NBA

Cerberus

On 5/31/2019 at 14:30, Torpar said:

I'm far from an expert on basketball so maybe someone on here can explain it to me but it seemed strange that the Raptors seem to insist on going for 3 pointer right from the start rather than easier 2 pointers? 

I didn't watch the game so I might've missed something particular to that game but statistically (points/shot ratio) you're better off going for three pointers unless you're right under the rim.

3 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Advantage to GSW, series tied up at 1-1. Toronto were shocking in the 3rd.

Ugly last 5 minutes from both teams with Warriors only scoring 3 points. Injuries to Thompson and Looney must be a concern going forward.

33 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

A lot of pressure on Steph to come up with the goods tonight as GSW without Klay & KD.

12 Points & 5 Rebounds so far so he's doing his bit but it's not enough ...  as of yet.

I nearly stuck a tenner on GS + over 211.5 , I'm glad I didn't now.

Good first half from Toronto, Siakam having another excellent game. Only the 3 perennial all stars on show for GSW tonight so about as must win as can be for the Raptors.

Next game is only 2 days away, gotta imagine that KD wont play in that either so they will need Klay to make it back for that one.

Steph is absolutely balling out tonight 45 points so far and 50% shooting. This is the worst I've seen boogie though this year and they really needed a big game from him.

Steph's performance tonight felt a bit like LBJ putting up 51-8-8 in the finals and it not being enough.

I think this series goes 7 games regardless of Friday, Warriors could have all of the starting 5 back by Monday.

How good is Kawhi Leonard, even with Klay coming back and having a good night offensively Kawhi is just next level right now.

GSW have the chance to turn history on its head now though and come back from 3-1 down, have a feeling a non ready KD may make an appearance on Monday.

57 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

How good is Kawhi Leonard, even with Klay coming back and having a good night offensively Kawhi is just next level right now.

GSW have the chance to turn history on its head now though and come back from 3-1 down, have a feeling a non ready KD may make an appearance on Monday.

14 30 point games in this season's playoffs. Sum boi :wub:

Certainly will be some night tonight, I have a 'soccer' game at 8 till 9 but fingers crossed the subway is running efficiently for a change and I can get home for second quarter. It really is the only news here at the moment,  people started lining up "Jurassic Park" on Saturday, considering it's been in the high 20s here all weekend, I'm sure they will smell ripe but tonight. The game is also being broadcast in Punjabi tonight, something they have done for years for hockey but not basketball before. 

I can only imagine the #scenes there will be downtown if they do win tonight, not so much in my area but I'm sure more car horns going all night than when Portugal won the Euros in 2016