FIFA 18

FifeArab

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threw Rabiot TOTS at the Calcio A one and got Handanovic. Then went and picked up a Lopes TOTS and threw him at Ligue 1 ending up with Falcao.

I find the World Cup UT un playable. back to the mega squads picking up some good players for cheap.

World Cup faults

- Lack of Movement
- Shooting is worse
- Delay when tackling
- Clueless Marking
- Piss Poor Passing
- Slowed gameplay

I was going to ask, have they slowed the game down across the board?  It's really noticeable in WC mode, but I assumed it was being exacerbated because you start with absolutely piss poor players.  But going back to the main mode, my team definitely does seem a bit more sluggish, and that's one with pacey players all over the place.

Generally though, I'm still enjoying WC mode.  I've yet to play online, just a few single player tournament games so far, but it's quite refreshing being back to having to deal with a relatively poor team.  But the aforementioned pace dip makes it a bit tedious, and momentum swings are back with a vengeance.  Has anyone else noticed the game swinging wildly about halfway through?  The first two games I played in the mode were polar opposites.  First I played Iceland, and my team of jobbers just couldn't get near them for the first half.  Half finished 2-0 and I was lucky to get that.  Around the hour mark things seemed to switch.  Iceland started missing chances and passes, and I grew into it.  80th minute I got one back through my lone striker, 82nd minute he got another and was suddenly unplayable.  They nicked a winner in stoppage time as I pushed.  Second game was the complete opposite.  I played Argentina off the park, racing into a 2-0 lead but just couldn't put them away.  Then miraculously I started struggling and Argentina battered through us to get a point.  I know it's always been in the game, but it seems to have been turned up several notches here.  

Basically though, it just seems to suffer from the same issues the main game does.  It's enjoyable enough most of the time, but the AI and Match Engine are still massively lacking.

31 minutes ago, Yonas said:

Threw Rabiot TOTS at the Calcio A one

Rabiot has been my favourite TOTS player so far. Not necessarily the best but the one I've enjoyed most. Obviously, if he doesn't fit your team it makes no difference.

He is soon to be paired with Patrick Viera as I only have the 87 rated team left to finish his SBC.

10 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Rabiot has been my favourite TOTS player so far. Not necessarily the best but the one I've enjoyed most. Obviously, if he doesn't fit your team it makes no difference.

He is soon to be paired with Patrick Viera as I only have the 87 rated team left to finish his SBC.

Never fit in the Squads

My two 11s are
De Gea

TOTS Young
Bailly
TOTS Cheillini
Florenzi

Marchisio
Pogba
SBC De Bryune

IF Son
TOTS Kane
TOTS Sterling

-------------------------------
Navas

Carvjeal
Ramos
Thiago Silva
IF Marcal

Casemiro
TOTS Verratti

Neymar
TOTS Dybala (Loan) //88 Dyabala in Club
Bale

IF Higuain

End game teams really unless can pick up special versions on the cheap as not got much coins left over.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Aye the World Cupdate is fucking woeful. The players barely jog never mind run and they cannot shoot.

The gameplay is absolutely stinking. Absolutely no difference in pace between players with 92 pace and like 74 pace

Got Henry 93 as my icon in the World Cup mode. Boys pace is unreal. I've actually picked up a few really good players but I can't fit them all in due to the bad chemistry.

Chemistry definitely seems to be a much bigger thing here.  I was playing initially with a real mash-up of a team, but focused now on getting it high with an all-Europe team.  Unfortunately, first team I played with it was a quarter final against Germany, and they absolutely pummeled us 5-1.  AI swings wildly between being relentless and hopeless.

Packed Maradona in the Icon SBC so I'm taking the chem hit and playing him front and center to try and get someone who can actually kick a ball properly.  Couple of players away from some of the other SBCs that I'll hopefully fill in once I've played a few more games.

Trust the market to crash just as I pretty much dumped all of my coins across the WC/Serie A Upgrades/TOTS.  I've got the team I want in the main mode with only a few dream cards to get, but only about 12k left in the bank.  Probably enough to do a couple of the minor SBCs, but...what's the point really?  Imagine Ultimate TOTS (is that next up?) will be well beyond me.

Interesting findings from some research paper, looking into the link between gambling and FIFA.  Spent 3800 Euros in total on packs (fucking hell, Universities are spending money well, aren't they?) and the results do not look good for EA

Full results are here on Reddit, but boils down to a vast, vast majority of players being in the mid 70s, no icons whatsoever and a tiny percentage dropping with ratings in the high 80s/low 90s.  In total, including all the consumables he packed, the relative price he got back from the value of each card on futbin at the time of packing (not strictly reliable I guess) was 58% on average.

Of course,  unless any Governments actually come down on EA for this, they won't give a shit.  They'll just watch the millions roll in and maybe slightly adjust pack weights.  No matter how many people go into detail on the process and show it to be gambling, the house always wins.

Interesting findings from some research paper, looking into the link between gambling and FIFA.  Spent 3800 Euros in total on packs (fucking hell, Universities are spending money well, aren't they?) and the results do not look good for EA
Full results are here on Reddit, but boils down to a vast, vast majority of players being in the mid 70s, no icons whatsoever and a tiny percentage dropping with ratings in the high 80s/low 90s.  In total, including all the consumables he packed, the relative price he got back from the value of each card on futbin at the time of packing (not strictly reliable I guess) was 58% on average.
Of course,  unless any Governments actually come down on EA for this, they won't give a shit.  They'll just watch the millions roll in and maybe slightly adjust pack weights.  No matter how many people go into detail on the process and show it to be gambling, the house always wins.
EA are probably advisors to government regards gaming and pay them money.

Market crash is beautiful, really been struggling for Serie A wingers I enjoy. Futmas Berardi is alright but I never do well with him, never got the hype of Callejon, and my 88 Insigne is decent in lower divisions but is too weak in 1/2. 

86 Costa was signed last week and I'm loving him. Last night I got TOTS Chiesa for 24k though, he looks perfect for me, not used him yet though. 

Next target is a special Handanovic card. 

I was very tempted by Chiesa, but I'm sticking with Insigne playing on the right instead.  May well go back to the former though, looks like a good one.

After moving some stuff around and getting rid of Torreira (because he was no better than Marchisio next to him) I'm now looking at replacing Alaba with one of the Bundesliga TOTS left-backs.  Would leave my entire back 6 as TOTS with full chemistry.

Archived