• Last Reply
15 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Just packed Blanc, Okocha and  Mattheus from the new SBC :thumsup2

Take it thats the World Cup one?

I got Nakata as my first icon

1 hour ago, The Ginger Prince said:

IMG_2023.jpg

Fairly happy with this tbh.

Fair bit better than mine tbh. Haven’t really been fucked with World Cup mode so far though :lol:

3B3C2ED1-2411-45E1-97D9-A4AE6A4CAF54.thumb.jpeg.b3250023a2dd8ef102b51710875a0d36.jpeg

I’ve got Suarez too but when I took the screenshot I’d just put the duplicate in the icon sbc :lol:

Just packed Ronaldhino and Klose.  So I have Maradona and Klose up top. 

Ronaldhino at CAM with Okocha and Matthaus behind with Blanc shoring up the defence.

Pretty pleased with that.

The first squad I face has a front 3 of Ronaldo, Ronaldo and Pele.

Bugger.

Need to get back into WC mode.  I am unbelievably shit at it though.  Last time I breezed through the groups, and then fought through to the semis with the AI taking a step up.  Then got absolutely cuffed off a rampant German side.  You can not touch the difficulty levels at all and get wildly different experiences at the moment.  Maybe one day they'll actually make a FIFA that manages to keep a consistent difficulty level rather than just deciding what's going to happen and fitting the game around it.

Spent a lot of time last week grinding through the Bundesliga and MLS SBCs to pick up Thiago and Giovinco.  Think I managed to complete the two of them with around a 25k net spend, so not too bad at all.  Now just the 86 rated squad away from getting Zanetti, first icon I'll have ever had a chance to get.  Wanted Matthaus as he'd fit in far better chemistry wise, but no way am I ever going to get the coins for that.  Also managed to get Naldo and Immobile as part of the Ultimate TOTS, so at least I rounded out the TOTS period on a high with my hybrid Serie A/Bundesliga team.

On 10/06/2018 at 00:50, The Saintee said:

Just packed Ronaldhino and Klose.  So I have Maradona and Klose up top. 

Ronaldhino at CAM with Okocha and Matthaus behind with Blanc shoring up the defence.

Pretty pleased with that.

The first squad I face has a front 3 of Ronaldo, Ronaldo and Pele.

Bugger.

Not played much of the World Cup Ut. Is it not a bit shite if every just has a team of icons?

Threw a large percentage of my coins at WC packs then all the players into icon SBC. This gave me a icon team of Yashin, puyol, blanc, Bobby Moore, okocha, matteus, hernandez, linekar, klose, Jakarta, maradona.

neymar also got a game for chemistry. Won the World Cup online with ease so guess I have completed the mode now.

I've gotten really bored with the WC mode.  Seemed great at the start, but that repeatable Icon SBC just breaks things unless you're willing to drop a lot of coins and time into it.  If there was more to do that wouldn't be a problem, but offline tournaments vary wildly based on what kind of AI you'll face, and online you're now bound to come up against teams full of icons.  Much preferring the main mode at the moment.

Spunked all my decent players in World Cup mode on the icon upgrade and got Klose and Nakata. Absolutely shite. I’ve already got Henry as an Icon so Klose doesn’t really fit in and Nakata plays a bit meh.

Archived