine card on him and his stats are unreal. I think 82 defending is his worst stat, 86 interceptions and 95 heading, however, make up for that. 

I swapped 86 Bonaventura for him and I'd say it was definitely worth it. He does everything Bonaventura does but better, IMO. 

I actually lost about 30k on him because I bought him and then he had a stormer on Sunday and now has a TIF, but I'm not bothered about losing coins on him. He does all of Pirlos work for him so the great man doesn't have to run. 

Is it just me or have Custom Tactics ruined the game?

Squad battles now filled with defensive teams who win the ball deep and seem to have 5 or 6 forward on the corner running straight past the defence. Its beginning to be very boring to play against and its been over patched aswell so when teams are losing they dont commit forward to get back into the game.

Archived