NBA

Cerberus

Our neighbours across the street getting into the spirit. 

City was strange last night, took the train to meet my mate for a lift to football around 7ish, usually the train is half full at most, last night it was packed with people going downtown, got to the place we play football after taking the scenic route since the main streets were all congested with traffic. One of the games before us was cancelled as neither team bothered showing up, same with one of the games after us. On the way home the streets were eerily quiet, seems everyone was at home or a bar watching the game. 

As for the game, disappointing result but would be happy for the Raptors to win it all in Oakland. Leonard had a great 4th quarter, if only he was invisible in the 3rd the game could have been done and dusted. Roll on Thursday!  

WTN.jpg

KD likely to be out for a year, even then potentially not as good as he was before, its probably the worst injury a player can get in the NBA as well.

He will almost certainly be staying with GSW now and exercising the player option.

KD likely to be out for a year, even then potentially not as good as he was before, its probably the worst injury a player can get in the NBA as well.

He will almost certainly be staying with GSW now and exercising the player option.

Is it an Achilles?

Is it an Achilles?
His MRI is today but it's being reported everywhere they believe it's a torn Achilles.

One look at Cousins shows even as an elite player it's very tough to come back and play well.

I'm surprised KD isn't more regularly injured his legs and arms look like tooth picks and hes a giant.

Thompson did his ACL too. I hate the warriors and couldn't wait to see them no longer being a 'superteam' but it is a bit shit seeing the likely cause of their inability to even maybe make the play offs being long term injuries to KD and Klay. 

Very happy the raptors won though, f**k the warriors and their bandwagon fans. 

Edited by Louis Litt

Yaaaass

Buzzing for the warriors and Kawhi, hes been absolutely unreal this whole playoff run. No matter what he does he will be a hero in Canada forever.

On the flip side absolutely gutted for Klay, a player I really like and it's a contract year when he was about to get paid. Warriors might even release him as they surely wont pay luxury tax to keep both when they may not play a full year, they the risk Lakers getting AD and Klay though and winning a few rings.

One thing is for Certain this free agency is going to be great, and Kyrie has pretty much confirmed hes going to the Nets which is a great start.

I don't normally follow basketball as I don't find it a particularly interesting sport but I have to admit I got caught up in the enthusiasm of the Raptors run that has captured a lot of Canada.  Not enough to actually watch the games but enough to check the scores.

Well done Raptors, breaking the shackles of ineptitude that frequently plagues Toronto based teams

Can only beat what's in front of you as they say. I admit the Raptors probably weren't even my second favourite team in Toronto until recently but towards the end of the game I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. Delighted Toronto and Canada has a national champion in one of the big four leagues, as predicted the constant car horns got a little annoying, not sure why people's first thought after seeing your team win a championship is to drive around Etobicoke beeping your horn all night. Another thing that annoyed me was the owner being handed the trophy first, is that normal for the NBA? Never it to Leonard or Lowry ffs. 

The enthusiasm during the playoffs and euphoria after the win in the city and around the country is something I've never witnessed here before, you'll meet almost as many people in Toronto who hate the Leafs than love them but everyone seems to be a Raptors fan. The parade is due to past close to my office on Monday, our boss has postponed a meeting that day so we can go out and watch.

mon the Raptors

Gutted at the way the injuries piled up at the end to prevent Warriors competing but suspect even without them Raptors would have been too strong for Warriors this year. 

Going to be interesting for summer to see who is recruited and if they can keep the team competitive.

Edited by Jute

51 minutes ago, Jute said:

Gutted at the way the injuries piled up at the end to prevent Warriors competing but suspect even without them Raptors would have been too strong for Warriors this year. 

Going to be interesting for summer to see who is recruited and if they can keep the team competitive.

TBF to the Raptors, Drake never took to the court all season. When he's fit, they could be unstoppable.

At least that's the impression I'm getting from ESPN and SI.