NBA

Cerberus

5 hours ago, kiddy said:

Heat on for one too.

Nah, Scott Foster refereeing tonight and he knows his Mrs is thinking of Jimmy G Buckets in bed. See also him costing us game 2 vs the Knicks. 

Edited by carpetmonster

Boston beat themselves. I've no idea how Tatum got to play so much of the game obviously hobbled - whether he thought he was gonna have has Isaiah Thomas on one foot game or whether Mazzullo doesn't have the experience or clout to pull him out, I dunno. Caleb Martin was robbed of series MVP for Jimbo, although as a Heat fan I'm fairly glad, because he's gonna need paid on his next contract and that would be another feather in the cap. 

4 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Boston beat themselves. I've no idea how Tatum got to play so much of the game obviously hobbled - whether he thought he was gonna have has Isaiah Thomas on one foot game or whether Mazzullo doesn't have the experience or clout to pull him out, I dunno. Caleb Martin was robbed of series MVP for Jimbo, although as a Heat fan I'm fairly glad, because he's gonna need paid on his next contract and that would be another feather in the cap. 

It’s this. Time and again, he shows inexperience and naivety. The jump from college to the Celtics was too big. 

On 26/05/2023 at 11:06, BillyAnchor said:

Jokic

He just looks so lazy, it’s like he’s playing in second gear all the time.  A couple of blatant travelling fouls there, to be hyper-critical.  I’ll die on the Steph Curry hill, but Jokic is a class above almost everyone else. 

Very, very funny seeing the Celtics fight their way back to 3-3, only to give as meek and pathetic a performance as it's possible to give in a game 7 at their own arena. Was some very dodgy reffing in Game 6 also, so glad it was as clear as it was an no room for any further shenanigans towards the establishment celtics (they might have an Irish theme, but they're very *** like, especially with their racist, bigoted fans). Very funny indeed.

I hope the Nuggets win, they have the best player and best / most balanced squad in the NBA, and I really enjoy watching them play, but certainly wouldn't grudge this Heat team winning it. There's a very workmanlike feel to them, in that although they've got some excellent 3-point shooting throughout the squad, they all feel a bit like great fits, rather than great players (which is credit to how good a coach Spo is), and even J. Buckets esquire is a fairly understated star compared to the majority of "leading players" for a championship contending team.

On 26/05/2023 at 11:06, BillyAnchor said:

Jokic

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He just looks so lazy, it’s like he’s playing in second gear all the time.  A couple of blatant travelling fouls there, to be hyper-critical.  I’ll die on the Steph Curry hill, but Jokic is a class above almost everyone else. 

It's very similar to Luka in that they dictate and play at their own pace completely, and there's very little anyone can do to try and speed them up, or take them out of rhythm. Two of my absolute favourite players to watch. Hopefully the Mavericks can put decent role players round Doncic the way that the Nuggets have.

We were never in it. Good game for Bamonte, which should hopefully do a bit for his confidence and Highsmith going wild at the end is something to build on. Bit more aggression from Jimmy and the ability to hit a cow in the arse with a banjo from 3 and Miami might make it a series. 

It just looks effortless for big Jokic, like playing with his mates. So so good. Aaron Gordon is good as well, a bit of a beast.  Could see this being a sweep for the nuggets tbh

As much as Jokic is amazing sometimes I find him quite boring to watch I prefer watching Luka or someone like Morant even. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had my doubts that Jokic would be able to carry the Nuggets through the finals but here we are. Easily MVP and I'm not ashamed to say I'm still fizzing that Embid won that accolade.